E90Post

ECS BMW

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Opticians. Any on the forum?

01-26-2013, 02:51 PM   #1
John320d
First Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: BMW 320d E93

Opticians. Any on the forum?

I recently purchased a replacement pair of varifocal spectacles from a wellknown opticians which states it will save you money. I had every confidence in the optician who carried out the eye test and issued the prescription.Two weeks later I received a phone call to say my glasses were ready for collection. I tried them on in the shop and said I was not happy with them. I was told to take them and persevere wearing them for a week so my eyes became accustomed to them, but not to drive home using them. One week later I took them back and told them I thought that they were useless. They then stated they would make me one pair of glasses for reading and one pair for distance. I said " but I want varifocals" .Their reply was if I could not become acclimatised to varifocals their deal with me was to supply the readers and distance glasses. Now because my previous glasses were varifocals I did not expect to find myself in this position. Now I have two pair of glasses which I will not use even though the prescriptions seem OK.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2013, 05:19 PM   #2
Scoot
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: Audi A8 3.0tdi Quattro

If you wanted verifocals and they couldn't supply them then tell them you want your money back. By any chance Is it the firm that states " you should of gone to " ?
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2013, 06:17 PM   #3
John320d
First Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: BMW 320d E93

Yes Scoot thats the company. The question I wanted to ask an optician was, is there a point in different strengths between near vision and far vision where varifocals are not viable? I would still like varifocals again, but I do not want to fall into this trap again. Also should the shop staff have known that varifocals were not viable on seeing my prescription?
Appreciate 0