E90Post

MINHS Auto Care Center

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Polish fix...

04-15-2013, 07:02 AM   #1
tinnsoldaten
Captain
Norway
Rep

Drives: e92 335i coupe

Polish fix...

Had my car in Poland to have it fixed after a little accident , the problem
I need to address is the ABS wire going to battery.

I have after the accident had a warning in dash , related to safety system.

They have swapped a cable they claim , but I dont buy it.

And I am not sure if this fix that I found that someone have done , either in Poland or mechanics here in Norway. This has been a problem before too.

What I discover was that the cable was unplugged. And with tape on it , under the tape you see that they solder a resistor between the two cables.

So I guess this is done to fool the cars signal that something is wrong.

And I am currently redoing everything with my car , I want it in 100% working order , no fancy fix here and there.

My question is , I have bought new battery , just the same spec as the old one. But I plan on taking away this resistor and see if problem is still there , if I can delete it or if something more is wrong. I dont think its the pyro positive cable , when that shuts down , car wont start , been there.

Any ideas ?
Vargas S2 turbos|VAC S3 Cylinder head|RR DPs|RR MPs|Supersprint X pipe|Remus Quad Sport mufflers|aFe Stage 2 Si with scoops|Forge DVs|ER CP|BMS meth elbow|Aquamist HFS-4|Walbro 450 E85 LPFP|AA FMIC|BMS OCC|Cobb stage2+ agressive FMIC LT|P3 Boost Gauge|JIC CROSS Competition Coilvers|M3 sways F/R+ Ground control endlinks|Vorsteiner v303 19"|Michelin PS2 sport|Quaife LSD|Vorsteiner V35 CF hood|CF CLS trunk|Duke Dynamics quad diffusor
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2013, 10:12 AM   #2
BOBKUR
Major
Rep

Drives: 2008 E 90

Pictures!
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2013, 10:44 AM   #3
tinnsoldaten
Captain
Norway
Rep

On the ABS cable from car , just by the connector , they stripped off some insulation on both wires and solder on a resistor between the two wires. Its only these to wires from car.

And cable is not connected to its intended connection.

I want to make sure this in no way makes any problem for proper charging of my battery , and that I connect this again like its supposed to be. The fix itself is a smart idea , but only for emergency use , better use the resistor hack than having to call a tow truck.

You even have this mechanism on your cars in the US?
Attached Images

Vargas S2 turbos|VAC S3 Cylinder head|RR DPs|RR MPs|Supersprint X pipe|Remus Quad Sport mufflers|aFe Stage 2 Si with scoops|Forge DVs|ER CP|BMS meth elbow|Aquamist HFS-4|Walbro 450 E85 LPFP|AA FMIC|BMS OCC|Cobb stage2+ agressive FMIC LT|P3 Boost Gauge|JIC CROSS Competition Coilvers|M3 sways F/R+ Ground control endlinks|Vorsteiner v303 19"|Michelin PS2 sport|Quaife LSD|Vorsteiner V35 CF hood|CF CLS trunk|Duke Dynamics quad diffusor
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2013, 01:02 PM   #4
tinnsoldaten
Captain
Norway
Rep

Here is one of the famous resistor hack ...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-22-2013, 12:13 PM   #5
tinnsoldaten
Captain
Norway
Rep

Bump for more input

Replaced my battery with new one , still get low battery charge message on dash/idrive display.

I have still the ABS cable like it is on picture as above and not connected in its socket .

Some cable is causing system to read low amp from battery or something like that.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2013, 01:37 PM   #6
tinnsoldaten
Captain
Norway
Rep

Bump
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2013, 02:00 PM   #7
upstatedoc
Drone Expert
Rep

Drives: '09 BMW 328ix

I thought this was going to be a thread about detailing.
1993 Honda Nighthawk 750
Countermeasure enthusiast.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2013, 02:50 PM   #8
tinnsoldaten
Captain
Norway
Rep

Sorry to disappoint you

Its fix from Poland ... the polish
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2014, 05:40 PM   #9
tinnsoldaten
Captain
Norway
Rep

Maybe I found the reason for this fix. It could be a kind of airbag bypass fix.

I ordered the ready made fix for this, its in mail and will hook it up to my passenger seat and see if that solve my misery.

The "polish" fix is removed and cable connected back to terminal.

Will update when the airbag bypass is installed.
Appreciate 0