E90Post

Bimmer Retrofit

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Eisenmann Sport / Race

03-31-2013, 04:44 PM   #1
Rik-330
Rep

Drives: 330i M Sport

Eisenmann Sport / Race

Hello all

I have searched through this forum and many other forums at length, trawled through youtube listening to sound clips, but still can't decide exactly which exhaust to commit to, so please don't flame me for asking this age old question.

I have an E90 330 and am looking for an exhaust to give my car a deeper and louder tone, but not anything 'too' loud. My friend has a PE on his E93 (rear section/muffler only) and it is too quiet. It sounds pretty much stock until high in the rev range at which point I will admit it sounds excellent, but I am looking for something that gives a great sound throughout the rev range and not just at the upper end.

I will only be getting a rear section/muffler, and think that my search has led me to Eisenmann, but I am at a loss on whether to go for Sport or Race. It is impossible to tell from youtube clips if the exhaust in the clip is a rear section only or if there is other aftermarket pipework as well so it is hard to judge sound levels based on these clips, so I am finding it very hard to pull the trigger and pick the Sport or Race back box.

So ... I am looking for opinions on the sound difference between an Eisenmann Sport and Race, when it is only the rear section/muffler. I am very apprehensive about spending a lot of money on the Sport exhaust to find out it is too quiet, but likewise on the Race exhaust to find it too loud .

There are no Eisenmann suppliers here in Northern Ireland for me to go and speak to, so any serious help and opinions I can get from you guys would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Rik
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2013, 04:56 PM   #2
Route 16
I got lei'd
Philippines
Rep

Drives: '07 E90 328i

You would need to find the old eisenmann mufflers made from about 5 or 6 years ago. The new ones now have been toned down. Old mufflers were race = race, sport = sport, now it's race = sport, sport = less than sport
I have the old eisenmann muffler and sr pipes. Search my thread there are 3 different exhaust set ups I had. I'd post them here but too slow to do that on my phone. The sound is pretty close.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2013, 05:08 PM   #3
Rik-330
Rep

So based on that I should be looking at a new Race muffler in your opinion, as a Sport muffler on it's own is going to be pretty quiet ??
Also, what are the sr pipes?
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2013, 06:32 PM   #4
Rik-330
Rep

Route 16 - I found the vids of your full Eisenmann race system. Sounded incredible. Is the full system much louder than just getting the race muffler?

I was hoping that someone could give me a comparison of the Eisenmann race muffler compared to the sport muffler, but I suppose that is asking a bit much as I doubt anyone has had both to do a direct comparison.

Can anyone do a comparison for me on how much louder the race muffler is v's stock (with no other engine/exhaust mods)?

Sooooo confused on whether to go race or sport
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2013, 06:35 PM   #5
///M3NACE
Banned
Rep

Drives: E36 M3, E36 Vert , E90 N52

Rouge Engineering Ikon Exhaust. / Thread.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2013, 03:16 AM   #6
WAVESBSM
Rep

Drives: 2008 328i coupe

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik-330 View Post
Route 16 - I found the vids of your full Eisenmann race system. Sounded incredible. Is the full system much louder than just getting the race muffler?

I was hoping that someone could give me a comparison of the Eisenmann race muffler compared to the sport muffler, but I suppose that is asking a bit much as I doubt anyone has had both to do a direct comparison.

Can anyone do a comparison for me on how much louder the race muffler is v's stock (with no other engine/exhaust mods)?

Sooooo confused on whether to go race or sport
I have a 2008 328i coupe and I have the eisenmann race with cat back exhaust installed. I can take a sound clip if that would help you.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2013, 05:43 PM   #7
Rik-330
Rep

Yes, a sound clip would help a lot.
How would you describe the sound level and tone of the exhaust? 10 or 15 years ago I wouldn't even be thinking about this and it would be straight for the race system, but I'm thinking the sport system might be enough for me now ... as long as there will be enough of a difference over the stock exhaust the justify the cost of it.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2013, 05:45 PM   #8
andrey_gta
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Drives: 130i coupé ;)

Garage List
2008 BMW 128i  [0.00]
Milltek exhaust may have something for 330i

"The 1-series is the last car that BMW engineered before the Germans, as a car-making culture, fell out of love with driving." - R&T 2013 135is
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2013, 06:08 PM   #9
Rik-330
Rep

No, Milltek don't have anything for the 330.
Appreciate 0