E90Post
 


Bimmer Retrofit
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > E90 325 Muffler Delete !!!!



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-26-2007, 10:04 PM   #155
D-Rock
Lieutenant Colonel
86

 
Drives: 325i
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: miami


Posts: 1,846
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to D-Rock
I have an intake on mine like scheerspeed was saying. I should make a vid.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2007, 10:36 PM   #156
Excellence
G-STAR
61

 
Excellence's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 to A5
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Richmond, BC


Posts: 1,899
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rock View Post
I have an intake on mine like scheerspeed was saying. I should make a vid.
Do it!
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2007, 10:42 PM   #157
GreddyBoy858
Mack
4

 
Drives: 2006 325i
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: San Diego


Posts: 209
iTrader: (0)

HA.. So check this out.. I decided today that I was going to get this done FINALLY!! I go to the local muffler shop and ask how much it would cost to get the muffler removed and a nice dual outlet tip. He goes.. "Welp, see BMW's are hard to do... Gonna cost you like em.. $250.00" HAHAHAHAHA.. I looked at him and said are you fucking kidding?? He said nope, so I said that I will have to think about it...

On the way home, I was thinking about it.. I wonder if he is just saying that cause he thinks I have money.. I'm going to go back in my truck and see what he quotes me...

I have a lifted '97 Tacoma, so I go back and talk to THE SAME GUY!!! He comes out and looks at my truck, and goes.. "That sure is a nice truck, must be fun off roadin in that".. I say yea, and he goes I'll cut out the muffler and throw in a tip for like.. $100.00...

What an asshole!! Needless to say, I am going to go somewhere else, just wanted to share/vent....
__________________
2006 BMW 325i / Jet Black / Black Dakota / Step / Nav w/ iDrive/ Premium / Sport / Sat Radio/ Adaptive Xenon Headlights / Debadged / Chrome Exhaust Tips / Rear Foglight Mod. / Rear DC Power Outlet Mod. / 20% Tint
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2007, 11:02 PM   #158
Excellence
G-STAR
61

 
Excellence's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 to A5
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Richmond, BC


Posts: 1,899
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreddyBoy858 View Post
HA.. So check this out.. I decided today that I was going to get this done FINALLY!! I go to the local muffler shop and ask how much it would cost to get the muffler removed and a nice dual outlet tip. He goes.. "Welp, see BMW's are hard to do... Gonna cost you like em.. $250.00" HAHAHAHAHA.. I looked at him and said are you fucking kidding?? He said nope, so I said that I will have to think about it...

On the way home, I was thinking about it.. I wonder if he is just saying that cause he thinks I have money.. I'm going to go back in my truck and see what he quotes me...

I have a lifted '97 Tacoma, so I go back and talk to THE SAME GUY!!! He comes out and looks at my truck, and goes.. "That sure is a nice truck, must be fun off roadin in that".. I say yea, and he goes I'll cut out the muffler and throw in a tip for like.. $100.00...

What an asshole!! Needless to say, I am going to go somewhere else, just wanted to share/vent....

Go to a chinese/indian dealership. You can probably get it done for under 80$ tax-in. Plus the workmanship is pretty much on par with everyone else in town. Welding is welding. I would do it myself if I had a jack to lift my car up.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2007, 11:21 PM   #159
ahnh77
chichen
United_States
3

 
ahnh77's Avatar
 
Drives: e90 325xi
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: san francisco (south beach), ca


Posts: 233
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to ahnh77 Send a message via MSN to ahnh77 Send a message via Yahoo to ahnh77
i paid a muffler shop $50 an hour....it took him about 45 minutes to cut pipes...bend...weld...a complete catback exahaust..solo....i gave him an extra $10 for doing it so fast while i watched....

latter on i came back to switch mufflers...cut out the muffler and try a different mufflers....he charged me $20 each time....i tried about 4 different mufflers to get the exact sound i wanted....he charged me $10 for each cut and weld of tips...i tried out 3 tips...to test for sound...until i found the exact set up i wanted...

it's not that hard to cut and weld....regardless of the car...and the exhaust lasted 5+ years without breaks until the car was totalled...(3 inch drop with intrax springs...hit a dip too hard and fast...cracked the motor)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excellence View Post
Go to a chinese/indian dealership. You can probably get it done for under 80$ tax-in. Plus the workmanship is pretty much on par with everyone else in town. Welding is welding. I would do it myself if I had a jack to lift my car up.
__________________
......... ............ ..........
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2007, 02:22 PM   #160
Excellence
G-STAR
61

