E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Devils Own SS Dual line upgraded review/pics

02-04-2013, 04:14 PM   #23
robc1976
DIYER
Rep

Drives: E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wedge1967 View Post
I was working on a friends N55 doing some tuning and we had an issue with lag on the meth pump as well as the PROcede rebooting. Ended up putting capacitors on the power lines, one on the PROCede and one on the pump. Fixed the power surge on the pump and also fixed the PROCede reboot issue. N55/PROcede has a shit connection for power. They put a spade off the first fuse in the panel and voltage fluctuates so much it was causing the PROCede to just randomly reboot. Anyway, he's now running 50% e85 and 100% meth with a boost target of 20 psi and it's stupid quick. AWD car so the launch is neck breaking if his clutch holds... He's pissed at me now because he's blowing through his clutch and needs to upgrade. So just food for thought, putting a cap on the power line for the pump is only a few $ and a few minutes to eliminate any voltage drops. Also, did you run an override to purge the meth lines? My Rev 3 has it built in and rather than having a boost control switch, the PROCede controls the switch, so at 3k rpm, I can hold my volume control down and it will trigger meth to purge the lines. Nice race day option as you roll up to the start line, rev the engine and purge the lines so you know you don't have any glitches when you launch.

mine had huge air pockets in the lines....it was a big as mess lol!! Got home and literally threw the tank on the ground lol!!
JB4 G5, WEDGE flash, 455 LPFP, HFS-4 meth kit, BMS OCC, Motiv 750 ST, RB valve, BMS DCI, 3" AR Dps, Custom OC W/ SS lines, ER FMIC, ER CP W/HKS BOV, M3 control arms, M3 guide rods, M3 upper links, M3 front & rear sway-bars, HPA rear toe arms, Wavetrac LSD, HPF Gen 2 exhaust DEFIV kit, KW clubsport, Delrin solid subframe bushings, stoptech rotors, Rogue Tranny Mounts, 1M bumper, M3 CF hood, MORR VS8.2 rims 245/295
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 04:15 PM   #24
robc1976
DIYER
Rep

Drives: E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. G View Post
Haha nice, quick thinking!

I'm also anxious to see a dyno, I've been hoping for one for a while secretly now haha.
You will get one, having a shop do the Wavetrac, bushings, lockdown differential. Then on to the Dyno!
JB4 G5, WEDGE flash, 455 LPFP, HFS-4 meth kit, BMS OCC, Motiv 750 ST, RB valve, BMS DCI, 3" AR Dps, Custom OC W/ SS lines, ER FMIC, ER CP W/HKS BOV, M3 control arms, M3 guide rods, M3 upper links, M3 front & rear sway-bars, HPA rear toe arms, Wavetrac LSD, HPF Gen 2 exhaust DEFIV kit, KW clubsport, Delrin solid subframe bushings, stoptech rotors, Rogue Tranny Mounts, 1M bumper, M3 CF hood, MORR VS8.2 rims 245/295
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 04:28 PM   #25
Sparky68
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: e90 335i JB4

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
that looks very neat and tidy, great write up too.

LM Reps - Borla Exhaust - Active Autowerks Chargepipe and Blow Off - JB4 G5 ISO - Burger Tuning Intake - Koni Street Shocks - Apex Springs - Whiteline Bushes - M3 rear Arms
Appreciate 0