E90Post
 


TireRack
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > 335i is gone



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-08-2013, 02:08 AM   #45
mryakanisachoad
Lieutenant
mryakanisachoad's Avatar
13
Rep
527
Posts

 
Drives: '13 550xi + '09 M5 + '10 135i
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Brooklyn, NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CUTigers View Post
I wanted an '11, but would have had to pay $10,000 more for a '11 with similar miles just for the LSD.
I think you made the right decision.

Would be nice if I had the choice to drive an IS-F but NYC streets don't allow it.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2013, 08:43 AM   #46
Njprince0226
Lieutenant
Njprince0226's Avatar
8
Rep
563
Posts

 
Drives: E90
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mryakanisachoad View Post
No he wouldn't have.

OP himself said he could have but he just pulled the trigger anyway. I'm not quite sure where you plan on going with that statement.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2013, 03:33 PM   #47
r3dbimmer89
The Coolest
r3dbimmer89's Avatar
United_States
9
Rep
831
Posts

 
Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CUTigers View Post
I wanted an M3 bad but I just got kinda scared off from BMW with all the problems. I hope to be back.
M3s are actually a hell of a lot more reliable than a 335i.

N54 = Monthly dealership visits after 50k miles.
__________________
Past:12 E92 335i/ 08 E90 335i/02 E46 325i
Present:15 F80 ///M3
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2013, 03:55 PM   #48
fireline43
Lieutenant
9
Rep
497
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 Mercedes C250
Join Date: May 2012
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (0)

These thread's are littering the general forum now, it would be smart for bmw to make an incentive for n54 335i owners to trade in and get a good deal on a new bmw. Like I statement saying we screwed up, but we don't want you to hate bmw.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2013, 04:42 PM   #49
335BBS
Brigadier General
Canada
42
Rep
3,607
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 335 coupe.
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbryce View Post
if there's one car company I hate more than Audi, it's Lexus.

poor choice, sir. poor choice.
Reason?
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2013, 04:46 PM   #50
335BBS
Brigadier General
Canada
42
Rep
3,607
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 335 coupe.
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Njprince0226 View Post
Woah shouldve sold your car privately first before getting the ISF or whatever car you wanted. You would've gotten atleast 3-5k more if you did. Sick car though
These things arent worth much. I tried for 12 months to get a reasonable offer on mine. Ended up giving it away for $22,000.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2013, 04:48 PM   #51
335BBS
Brigadier General
Canada
42
Rep
3,607
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 335 coupe.
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CUTigers View Post
Say what you want, but my 335i had a redic crazy long list of stuff that broke and was fixed under warranty. It amounted to over $7,000 in repairs if I had to pay for it. I got tired of living in the BMW service Dept every month and a half for 2.5 years.
Same here. i bailed too.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2013, 04:54 PM   #52
osteopathXI
Private First Class
United_States
1
Rep
177
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 BMW 328xi Coupe E92
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Rhode Island

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CUTigers
Nope, I meant 4,800

Came from my 08 with 56,500 to a 08 with 4,800 lol. Stoked
4,800 in 5 years? Was all maintenance still performed? When I looked for my BMW I found a 2007 with 12,000 but carfax showed no oil changes. Now with free maintenance, the owner should have at the very least taken it to the dealer for a complimentary oil change which would have been listed on carfax (as they all are). Found this interesting so I verified it with the dealer (seller sent me the VIN).
Decided to not buy it because of that.

Back to you... car sounds like a great find but if the oil hasn't been changed in 5 years, or other routine maintenance has not performed given the car's age (regardless of the mileage),that's car abuse and definitely a red flag IMO :
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2013, 05:01 PM   #53
rich123321
Captain
rich123321's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
795
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 325i E90
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2006 BMW E90  [4.17]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mryakanisachoad View Post
No you wouldn't have.
You should open up a fortune telling business
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2013, 06:59 PM   #54
electro-house
Lieutenant
electro-house's Avatar
10
Rep
512
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335i coupe
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Phoenix

iTrader: (0)

