E90Post
 


TireRack
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > Pumping Up the Liberalism



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-08-2013, 10:12 AM   #45
xbook
Lieutenant Colonel
 
xbook's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 EBII M235i & '06 R53 GP
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Northridge, CA

Posts: 1,538
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E82  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog CFP View Post
Uhhhhhh....xbook...do you eat celery? WTF?
Shrimp is as blasphemous and disgusting as homosexuality. I sure hope you don't eat shrimp, that sure would piss off your god.
__________________
xbook is offline   Zimbabwe
0
Reply With Quote
      02-09-2013, 11:57 AM   #46
andrew777
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 135i alpine white
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NJ

Posts: 225
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbook View Post
Shrimp is as blasphemous and disgusting as homosexuality. I sure hope you don't eat shrimp, that sure would piss off your god.
All the leftists in this thread take any reasonable argument people make and turn it into "you are religious and are wrong". The point I am making about free-love is not a religious one per-se. It is a philosophical idea that many writers and philosophers explore. I'm not surprised you've never encountered it since any reading you might have done is probably limited to mao's little red book or the communist manifesto. I don't think Bill Ayers or Obama would ever lecture on it either.

My point against "gay marriage" is that re-defining things just to please current societal norms is ridiculous. If you went up to someone a few centuries ago and told him 2 men could get married he would find it as preposterous as if you started moo-ing, walking on all fours and told him you think you are a cow. Just because some people want to re-define it and the media and television portray it in a positive light doesn't mean we should accept it. If this is the path we follow what is to prevent us from accepting rape and murder in the years to come?

Also, my point was that our voting system is flawed. I pointed out that democracies brought fascists and communists to power in the past. Claiming fascism is a far-right movement proves nothing. In a circle of political ideas I am nowhere near the right. Way to just repeat media propaganda. You only prove my assertion that people like you shouldn't have the right to vote because you are incapable of engaging in political thought when 99% of what you say or answer is just repeated media propaganda or imagined and exaggerated claims that are meant to deflect from the question at hand.
__________________
JB3, AR design catless DP's, CP-E catback exhaust, BMS DCI, HPF FMIC, 17" black SSR-F w/ Star Specs
andrew777 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-10-2013, 02:53 AM   #47
Id
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: VW Golf R
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia

Posts: 44
iTrader: (0)

If you told someone 2 centuries ago that inter racial marriage was legal the majority of states would not have believed you. Are you saying that an outdated legal definition is more important than anything else?

My last job was writing legislation. Of particular importance is definitions and making sure they stand up to legal scrutiny. It is pretty common to redefine words to react to social change. Legislation is a fluid thing. To have an argument based on a principle of it wasn't like this in the past doesn't stand up to any level of scrutiny.
__________________
2010 VW Golf R manual. Soon to be for sale. 328i Msport here I come.
Id is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-10-2013, 04:17 AM   #48
OldArmy
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0si
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Central Virginia

Posts: 523
iTrader: (0)

Change the law, get married, live next door, adopt kids, pay your taxes, participate fully in society, be my friend, whatever makes you happy is good to go.

I wish you well--just quit trying to persuade me that homosexuality is not abnormal, OK?
OldArmy is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-10-2013, 10:31 PM   #49
Mr Tonka
Tonka.... Mr. Tonka
 
Drives: Exceptionally well :)
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Tampa, FL

Posts: 1,179
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Id View Post
If you told someone 2 centuries ago that inter racial marriage was legal the majority of states would not have believed you. Are you saying that an outdated legal definition is more important than anything else?

My last job was writing legislation. Of particular importance is definitions and making sure they stand up to legal scrutiny. It is pretty common to redefine words to react to social change. Legislation is a fluid thing. To have an argument based on a principle of it wasn't like this in the past doesn't stand up to any level of scrutiny.
The government should get out of marriage all together. Straight or gay they should issue a civil union license and be done with it. If you want to get married in a church, by all means, do so. If you want to get married at Disney on Gay day go a head and do so. This is a simple and logical solution to the whole gay marriage issue. Is it not?

The reason this has not been enacted is because the government rather enjoys us simpletons bickering and arguing about this silly issue while most of the public overlook the important issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldArmy View Post
Change the law, get married, live next door, adopt kids, pay your taxes, participate fully in society, be my friend, whatever makes you happy is good to go.

I wish you well--just quit trying to persuade me that homosexuality is not abnormal, OK?
I agree with this. I don't have to agree with their lifestyle to accept it.
__________________
-Joe


"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." — Frédéric Bastiat

Last edited by Mr Tonka; 02-11-2013 at 08:48 AM.
Mr Tonka is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-11-2013, 12:28 AM   #50
Id
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: VW Golf R
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia

Posts: 44
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP0WER View Post
The government should get out of marriage all together. Straight or gay they should issue a civil union license and be done with it. If you want to get married in a church, by all means, do so. If you want to get married at Disney on Gay day go a head and do so. This is a simple and logical solution to the whole gay marriage issue. Is it not?

The reason this has not been enacted is because the government rather enjoys us simpletons bickering and arguing about this silly issue while important issues are overlooked.
No argument here on that one.
__________________
2010 VW Golf R manual. Soon to be for sale. 328i Msport here I come.
Id is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-11-2013, 11:45 AM   #51
Mss396
Jet Pilot
 
Mss396's Avatar
 
Drives: 4 wheels
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Mobile

Posts: 57
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Id View Post
No argument here on that one.
I agree
Mss396 is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      02-11-2013, 03:59 PM   #52
andrew777
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 135i alpine white
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NJ

Posts: 225
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Id View Post
No argument here on that one.
This isn't the attitude of the left in the US. I'm all for civil unions, but when people want to bring down my marriage to a woman by changing the meaning of a millenia old tradition I am going to stand my ground.

People on the left specifically do not want to accept civil unions and need to be "married". You know what my opinion is. If you really need to be married cure that mental disease you have that attracts you to people of your own gender and then you can get off the short bus. Until then be grateful that normal people accept you at all.
__________________
JB3, AR design catless DP's, CP-E catback exhaust, BMS DCI, HPF FMIC, 17" black SSR-F w/ Star Specs
andrew777 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-11-2013, 04:17 PM   #53
Mr Tonka
Tonka.... Mr. Tonka
 
Drives: Exceptionally well :)
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Tampa, FL

Posts: 1,179
iTrader: (0)

As a person on the right i have issue with the government issuing a marriage license. I'm quite sure they got into this business for reasons of income tax and what not. But the only reason it wasn't called a civil union back in the day was because there wasn't a large homosexual presence.

I personally believe it's not my place or anyone else's to judge anyones sexual preference. I don't think anyone who's walking in parades in drag want to have the same type of "marriage" straight people have. MOST of them just want their significant other to be recognized by the courts when it comes to tax filing, benefits, last will & testament, etc...

There is just no reason the government should be involved in regulating a religious institution such as marriage. I know of a two women who have same sex tendencies but don't want to submit to that lifestyle. They happen to be sisters and because neither of them want to be with men and neither of them want to be with women; they chose to live together as companions. They share all the expenses of living and like a couple, share their time together. Why shouldn't they be afforded the same rights as a man and a woman doing the same thing?

I don't look at this issue as gay vs straight. I look at it as a civil right issue and in that light, some people aren't afforded the rights they should have.
__________________
-Joe


"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." — Frédéric Bastiat
Mr Tonka is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-11-2013, 06:48 PM   #54
Andy H.
Lieutenant
 
Andy H.'s Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 535i M Sport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: San Antonio, TX

Posts: 401
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew777 View Post
This isn't the attitude of the left in the US. I'm all for civil unions, but when people want to bring down my marriage to a woman by changing the meaning of a millenia old tradition I am going to stand my ground.

People on the left specifically do not want to accept civil unions and need to be "married". You know what my opinion is. If you really need to be married cure that mental disease you have that attracts you to people of your own gender and then you can get off the short bus. Until then be grateful that normal people accept you at all.
LOL!!!!!! Amen.
__________________
LIVE FREE OR DIE
Andy H. is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-11-2013, 08:54 PM   #55
Id
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: VW Golf R
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia

Posts: 44
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew777 View Post
This isn't the attitude of the left in the US. I'm all for civil unions, but when people want to bring down my marriage to a woman by changing the meaning of a millenia old tradition I am going to stand my ground.

