E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Charge pipe/ TIAL BOV causing 30FF.

08-20-2017, 09:08 PM   #1
jeddo45
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Charge pipe/ TIAL BOV causing 30FF.

Hi guys. Bear with me on this post. It's going to be quite lengthy but I need some help from people who have upgraded their charge pipe and paired it with a TIAL BOV.

I installed an ARM charge pipe/TIAL BOV for my N54 335i. (Link: http://www.armmotorsports.com/N54-Ch...p/cp-t-335.htm)

Since then I have consistently gotten a 30FF ON 3RD GEAR AT 5K RPMs. 1st and 2nd gear pulls are fine all the way up to the redline. The first thing I checked was my intercooler connections. Everything is connected so I'm convinced that my install is wrong somewhere. I am going to give everything I did with the installation and maybe this will shed light on where my potential problem is.

1. I put the MAF (cleaned it in the process)from the old charge pipe to the new one and screwed it with the same screws. (Gasket was still good.)
2. Placed a supplied gasket in the charge pipe on the throttle body side.
3. Assembled the BOV by putting it right on the charge pipe and securing it down with the supplied clamp. (No gasket here. One WAS NOT provided)
4. Connected the charge pipe to the throttle body with the old C Clamp.
5. Connected the charge pipe to the intercooler with the provided silicone elbow and secured it down ( NO GASKET HERE EITHER. ONE WAS NOT PROVIDED)
6. Installed the banjo screw on the top of the BOV. I did my best to line up the holes from the banjo screw and the vacuum line. I connected the vacuum line to the BOV with a fresh silicone line (Link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B009P...?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

7. Capped the old diverter valve with supplied caps. They only supplied one clamp so I had to use another one I happened to have.

8. Double checked everything to make sure everything was tightened down.
9. Reinstalled airbox, resecured hoses, and reinstalled the duct.

I have already contacted the manufacturer about possibly missing something and am awaiting their response. If I am missing a gasket, it's because it never made it in my shipment but I really need to figure this out ASAP.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2017, 10:19 PM   #2
GotPwned
Private
Rep

Check the vacuum hose at the nipple in the intake manifold.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2017, 11:18 PM   #3
jeddo45
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotPwned View Post
Check the vacuum hose at the nipple in the intake manifold.
Checked it. It's in as far as it could go.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2017, 04:40 PM   #4
jeddo45
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

UPDATE:

So ARM sent me a new gasket and I installed it. I took the whole assembly apart to make sure I tighten everything down correctly however upon installation I am still getting a 30FF. I wasn't getting it before the chargepipe so I'm starting by diagnosing the chargepipe first then everything else.

Is there a chance that the intercooler has weak plastic hoses like the factory chargepipe that could have been blown?
Appreciate 0