 
Excellence's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 to A5
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Richmond, BC


Posts: 1,899
iTrader: (0)

I went to midas and they quoted me 300$ for a stinking pipe and a dynomax Y-two tip.
Thats effing retarted. I'm going somewhere else to check.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2007, 01:13 PM   #161
BMW_E90
Major
21

 
BMW_E90's Avatar
 
Drives: 325i
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: California


Posts: 1,035
iTrader: (11)

go to does ghetto looking muffler shops. very cheap yet still good welding!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2007, 03:02 PM   #162
ScheerSpeed
Major General
United_States
107

 
ScheerSpeed's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 F30 Estoril M-Sport 335i
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Miami, FL


Posts: 5,769
iTrader: (14)

Send a message via AIM to ScheerSpeed Send a message via MSN to ScheerSpeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_E90 View Post
go to does ghetto looking muffler shops. very cheap yet still good welding!

haha tru dat!
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2007, 03:59 PM   #163
Excellence
G-STAR
61

 
Excellence's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 to A5
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Richmond, BC


Posts: 1,899
iTrader: (0)

Not many ghetto shops in my area have the bending machine for exhaust pipes.
I need to find a nice tip. I saw a DTM tip, makes my car look like a civic !
Anyone know where I can get a nice looking two pipe tip?
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2007, 04:23 PM   #164
ScheerSpeed
Major General
United_States
107

 
ScheerSpeed's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 F30 Estoril M-Sport 335i
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Miami, FL


Posts: 5,769
iTrader: (14)

Send a message via AIM to ScheerSpeed Send a message via MSN to ScheerSpeed
get magnaflow like mine..looks great and sounds nice, and not too xpensive. $45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excellence View Post
Not many ghetto shops in my area have the bending machine for exhaust pipes.
I need to find a nice tip. I saw a DTM tip, makes my car look like a civic !
Anyone know where I can get a nice looking two pipe tip?
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2007, 01:21 AM   #165
Excellence
G-STAR
61

 
Excellence's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 to A5
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Richmond, BC


Posts: 1,899
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScheerSpeed View Post
get magnaflow like mine..looks great and sounds nice, and not too xpensive. $45
flows are like 90$ in canada...
And most stores that stock em are not supplying flowmasters anymore.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2007, 05:14 PM   #166
wuufer001
Colonel
Taiwan
54

 
wuufer001's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 E90 M/T
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: DFW, TX//Taiwan//South Africa


Posts: 2,305
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2006 325i  [4.67]
go to meineke, they did my resonator delete and cost me $80 inlcuding parts and labor
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2007, 06:38 PM   #167
ScheerSpeed
Major General
United_States
107

 
ScheerSpeed's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 F30 Estoril M-Sport 335i
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Miami, FL


Posts: 5,769
iTrader: (14)

Send a message via AIM to ScheerSpeed Send a message via MSN to ScheerSpeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excellence View Post
flows are like 90$ in canada...
And most stores that stock em are not supplying flowmasters anymore.
im just saying magneflow tips...not mufflers
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2007, 10:23 AM   #168
Excellence
G-STAR
61

 
Excellence's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 to A5
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Richmond, BC


Posts: 1,899
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScheerSpeed View Post
im just saying magneflow tips...not mufflers
Tips are 90$!! The 1 inlet into 2 outlet! Magnas are mad expensive here in toronto...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuufer001
go to meineke, they did my resonator delete and cost me $80 inlcuding parts and labor
Thats in texas isn't it .
I dont think meineke exists in canada....

cause a stinking muff delete is so hard to do here! I don't want to pay 300$ when I can just buy a IKON exhuast for my car!
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2007, 10:22 PM   #169
ScheerSpeed
Major General
United_States
107

 
ScheerSpeed's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 F30 Estoril M-Sport 335i
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Miami, FL


Posts: 5,769
iTrader: (14)

Send a message via AIM to ScheerSpeed Send a message via MSN to ScheerSpeed
i think theres an exhaust shop in barrie or orillia that could do it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excellence View Post
Tips are 90$!! The 1 inlet into 2 outlet! Magnas are mad expensive here in toronto...



Thats in texas isn't it .
I dont think meineke exists in canada....

cause a stinking muff delete is so hard to do here! I don't want to pay 300$ when I can just buy a IKON exhuast for my car!
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2007, 12:16 AM   #170
ehhhwik
Brigadier General
Hong Kong
51

 
ehhhwik's Avatar
 
Drives: 09' BMW 335d, 07' BMW E92 328i
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC


Posts: 3,432
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excellence View Post
I went to midas and they quoted me 300$ for a stinking pipe and a dynomax Y-two tip.
Thats effing retarted. I'm going somewhere else to check.
midas is full of crap, they charge by the book, i just brought it to some ugly ass shop owned by some fat Chinese guy and paid him $50 and he did a hell of a job
__________________
Current: 09' E90 335d - Titanium Silver/Black Leatherette/Sports Package/6AT Paddle Shift/USB Integration/19" Staggered Breyton GT Gloss Black

Retired: 07' E92 328i (Jet Black)
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2007, 10:05 PM   #171
Excellence
G-STAR
61

 
Excellence's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 to A5
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Richmond, BC


Posts: 1,899
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehhhwik View Post
midas is full of crap, they charge by the book, i just brought it to some ugly ass shop owned by some fat Chinese guy and paid him $50 and he did a hell of a job
aiyah! I'll keep searching for muff shops...
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2007, 01:52 PM   #172
ScheerSpeed
Major General
United_States
107

 
ScheerSpeed's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 F30 Estoril M-Sport 335i
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Miami, FL


Posts: 5,769
iTrader: (14)

Send a message via AIM to ScheerSpeed Send a message via MSN to ScheerSpeed
how many ppl have done this so far?

1. scheerspeed
2. D-Rock
3.
4.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2007, 04:49 PM   #173
jjhan85
J-Han
3

 
Drives: BMW E90 325i jetblack
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Maryland


Posts: 398
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScheerSpeed View Post
how many ppl have done this so far?

1. scheerspeed
2. D-Rock
3.
4.
me
__________________
325i // Sport Package // 6 speed manual // AFE intake // Resonator + Muffler Delete // 20% tints//

Appreciate 0
      10-03-2007, 11:58 PM   #174
mtkid
First Lieutenant
United_States
6

 
mtkid's Avatar
 
Drives: None
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: California


Posts: 387
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to mtkid
me but I got a quad setup
__________________
mods to come: koni yellows. camber kit. matte black m6 reps. mtec cf spoiler
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2007, 12:05 AM   #175
Autobot
Colonel
United_States
33

 
Autobot's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 E90 Montego 6MT
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Monterey, California


Posts: 2,980
iTrader: (8)

Garage List
06 325i  [0.00]
07 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelkidon View Post
me but I got a quad setup
Do you have pics of your quad setup??
__________________
MODS: Blacklines|M6 Reps|Rear Fog|Silver CF Int Trim |Silver CF Pedals, Dead Pedal & Brake hande|OEM CF Trunk Spoiler |ACS Roof Spoiler|CF Mirror Covers|CF Door Pillars |8000K D1S| Blue LED Interior Lights|Black Grille| LUX 5.0| ACS front lip| 20% Tint| CF Roundels | LED Turn signals |Deleted Secondary Cats|Eisenmann Race with mid-pipes|BMW Perf SSK| Black roof | SWS 8 & PDX amp|BMW Perf Fr Brakes | Vorsteiner CF Hood
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2007, 12:06 AM   #176
Autobot
Colonel
United_States
33

 
Autobot's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 E90 Montego 6MT
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Monterey, California


Posts: 2,980
iTrader: (8)

Garage List
06 325i  [0.00]
07 328i  [0.00]
D-Rock, if you could make a sound clip it would be greatly appreciated, I want to hear yours before I go and do this, Thanks man
__________________
MODS: Blacklines|M6 Reps|Rear Fog|Silver CF Int Trim |Silver CF Pedals, Dead Pedal & Brake hande|OEM CF Trunk Spoiler |ACS Roof Spoiler|CF Mirror Covers|CF Door Pillars |8000K D1S| Blue LED Interior Lights|Black Grille| LUX 5.0| ACS front lip| 20% Tint| CF Roundels | LED Turn signals |Deleted Secondary Cats|Eisenmann Race with mid-pipes|BMW Perf SSK| Black roof | SWS 8 & PDX amp|BMW Perf Fr Brakes | Vorsteiner CF Hood
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:35 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST