E90Post

GetBMWParts

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > More Electrical Failure gremlins

02-09-2013, 08:24 PM   #1
Craigito
Captain

Drives: 07' E92 335i

More Electrical Failure gremlins

Some of you have read my previous posts about this. So i had gone almost a week with no warnings and the first time I had someone in the passenger seat it starts happening. This happened previously too. What might be the reason having a passenger (one in front and rear passenger) would trigger the elec failure warnings.

I have not taken it to a mechanic as i dont want to spend a boat load of money trying to track this issue down.

I thew a U112b code a while back which is some kind of DSC issue

Im at 118k miles now

Cheers

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=226259 (Stolen Car Thread ) http://craigsbmw-eurodelivery.blogspot.com (ED Trip)
      02-09-2013, 09:05 PM   #2
jzxi
Enlisted Member

Drives: 2007 328xi

A main wiring harness runs along the passnger side floor next to the door jam. From battery to fuse/relay box. Usually when the fuse box/battery cable connection has high resistance you will get a dies while driving or no start condition. It is not out of the realm of possibilities that your vehicle has a voltage drop sufficient to keep running, but freak out multiple control modules, as you experienced in your other posts. Parts are around $200.

cheers
jz
Sparkling graphite, Cold, Premium, Sport, 6MT, 35% tint, Eibach pro, 17" 159's with studded Gislaved winters. 18" AG 310 with Michelin PSS summer. Magnaflow cat-back and charcoal filter delete. Led angel eyes coded for DRL.
      02-09-2013, 09:21 PM   #3
Craigito
Captain

Drives: 07' E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzxi
A main wiring harness runs along the passnger side floor next to the door jam. From battery to fuse/relay box. Usually when the fuse box/battery cable connection has high resistance you will get a dies while driving or no start condition. It is not out of the realm of possibilities that your vehicle has a voltage drop sufficient to keep running, but freak out multiple control modules, as you experienced in your other posts. Parts are around $200.

cheers
jz
Interesting. Thanks for the input.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=226259 (Stolen Car Thread ) http://craigsbmw-eurodelivery.blogspot.com (ED Trip)
      02-10-2013, 10:28 PM   #4
skeetx3

Drives: e92 328i

Just got rid of my electrical gremlins, turned out to be a bad alternator. Funny thing is was that it was just replaced no more than 1 year 3 months ago thankfully it was still covered under warranty so it was replaced for free. I had my dash light up like a Xmas tree when I had the issues. Brake light would flash red and yellow, DSC lights on and off, speedometer would cut in and out, abs light, even interior lights when turned on would cut out, all of this would happen randomly out of nowhere too.
skeetx3 is offline   Philippines