IS-f is a real badass car, nice find with those low miles, hope you have better luck on repair frequency with the lexus.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2013, 12:04 AM   #55
CUTigers
Captain
CUTigers's Avatar
United_States
10
Rep
859
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 Montego Blue 335i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Atlanta/Lawrenceville

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 Lexus IS F  [5.00]
2008 e90 335i  [4.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by osteopathXI
Quote:
Originally Posted by CUTigers
Nope, I meant 4,800

Came from my 08 with 56,500 to a 08 with 4,800 lol. Stoked
4,800 in 5 years? Was all maintenance still performed? When I looked for my BMW I found a 2007 with 12,000 but carfax showed no oil changes. Now with free maintenance, the owner should have at the very least taken it to the dealer for a complimentary oil change which would have been listed on carfax (as they all are). Found this interesting so I verified it with the dealer (seller sent me the VIN).
Decided to not buy it because of that.

Back to you... car sounds like a great find but if the oil hasn't been changed in 5 years, or other routine maintenance has not performed given the car's age (regardless of the mileage),that's car abuse and definitely a red flag IMO :
Surprising yes. Even though the car wasnt hitting the mileage marks,It didnt even hit the 5000 mile service, the car was serviced at a Lexus dealer every 6 months. Oil and key fob battery changes and other stuff even though it was hardly used.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2013, 12:08 AM   #56
CUTigers
Captain
CUTigers's Avatar
United_States
10
Rep
859
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 Montego Blue 335i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Atlanta/Lawrenceville

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 Lexus IS F  [5.00]
2008 e90 335i  [4.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by electro-house
IS-f is a real badass car, nice find with those low miles, hope you have better luck on repair frequency with the lexus.
Thanks man! I just got some 20% 3M Color Stable tint all the way around today. Going back to get the windshield tinted with 70% 3M Crystalline heat and uv rejection.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2013, 12:12 AM   #57
CUTigers
Captain
CUTigers's Avatar
United_States
10
Rep
859
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 Montego Blue 335i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Atlanta/Lawrenceville

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 Lexus IS F  [5.00]
2008 e90 335i  [4.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by r3dbimmer89
Quote:
Originally Posted by CUTigers View Post
I wanted an M3 bad but I just got kinda scared off from BMW with all the problems. I hope to be back.
M3s are actually a hell of a lot more reliable than a 335i.

N54 = Monthly dealership visits after 50k miles.
I hear the M3s are better, but the 335 was my first BMW, drove it from 20,000 miles all the way to 56,000 miles when I traded it in. Just really drove me away with all the problems. Sucks, cuz I love BMWs.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2013, 12:42 AM   #58
mryakanisachoad
Lieutenant
mryakanisachoad's Avatar
13
Rep
527
Posts

 
Drives: '13 550xi + '09 M5 + '10 135i
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Brooklyn, NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Njprince0226 View Post
OP himself said he could have but he just pulled the trigger anyway. I'm not quite sure where you plan on going with that statement.
A 2008 335i with low miles isn't worth anywhere near 27,000.

But, if you're willing to pay 27k I can get you like 10 of them by Tuesday. :-) !
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2013, 12:45 AM   #59
DASHOCKER
The power of V!
DASHOCKER's Avatar
Germany
34
Rep
1,870
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 335i coupe steptronic
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
1998 Lexus Gs400  [0.00]
2010 ebony & ivory  [0.00]
2006 BMW X3  [0.00]
2009 pics  [0.00]
2009 e92 335 xdrive  [0.00]
Send a message via Yahoo to DASHOCKER
It looks like that lexus is @ BMW dealer. Did the original owner trade the is-f in for a bmw? odd
__________________
2007 335 coupe Alpine white, steptronic, sportpack, etc. (gone)
2006 X3 3.0 steptronic Titanium Silver, 2009 E92 335xdrive, next.... Caddy CTS_V! 13 Lincoln MKZ? hmmm.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2013, 01:19 AM   #60
Kayani_1
Lieutenant Colonel
Kayani_1's Avatar
United_States
25
Rep
1,602
Posts

 
Drives: BMW E92/E60
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Houston

iTrader: (1)

congrats. It is a nice upgrade from stock 335i.

On the same time it is better you then me. I can buy a lexus for the wifey but never for myself unless it is was LF-A supercar. Since I have no plans of going broke financially to afford LF-A. I guess ill stick to BMW's.

I hope you do not suffer buyers remorse of not getting M3.
__________________
nick named "BAD 3"COBB tune, RennArt catback non-resonated exhaust, VRSF Downpipes, SSQV BOV and ECS chargepipe, M-sport steering (racing alcantara & retrofit M3 paddle shifters.), Alpina B3 transmission flash, AFE powered sealed CAI, LED angels, M3 upper and lower front control arms, E93 M3 Front Swaybar, 235/35/19x9 front & 275/30/19x9.5 rear. When in doubt...flat out
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2013, 06:53 AM   #61
CUTigers
Captain
CUTigers's Avatar
United_States
10
Rep
859
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 Montego Blue 335i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Atlanta/Lawrenceville

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 Lexus IS F  [5.00]
2008 e90 335i  [4.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DASHOCKER View Post
It looks like that lexus is @ BMW dealer. Did the original owner trade the is-f in for a bmw? odd
Ya, I bought it from a local BMW dealer. The old dude and his lady just buy performance cars from different makes and drive them while in town. They live in a diff state.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2013, 06:54 AM   #62
CUTigers
Captain
CUTigers's Avatar
United_States
10
Rep
859
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 Montego Blue 335i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Atlanta/Lawrenceville

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 Lexus IS F  [5.00]
2008 e90 335i  [4.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayani_1 View Post
congrats. It is a nice upgrade from stock 335i.

On the same time it is better you then me. I can buy a lexus for the wifey but never for myself unless it is was LF-A supercar. Since I have no plans of going broke financially to afford LF-A. I guess ill stick to BMW's.

I hope you do not suffer buyers remorse of not getting M3.
Havent had enough seat time in a M3, so I guess I wont know what Im missing lol
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2013, 09:20 AM   #63
Njprince0226
Lieutenant
Njprince0226's Avatar
8
Rep
563
Posts

 
Drives: E90
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mryakanisachoad View Post
A 2008 335i with low miles isn't worth anywhere near 27,000.

But, if you're willing to pay 27k I can get you like 10 of them by Tuesday. :-) !
Quote:
Originally Posted by CUTigers View Post
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=797345
^^ my car

ISF was low 40s for the car.
Trade in was low 20s for the 335i.

Never said it was anywhere near 27k. He said he traded it in for low 20's. I said bout 3-5k. Meaning from 23k-25k. After you dragged this on I had to research the market prices and it was around 23k for 2008's with about 50,000 miles. Good try though.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2013, 12:44 PM   #64
CUTigers
Captain
CUTigers's Avatar
United_States
10
Rep
859
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 Montego Blue 335i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Atlanta/Lawrenceville

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 Lexus IS F  [5.00]
2008 e90 335i  [4.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Njprince0226 View Post
Never said it was anywhere near 27k. He said he traded it in for low 20's. I said bout 3-5k. Meaning from 23k-25k. After you dragged this on I had to research the market prices and it was around 23k for 2008's with about 50,000 miles. Good try though.
+1.. The BMW dealer has mine listed for sale on their lot $23,999 with CPO and Maint
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2013, 12:49 PM   #65
fireline43
Lieutenant
9
Rep
497
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 Mercedes C250
Join Date: May 2012
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (0)

I recently went to see how much I could get for trade in on my 2009 335i and carmax said 23k, and an audi dealership would do 24k
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2013, 01:19 PM   #66
SubzeroVR4
Second Lieutenant
SubzeroVR4's Avatar
5
Rep
208
Posts

 
Drives: Infiniti FX35
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Dayton, Ohio

iTrader: (0)

Very nice choice. I crossed shopped 335i and IS-F, M5 and M3. I choose the 335i thinking it would be my daily but now it sits in the garage. I'm curious about your experience. Used to own a Lexus (RX400h) so I know they have great reliability and customer service.
__________________
'10 Mercedes C63 AMG
'09 E90 335i Fully Loaded-Sold
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:41 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST