E90Post

GT Haus

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Coilover adjustments

01-29-2013, 12:42 PM   #1
GermanMuscle
Once you drive a Bimmer, you always drive a Bimmer

Drives: 2011 e90

Coilover adjustments

I'm currently on some 18in wheels. If I install coilovers, I know I need a alignment. But, if I switch to some 19in wheels do I have to adjust the coilovers or just a new alignment?
GermanMuscle is offline   United_States
      01-29-2013, 01:13 PM   #2
BRGmatthew
Bausman

Drives: around the block

Send a message via AIM to BRGmatthew
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanMuscle View Post
I'm currently on some 18in wheels. If I install coilovers, I know I need a alignment. But, if I switch to some 19in wheels do I have to adjust the coilovers or just a new alignment?
you will have to adjust the coilovers no matter what you do. The coilovers wont come in the exact specs you want. You will have to play with it and see where you want your height and dampening and etc. After all this is good and done, get an alignment.
BRGmatthew is online now   United_States
      01-31-2013, 12:49 AM   #3
cchong4
Captain

Drives: e92 328i

Garage List
2010 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRGmatthew
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanMuscle View Post
you will have to adjust the coilovers no matter what you do. The coilovers wont come in the exact specs you want. You will have to play with it and see where you want your height and dampening and etc. After all this is good and done, get an alignment.
+1
You're gonna have to fiddle with the height to get the look you want when you upgrade to 19's. I would recommend getting an alignment
      01-31-2013, 06:35 PM   #4
mike-y
just another bmw douche bag

Drives: 1.9L of fury

Just switching the wheels doesn't affect the alignment. but like others said, you will probably want to adjust the coilovers, which does affect the alignment.
mike-y is offline   United_States