E90Post
 


Lux Angel Eyes
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Lease is ending



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-04-2013, 07:32 PM   #1
Overspooled
MurderedOut
Canada
3

 
Overspooled's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 c63 AMG Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Montreal


Posts: 338
iTrader: (0)

Lease is ending

Hey everyone, alright so my lease is ending in may, I have the choice to either finance it or to lease another car. Would it be a bad move to switch from my n54 to an n55 ? It would be a new car which is cool but would I be missing out a lot on the performance side? I have jb4, intakes and a muffler delete. I like the exhaust tone on the n55 and the new lci's. Any opinions on that ?
__________________
2013 C63 AMG COUPE
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 08:05 PM   #2
Matts435coupe
Major
United_States
27

 
Drives: 2014 BMW 435i Coupe Msport 6MT
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida


Posts: 1,181
iTrader: (1)

Just got a 335is. New car, LCI, N54. Problem solved.
__________________
2013 BMW 335is Coupe AW/CR 6MT
2012 BMW 335 coupe ( Sold)
2012 Audi S5 coupe( Sold)
2010 BMW 335i coupe( Sold)
2009 BMW 335i coupe ( Sold)
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 08:25 PM   #3
Overspooled
MurderedOut
Canada
3

 
Overspooled's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 c63 AMG Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Montreal


Posts: 338
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matts335coupe View Post
Just got a 335is. New car, LCI, N54. Problem solved.
Sorry I didn't mention that I need xdrive, so the is would be out of the list.
__________________
2013 C63 AMG COUPE
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 08:52 PM   #4
Higgs1
Lieutenant
United_States
11

 
Higgs1's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 330i
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Boston, MA


Posts: 423
iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2006 330i  [5.00]
Send a message via AIM to Higgs1
You guys get good lease rates? I'm thinking of moving on from my 06 330i and thinking about leasing a new 335, as I'm interested in possibly changing my car every 3-4 years.
__________________
06 E90 330i
Alpine White | Terra Dakota Leather | Carbon Fiber Trim | ZSP | ZPP | ZCW | Navi | PDC
Sirius Radio | Xenon | GP Thunder 7500k Fogs | Lux 5.0 Angel Eyes | 18% Tint | Blacklines
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 08:59 PM   #5
Overspooled
MurderedOut
Canada
3

 
Overspooled's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 c63 AMG Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Montreal


Posts: 338
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgs1 View Post
You guys get good lease rates? I'm thinking of moving on from my 06 330i and thinking about leasing a new 335, as I'm interested in possibly changing my car every 3-4 years.
5.9% or 6.9% maybe , not too sure, I pay quite a lot for the lease. But i'd have to look back at the papers to see what the rate was when I leased it.
__________________
2013 C63 AMG COUPE
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 09:09 PM   #6
Higgs1
Lieutenant
United_States
11

 
Higgs1's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 330i
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Boston, MA


Posts: 423
iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2006 330i  [5.00]
Send a message via AIM to Higgs1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurderedBeemer View Post
5.9% or 6.9% maybe , not too sure, I pay quite a lot for the lease. But i'd have to look back at the papers to see what the rate was when I leased it.
I just meant monthly payment wise (and how much you ended up putting down)

I'm seeing all the info on the bmw site as like $369 with like 4k down, but I'd want it fully loaded, so I'm assuming it'll be quite a bit more
__________________
06 E90 330i
Alpine White | Terra Dakota Leather | Carbon Fiber Trim | ZSP | ZPP | ZCW | Navi | PDC
Sirius Radio | Xenon | GP Thunder 7500k Fogs | Lux 5.0 Angel Eyes | 18% Tint | Blacklines
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 09:20 PM   #7
Overspooled
MurderedOut
Canada
3

 
Overspooled's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 c63 AMG Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Montreal


Posts: 338
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgs1 View Post
I just meant monthly payment wise (and how much you ended up putting down)

I'm seeing all the info on the bmw site as like $369 with like 4k down, but I'd want it fully loaded, so I'm assuming it'll be quite a bit more
Sorry, miss understood. I pay 1,150$/month with 0$ down for 39 months. Never have put money down on a lease. I'm wondering how much it is in the states for a lease 0$ down for 39 months!!! I see some prices on cars are very low on ebay.. why is that? I know its financing but the purchase tags are so low!!
__________________
2013 C63 AMG COUPE
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 09:25 PM   #8
threethirtyfive
Banned
2

 
Drives: '07 E90 335, '04 R32
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Austin, TX


Posts: 157
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Why don't you just buy? You are paying almost $50k in 39 months to have nothing. $1150 a month? Hell I could have bought a 911. What was the MSRP on your car? Sorry that lease number is HUGE for that car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurderedBeemer View Post
Sorry, miss understood. I pay 1,150$/month with 0$ down for 39 months. Never have put money down on a lease. I'm wondering how much it is in the states for a lease 0$ down for 39 months!!! I see some prices on cars are very low on ebay.. why is that? I know its financing but the purchase tags are so low!!
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 09:30 PM   #9
Overspooled
MurderedOut
Canada
3

 
Overspooled's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 c63 AMG Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Montreal


Posts: 338
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by threethirtyfive View Post
Why don't you just buy? You are paying almost $50k in 39 months to have nothing. $1150 a month? Hell I could have bought a 911. What was the MSRP on your car? Sorry that lease number is HUGE for that car.
I know, I always say that but at the end, I don't need to worry about warranty and selling the car. I'll probably get bashed for saying that though haha! I was thinking of buying it, although I don't know if it'll look outdated in 2 years or so.. I don't have any papers in front of me so i'm not sure what the msrp was. Total price was about 61,000 or so if I remember. I was looking at c63's lately and saw the lease was around the same price, but they don't include taxes on their online site.. I should go see the mb dealership though
__________________
2013 C63 AMG COUPE
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 09:51 PM   #10
kihun
Captain
United_States
18

 
Drives: 2007 E92
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Virginia


Posts: 975
iTrader: (7)

wow.. 11xx for lease? jesus you must be balling or love the bmw =D
__________________
e92
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 09:55 PM   #11
Overspooled
MurderedOut
Canada
3

 
Overspooled's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 c63 AMG Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Montreal


Posts: 338
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kihun View Post
wow.. 11xx for lease? jesus you must be balling or love the bmw =D
Lmao I wonder why its considered so high for you guys in the states!!! Anyone in Canada have any comments about the lease payment??
__________________
2013 C63 AMG COUPE
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 10:00 PM   #12
Sethism
Private First Class
1

 
Sethism's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 328i Xdrive Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: St Louis


Posts: 123
iTrader: (0)

I pay less than $1,100 for my house. I pay $312 a month for my BMW. If I bought new ($46,500 sticker), I would pay $803 per month with 0 down and 60 months. I think you've been had.
__________________
http://i1069.photobucket.com/albums/u474/sethdude1/Sig_zpsadfce59b.jpg
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 10:05 PM   #13
Overspooled
MurderedOut
Canada
3

 
Overspooled's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 c63 AMG Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Montreal


Posts: 338
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethism View Post
I pay less than $1,100 for my house. I pay $312 a month for my BMW. If I bought new ($46,500 sticker), I would pay $803 per month with 0 down and 60 months. I think you've been had.
803$/month 0 down for 60 months.. that makes sense. Mine was new and its a 39 month lease. for 60 months obviously the lease is going to be a lot lower!
__________________
2013 C63 AMG COUPE
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 10:43 PM   #14
drevil2k2
First Lieutenant
Canada
3

 
drevil2k2's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 B8.5 S4
Join Date: May 2012
Location: GTA


Posts: 396
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurderedBeemer View Post
Lmao I wonder why its considered so high for you guys in the states!!! Anyone in Canada have any comments about the lease payment??
In Canada, I found that the lease rates for Audi, BMW and Mercedes ranged from 4.9 to 7.9%. The odd special at 2.9 to 3.9%

Previously, I re-leased my Audi for another 3 years with extended warranty. At the end of that lease, I was happy to return that A4. Wouldn't do that again, I was getting bored with the acceptable mods, higher cost of maintenance/repairs, and the car looked dated in my opinion.

I was lucky to score 1.9% finance on my current BMW and decided to finance vs. lease...this time.

Hopefully your next vehicle will have a good rate; BMW might offer you a slight % discount as part of their loyalty program (nothing spectacular).
__________________
Organized crime is alive and well: It's called auto insurance
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 11:29 PM   #15
zsupreme
Knowledge Reigns Supreme
United_States
1

 
Drives: 2007 328i
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA


Posts: 65
iTrader: (0)

i think my buddy put 2k down and is paying 500 a month fo a 2012 335i sport package w/19s

Last edited by zsupreme; 02-04-2013 at 11:35 PM.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 07:21 AM   #16
Sethism
Private First Class
1

 
Sethism's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 328i Xdrive Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: St Louis


Posts: 123
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurderedBeemer View Post
803$/month 0 down for 60 months.. that makes sense. Mine was new and its a 39 month lease. for 60 months obviously the lease is going to be a lot lower!
Yeah, but you realize that if the car is purchased rather than leased, all the equity goes towards the next car. Also realizing that BMWs depreciate about 50% in the first four years, more in the first two than the second, and a very sound argument is made to purchase a CPO car over leasing a new one.

I also trade-in my car every three years or so, but purchase rather than lease. My equity is almost always $4k-6k, which serves as a down payment on the new car. I also have learned to let someone else take the big depreciation hit, and only buy extremely clean, completely documented one-owner cars.
__________________
http://i1069.photobucket.com/albums/u474/sethdude1/Sig_zpsadfce59b.jpg
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 08:23 AM   #17
fireline43
Lieutenant
8

 
Drives: 2013 Mercedes C250
Join Date: May 2012
Location: South Florida


Posts: 497
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethism View Post
Yeah, but you realize that if the car is purchased rather than leased, all the equity goes towards the next car. Also realizing that BMWs depreciate about 50% in the first four years, more in the first two than the second, and a very sound argument is made to purchase a CPO car over leasing a new one.

I also trade-in my car every three years or so, but purchase rather than lease. My equity is almost always $4k-6k, which serves as a down payment on the new car. I also have learned to let someone else take the big depreciation hit, and only buy extremely clean, completely documented one-owner cars.
Yep, i agree this is the way to go with BMW. My 2009 335i was 50k new, and It's worth like 22k now. You buy the off lease bmw, and keep it for the same 3-4 years and you come out with alot less of a lose.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 09:18 AM   #18
Jaime_E90
Captain
United_States
14

 
Drives: '06 325xi '08 328xi '13 328xi
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New Jersey


Posts: 993
iTrader: (37)

Garage List
1991 BMW 325ci  [0.00]
2006 BMW 325xi  [0.00]
2011 BMW 335xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kihun View Post
wow.. 11xx for lease? jesus you must be balling or love the bmw =D
Could've been driving 650's/750's for that kind of money. Damn!
__________________
2006 E90 325xi/Barrique Red/Beige Leather/OEM Style 193-M's/BMW Performance Black Kidney Grilles/E90 LCI Headlights/CF Trim Wrap/Fujita Cold Air Intake/Dinan Cat-Back Exhaust/RS Technik 15MM. Rear Spacers/OEM Blackline Tailights/OEM M3 Steering Wheel/Steering Wheel Button Delete/BMW Performance Shifter/BMW Performance E-brake/Euro-Light Switch.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 09:20 AM   #19
335BBS
Brigadier General
Canada
42

 
Drives: 2009 335 coupe.
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario


Posts: 3,607
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgs1 View Post
I just meant monthly payment wise (and how much you ended up putting down)

I'm seeing all the info on the bmw site as like $369 with like 4k down, but I'd want it fully loaded, so I'm assuming it'll be quite a bit more
We get BONED up here on lease or buy compared to the US. My 335 e92 was $850 48 months very little down (don't remember) down. $60,000 car with about $7000 discount.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 09:40 AM   #20
Overspooled
MurderedOut
Canada
3

 
Overspooled's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 c63 AMG Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Montreal


Posts: 338
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335BBS View Post
We get BONED up here on lease or buy compared to the US. My 335 e92 was $850 48 months very little down (don't remember) down. $60,000 car with about $7000 discount.
Yup, that's how it is here. I know a lot of people who put money down to lower their monthly payments but I never understood why? Is it because of bad credit?
__________________
2013 C63 AMG COUPE
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 09:59 AM   #21
DASHOCKER
The power of V!
Germany
33

 
DASHOCKER's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 335i coupe steptronic
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NYC


Posts: 1,867
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
1998 Lexus Gs400  [0.00]
2010 ebony & ivory  [0.00]
2006 BMW X3  [0.00]
2009 pics  [0.00]
2009 e92 335 xdrive  [0.00]
Send a message via Yahoo to DASHOCKER
buy the car out!
__________________
2007 335 coupe Alpine white, steptronic, sportpack, etc. (gone)
2006 X3 3.0 steptronic Titanium Silver, 2009 E92 335xdrive, next.... Caddy CTS_V! 13 Lincoln MKZ? hmmm.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 09:59 AM   #22
DASHOCKER
The power of V!
Germany
33

 
DASHOCKER's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 335i coupe steptronic
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NYC


Posts: 1,867
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
1998 Lexus Gs400  [0.00]
2010 ebony & ivory  [0.00]
2006 BMW X3  [0.00]
2009 pics  [0.00]
2009 e92 335 xdrive  [0.00]
Send a message via Yahoo to DASHOCKER
buy the car out!
__________________
2007 335 coupe Alpine white, steptronic, sportpack, etc. (gone)
2006 X3 3.0 steptronic Titanium Silver, 2009 E92 335xdrive, next.... Caddy CTS_V! 13 Lincoln MKZ? hmmm.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:47 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST