E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > Tint and plate ticket help (nassau)

02-07-2013, 07:32 PM   #1
Tarty Fruit
Banned

Drives: 335i

Tint and plate ticket help (nassau)

Back in July I got pulled over by nassau undercover in the HOV lane for tint and no plate and tint. He gave me two tint ticket and a front plate ticke and he also gave me fixit forms.

Had an official NY DMV inspection shop sign off the form and mailed it in the next day. Got a letter in September for a court date in October. (totally surprised) I call them up they say I have to appear in person WTF? First of all this north hills court is in nassau and 45 min away and second of all when I get these tickets here in Westchester I mail the form in and they get dismissed.

So I adjourned it and I got another court date today for March and it says no adjournments on the bottom. Aren't court dates allowed to be adjourned 3 times?

Another option the court clerk gave me was that the front plate ticket is no longer allowed to be dismissed....she suggested that I plead guilty for that and they will dismiss the window tint or if I want to try my luck in court I can come in and plead my case.

What do you guys think is going to happen. I had an official NY DMV shop sign off the fixit form within 24 hours, will I go there and they will dismiss it? Or will I have to pay some fees. How much is a front plate ticket in nassau? If its like $100 I rather pay that than travel all the way to Nassau and potentially end up paying more due to court fees.
      02-07-2013, 10:26 PM   #2
Tarty Fruit
Banned

Drives: 335i

anyone..... -___-

this forum used to have members who would have advice
      02-08-2013, 09:15 AM   #3
raskal83
Private

Drives: E70

If I were you, I would pay the fine. I have never gotten tint tickets in Nassau before, but I have in the city. For me it makes more sense to pay the fine, then sit in court for who knows how long and possibly get a higher fine (usually unlikely if you show though) and miss work.