People on the left specifically do not want to accept civil unions and need to be "married". You know what my opinion is. If you really need to be married cure that mental disease you have that attracts you to people of your own gender and then you can get off the short bus. Until then be grateful that normal people accept you at all.
You mean the millennial old tradition that used to include men marrying other men?

I pity the amount of bile that fills you. But it seems to bring you pleasure, so carry on.

As for me, I don't care what people do in their bedroom provided it is between consenting adults. Gay, straight, dwarves, dress ups, interracial, multiple partners, whatever. Go for your life. I'm not getting caught up about what people do.

Why does it affect you in the slighest?

MPOWER. Agree again. Marriage is a civil thing. Not a state thing, nor a religious thing.
__________________
2010 VW Golf R manual. Soon to be for sale. 328i Msport here I come.
Id is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-11-2013, 09:59 PM   #56
JAM3S
Lieutenant
 
JAM3S's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Charlotte

Posts: 580
iTrader: (0)

Wow this thread is all over the place.

I think its funny the people who threw up Romney as their solution to Obama are thinking anything would be any different today if he had won.

No matter who is in power, spending increases, the debt increases, and the middle class gets smaller and smaller.

I am going to sit back and cheer on Obama and hope he gets everything he wants. This country is going down the toilet and it needs to happen in our generation and not the next. We should live to see the result of our stupidity as an electorate. We are well past the point of no return.

What was Romney going to cut? $100 million from Planned Parenthood and PBS??

What a joke.
JAM3S is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-13-2013, 08:10 PM   #57
BKsBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel
 
BKsBimmer's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 330xi Titanium Silver
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: USA / Silver Spring, Maryland

Posts: 1,638
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 330xi  [5.00]
2006 330xi  [0.00]
__________________
_____________________________________
330xi/TiAg/Black/Alum/6sp/ZPP/ZSP/Nav/CA/CW/PDC/Sirius Satellite Radio/OEM Spoiler/Blacklines/19" Axis Hiro Hyper Silver/Toyo Proxes 4 Ultra High Performance all season F 235/35/19 R 265/30/19/10mm spacers F/15mm spacers R/M3 front bumber/M-tech rear bumper
BKsBimmer is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-14-2013, 09:07 AM   #58
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Templar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: One of the coasts...

Posts: 1,817
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKsBimmer View Post
__________________
'11 BMW E92 ///M3 - ZCP and DCT
'13 Toyota Tundra - 4x4 Platinum CrewMax, 5.7l iForce V8
Templar is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-14-2013, 09:44 AM   #59
xbook
Lieutenant Colonel
 
xbook's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 EBII M235i & '06 R53 GP
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Northridge, CA

Posts: 1,538
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E82  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew777 View Post
This isn't the attitude of the left in the US. I'm all for civil unions, but when people want to bring down my marriage to a woman by changing the meaning of a millenia old tradition I am going to stand my ground.

People on the left specifically do not want to accept civil unions and need to be "married". You know what my opinion is. If you really need to be married cure that mental disease you have that attracts you to people of your own gender and then you can get off the short bus. Until then be grateful that normal people accept you at all.
Oh you mean traditional marriage. Like when Cleopatra married her 4 year old son to keep her power in her empire?

Please explain how my two friend's Alex and Michael being married "brings down" your marriage to a woman. Personally my wife's name is Shannon, not woman.
__________________
xbook is offline   Zimbabwe
0
Reply With Quote
      02-14-2013, 02:34 PM   #60
MiddleAgedAl
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: sitting down, facing the keyboard

Posts: 322
iTrader: (0)

Just the other night my wife and I were thinking how Ellen Degeneres and Portia were making a mockery of the institution of marriage, and how it was profoundly impairing our ability to maintain a strong relationship ourselves.

If only more celebrities would stop providing such a bad, blasphemous example to the impressionable youth today.
Clearly, God is on Team Breezy, since his private bits are not the same as Rihanna's, thus making it a great example of a dynamic to strive for.... in fact, I'd like to think there is a special place in the afterlife reserved just for those who treat their women like he did.

Remember, Ellen is the most damaging kind of liberal, not the kind who pay no income taxes, and use their taxpayer funded Obamaphones to do everything BUT try and find a new job or learn a useful trade.
MiddleAgedAl is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-14-2013, 06:57 PM   #61
Id
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: VW Golf R
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia

Posts: 44
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiddleAgedAl View Post
Just the other night my wife and I were thinking how Ellen Degeneres and Portia were making a mockery of the institution of marriage, and how it was profoundly impairing our ability to maintain a strong relationship ourselves.

If only more celebrities would stop providing such a bad, blasphemous example to the impressionable youth today.
Clearly, God is on Team Breezy, since his private bits are not the same as Rihanna's, thus making it a great example of a dynamic to strive for.... in fact, I'd like to think there is a special place in the afterlife reserved just for those who treat their women like he did.

Remember, Ellen is the most damaging kind of liberal, not the kind who pay no income taxes, and use their taxpayer funded Obamaphones to do everything BUT try and find a new job or learn a useful trade.
This is a brilliant bit of satire, right?
__________________
2010 VW Golf R manual. Soon to be for sale. 328i Msport here I come.
Id is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-14-2013, 08:12 PM   #62
MiddleAgedAl
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: sitting down, facing the keyboard

Posts: 322
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Id View Post
This is a brilliant bit of satire, right?
Usually, when one is sufficiently over-the-top, satire can be easily recognized as such.

It says a lot about society that you have to ask... <sigh> sadly, when statements like I made do come out of the mouths of some people, it represents the most earnest statement they have made all day.

Actually, there was a shred of truth... I dont know if there is a heaven or hell, but I do honestly hope there is a special place for those who beat the shit out of their girlfriends/wives.
MiddleAgedAl is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-14-2013, 10:14 PM   #63
Id
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: VW Golf R
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia

Posts: 44
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiddleAgedAl View Post
Usually, when one is sufficiently over-the-top, satire can be easily recognized as such.

It says a lot about society that you have to ask... <sigh> sadly, when statements like I made do come out of the mouths of some people, it represents the most earnest statement they have made all day.

Actually, there was a shred of truth... I dont know if there is a heaven or hell, but I do honestly hope there is a special place for those who beat the shit out of their girlfriends/wives.
I thought it was the case, but it was no crazier than a lot of the bizarre bile spilled above so I just needed to check.
__________________
2010 VW Golf R manual. Soon to be for sale. 328i Msport here I come.
Id is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-15-2013, 11:56 AM   #64
xbook
Lieutenant Colonel
 
xbook's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 EBII M235i & '06 R53 GP
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Northridge, CA

Posts: 1,538
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E82  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiddleAgedAl View Post
Just the other night my wife and I were thinking how Ellen Degeneres and Portia were making a mockery of the institution of marriage, and how it was profoundly impairing our ability to maintain a strong relationship ourselves...



__________________
xbook is offline   Zimbabwe
0
Reply With Quote
      02-15-2013, 12:52 PM   #65
MiddleAgedAl
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: sitting down, facing the keyboard

Posts: 322
iTrader: (0)

That reminds me, the neckline of Katy Perry's Grammys dress is also profoundly impairing my ability to maintain a strong relationship with my wife...

gotta run now, I have this strange, sudden craving for two large glasses of milk....
MiddleAgedAl is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-15-2013, 05:54 PM   #66
andrew777
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 135i alpine white
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NJ

Posts: 225
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbook View Post
Oh you mean traditional marriage. Like when Cleopatra married her 4 year old son to keep her power in her empire?

Please explain how my two friend's Alex and Michael being married "brings down" your marriage to a woman. Personally my wife's name is Shannon, not woman.

I am referring to the Judeo-Christian tradition that our society is built on. What the egyptians did interests me less than what "marriages" might exist between chimpanzees.

Oh, your "wife" isn't a woman. Maybe you married a dog. Is that your thing? How would I know? Well, honestly I think you should probably be sent to an insane asylum. Maybe some electroshock therapy could help you. You telling me a man can marry a man is as insane as if you told me you think you are a cow and started walking around on all fours moo-ing.
__________________
JB3, AR design catless DP's, CP-E catback exhaust, BMS DCI, HPF FMIC, 17" black SSR-F w/ Star Specs
andrew777 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:33 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST