E90Post

N54Tuning.com

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > CC-ID 41 with no service due?

06-19-2012, 01:19 PM   #1
Bluesun
sudo su -

Drives: E92 335i 6MT, GSXR1000K5

CC-ID 41 with no service due?

I have been searching these forums and the internet for a while now with no results that have helped me. I'm hoping someone with some patience can help a brother out .

The gist of it is I have the red triangle, CC-ID 41, which according to the code list is just a "service overdue" reminder. It says I'm like 70 ish miles overdue for a service, but here's where I get confused.

I do not see any service reminders by using the toggle switch and going to "check control". I also tried accessing the service menu by holding the odometer reset button (which I have done successfully to reset the interval for the spark plugs, and the oil change interval earlier this year), but after the yellow triangle shows up and disappears, nothing happens until the tiny writing with software version numbers shows up.

I'm really sorry if I have missed this information somewhere, but I am starting to get fairly frustrated with this -- I just want the damn triangle to go away, and I refuse to take it to our local BMW dealer (which does very sloppy work).

Thank you very much for your help!
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2012, 01:33 PM   #2
e90pilot
Freight Dawg
United_States

Drives: E90 325i

You won't find it under check control. Look under "Service Info." It should be the very first item. It might just be a simple vehicle check.
'06 Arctic Metallic 325i | Sport Package | 6MT | Dinan Stage III suspension | Dinan exhaust | 330i manifold swap! Click here! | Active Autowerke tune | 135i Brake Calipers | Deiselboost caliper brackets | E46 M3 front rotors
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2012, 01:36 PM   #3
Bluesun
sudo su -

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90pilot View Post
You won't find it under check control. Look under "Service Info." It should be the very first item. It might just be a simple vehicle check.
Sorry to be dumb about this, but when you say "Service info", which screen are you referring to? Are you talking about the "odometer-hold" screen that you reset other service stuff through? For whatever reason, I'm unable to get that to come up. I hold the odometer reset, the yellow triangle shows up and disappears, then nothing happens until the software version info comes up. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

I'm an engineer, and I feel retarded for not being able to figure this out

Thank you again!

EDIT: Before anyone posts it, I am aware of this thread that explains how to access the service menu...and I have read and re-read the instructions several times. I have even previously successfully reset the service intervals for other things. However, for reasons unbeknownst to me, I am unable to access the service menu now. I don't understand what I am doing wrong
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2012, 01:54 PM   #4
e90pilot
Freight Dawg
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesun View Post
Sorry to be dumb about this, but when you say "Service info", which screen are you referring to? Are you talking about the "odometer-hold" screen that you reset other service stuff through? For whatever reason, I'm unable to get that to come up. I hold the odometer reset, the yellow triangle shows up and disappears, then nothing happens until the software version info comes up. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

I'm an engineer, and I feel retarded for not being able to figure this out

Thank you again!

EDIT: Before anyone posts it, I am aware of this thread that explains how to access the service menu...and I have read and re-read the instructions several times. I have even previously successfully reset the service intervals for other things. However, for reasons unbeknownst to me, I am unable to access the service menu now. I don't understand what I am doing wrong
I think BMW made this complicated even for their own engineers lol! The "sercive info" is not a hidden menu where you need to hold the odometer. Just scroll past "check control" and it will be there. However, you must be stationary. BMW thinks you shouldn't be looking at this menu while driving...
'06 Arctic Metallic 325i | Sport Package | 6MT | Dinan Stage III suspension | Dinan exhaust | 330i manifold swap! Click here! | Active Autowerke tune | 135i Brake Calipers | Deiselboost caliper brackets | E46 M3 front rotors
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2012, 01:55 PM   #5
Bluesun
sudo su -

Quote:
I think BMW made this complicated even for their own engineers lol! The "sercive info" is not a hidden menu where you need to hold the odometer. Just scroll past "check control" and it will be there. However, you must be stationary. BMW thinks you shouldn't be looking at this menu while driving...
I'm going to go try this now, and if it works...no homo, but I will want to give you a teary-eyed hug!
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2012, 02:03 PM   #6
Bluesun
sudo su -

Quote:
I found it! The "overdue" item is just a service (car on a lift icon). Any idea how I reset it? I tried holding the BC button (with the car on a lift icon showing), and the odometer button (why not?), but neither worked.

Thanks so much!

EDIT: Could this possibly mean that I need more than just a checkup? The only warning (yellow) light I have been getting is the damn rear tail light failure (CC-ID 136 I believe). When I go to "check control", though, nothing shows up except for CC-ID 41, which is the red triangle.

Last edited by Bluesun; 06-19-2012 at 02:20 PM.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2012, 03:56 PM   #7
e90pilot
Freight Dawg
United_States

Its a red triangle? Should be just a car on a lift (red with negative miles underneath if it's overdue). Take a pic. And BTW you can clear the "vehicle check" service item but using that link you posted.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2012, 04:03 PM   #8
Bluesun
sudo su -

Quote:
Its a red triangle? Should be just a car on a lift (red with negative miles underneath if it's overdue). Take a pic. And BTW you can clear the "vehicle check" service item but using that link you posted.
Yup, it's the large red triangle with an exclamation in the middle. If I go to "Check Control" and hold down the BC button while the red triangle is displayed, the code returned is "CC-ID 41".

Under "Service Info", the only thing overdue (-400 miles or something) is the car-on-a-lift icon, which I have been lead to believe is just a service checkup (not doing it, already did my maintenance and am doing more this weekend before installing my JB4/DCI).

I have tried accessing the "service menu" (hold odometer menu), but for whatever reason, once the yellow triangle disappears, nothing happens until the software info comes up. I've tried holding the odometer stalk until that happens, and I've tried letting it go after and while the yellow triangle appears...to no avail. As I said, I've accessed this menu before to reset the oil change interval, and I remember it popping up after holding the odometer reset past the yellow triangle. I am a bit puzzled as to why it is not working now. Any ideas? Am I just bad at following directions?

I really appreciate your help. If it will help, I will try to take a picture and/or video and post it here.

Thanks again .
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2012, 04:40 PM   #9
Bluesun
sudo su -

Alright, so I tried it again as I was leaving work, this time with the engine running, and it worked -_-. Makes no sense.

I have comfort access. I have tried it with the key in the dash, out of the dash, with the ignition in the accessory position, in the ON position, and while running. This time the car was running, held down the odometer, and the service menu came up.

Honestly I don't think I did anything different, but I must have. Sorry for taking up your time. Regardless, it's fixed now, w00t!

Thanks so much again . JB4 incoming!
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2013, 03:11 PM   #10
Youno
United_States

Drives: A sexy 335i named Zedd

I had the same issue and I followed the instructions on the thread you posted and it reset like a charm. Thanks mate
Appreciate 0