E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Phone book access on idrive business ed

02-02-2013, 10:09 AM   #1
simm31
Private

Drives: BMW 320d MSport Auto

Phone book access on idrive business ed

Ive searched everywhere and found a lot good info reGetting the phone book entries on the idrive but I'm not having any joy.

I can get Bt working for calls but no contacts displayed.

I have spec e90 lci 2009 with business idrive, nav, bluetooth I'm using a Samsung galaxy s 2 running droid v4.1.1 (latest)

I can paid, make and receive calls perfectly.

How do I get contacts on the idrive screen?

I've stopped Bluetooth services phab. And it asks for phone book access which I allow it.

Still no contacts. I have 1800+ contacts from a mix of exchange, LinkedIn, sales force etc and each contact has more than one number etc.

Not all contacts are assigned to My Contacts.

What is the issue and how do I solve it?

Cheers
      02-03-2013, 07:03 PM   #2
IanS100
Colonel

Drives: 320d LCI M Sport Plus

I'm using an SGS3 on an LCI with Business Nav without issue, although I only have about 350 contacts. When I had an HTC Desire I found multiple numbers & in particular contact 'notes' caused me big problems, but mainly with dropped BT connection, but the SGS3 resolved all the problems.
IanS100 is offline   United Kingdom
      02-08-2013, 03:41 PM   #3
simm31
Private

Drives: BMW 320d MSport Auto

Fixed

So after wading through the overwhelmin replies on here (hohoho) I finally solved the issue.

So I have a July 2009 e90 lci with business nav, voice command and Bluetooth.

I have a Samsung galaxy s2 running android 4.1.1

The problem was that the phone would pair but no address list visible in the car. I today solved this by merging all my contacts in to one group on the phone.

Basically I've got all my contacts under my Exchange Account and stopped my LinkedIn, gmail and SIM contacts being present - it is not good enough to leave them there it won't work you can only have one account sync'ing contacts, well IMO and it works for me.

Now all my contact appear in the car screen including contacts with multiple numbers.

I hope this helps someone else! it's taken me a month to fix.

Cheers
      06-06-2013, 11:53 AM   #4
Philly325i

Drives: 2011 328i

Thanks, I have had the same problem the past 3 weeks on my HTC One. I had all my Phone book contacts displaying when I first set up the phone. I then got a larger memory card & merged to contact files. No more contacts in my phonebook since. I will combine the files today & give an update. Hope it works.