E90Post
 


TireRack
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > stage 2+ whats next?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-03-2013, 06:46 PM   #23
Koreyy
KOrey
 
Drives: 335i Coupe
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Philadelphia

Posts: 546
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@TopGearSolutions
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koreyy View Post
thanks guys.. i was almost decided to go with meth but let me think again. i just want to make 400 whp with safe way. if exhaust + protune would make me to get 400 whp then i would just go that way.
I can send you to the right dyno and you can make over 400WHP, it's just a number!
hey I kist installed cat back supersprint exhaust not too long ago. now im concerned about suspension cuz slips sometimes on the corner. I just ordered new tires first to see. rears were kinda bald. well I would like to hear some advice about suspension upgrades.
Koreyy is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-03-2013, 06:56 PM   #24
Presidio335xi
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335xi coupe
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: San Francisco

Posts: 412
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koreyy View Post
Ar Catted downpipe (not installed yet)
Should return these for cattless. But I guess you already dumped A LOT of money for supersprint catback mufflers.

AST4100 coilovers are great option for suspension.
__________________
335xi: 6MT: 35% Tint: V5 Rev. 3: FlexFuel: LPFP Upgrade: PWM Meth: Spec 2+ SMFW: AST 4100: Catless DPs: DCI: IC: Forge DVs: Modifed CDV: V1
Presidio335xi is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-03-2013, 06:56 PM   #25
Crewchief05
SBD
 
Crewchief05's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i e90
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Arkansas

Posts: 278
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
08 335i  [0.00]
so wat is req for e85? Do you need upgraded fuel lines, and fuel sensors to properly run e85?
Crewchief05 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-03-2013, 07:43 PM   #26
Koreyy
KOrey
 
Drives: 335i Coupe
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Philadelphia

Posts: 546
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Presidio335xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koreyy View Post
Ar Catted downpipe (not installed yet)
Should return these for cattless. But I guess you already dumped A LOT of money for supersprint catback mufflers.

AST4100 coilovers are great option for suspension.
hey actually bought the used exhaust for $700 and I tho it was a good deal! lots of people recommending LSD but I dont think I wanna spent that much yet so tried to find used ones also lol. I searched couple times and see koni yellow with eibach is goos combo and less money so thinking to go that way
Koreyy is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-03-2013, 07:44 PM   #27
Koreyy
KOrey
 
Drives: 335i Coupe
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Philadelphia

Posts: 546
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crewchief05
so wat is req for e85? Do you need upgraded fuel lines, and fuel sensors to properly run e85?
so far I havent tried this yet but soon or later :s
Koreyy is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-03-2013, 08:34 PM   #28
E92mech
E92
 
Drives: 2010 E92 Le Mans M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Maryland

Posts: 117
iTrader: (0)

LSD
E92mech is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-27-2013, 10:55 AM   #29
Koreyy
KOrey
 
Drives: 335i Coupe
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Philadelphia

Posts: 546
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E92mech View Post
LSD
I really wanted to get this but its too pricey for me.. if i start goin to track then i would def get this but not now.
Koreyy is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-27-2013, 11:21 AM   #30
ZBMW
Black Forest Bimmerphile
 
Drives: 2007 335i
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Colorado

Posts: 136
iTrader: (1)

You have an impressive list of add-ons but I didn't see upgraded rear sub frame bushings. Either the polyurethane or M3 bushings will eliminate the wiggle you get when going to full power. M3's are stiffer, the polyur- gives a smoother ride.
ZBMW is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-27-2013, 11:34 AM   #31
JAL0988
Major
 
JAL0988's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 335i xdrive
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: NY

Posts: 1,413
iTrader: (1)

I'm telling you just run e85. Cobb has a map that you can download to your accessport for a 30% mix of e85 fuel and 70% 91+ octane gasoline. I've run it a few times and it's great. The car loves it and runes even smoother. Try that map out first with the mix, then see how you like it. I'm just finishing up my 93 octane protune now with PTF, then I'm gonna get the e85 tune to run about 40% e85. It'll definitely put you over your 400whp mark. Just make sure you can get e85 around you before you get your hopes up. I have all the same mods as you do, so don't worry about it.
__________________
2010 e92 Le Mans Blue 335i xDrive // PTF ProTuned E40 // VRSF 7" FMIC // VRSF Catless Downpipes // aFe DCI // ER Chargepipe // Forge DV's // Remus Race
JAL0988 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-27-2013, 11:36 AM   #32
JAL0988
Major
 
JAL0988's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 335i xdrive
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: NY

Posts: 1,413
iTrader: (1)

Also:

Stock fuel tank is 16.2 gallons. Just put 4.86 gallons into the tank of e85 and fill the rest up with 93 octane. Then switch the map over to the e30 map (it means 30% of e85) and you're good to go.
__________________
2010 e92 Le Mans Blue 335i xDrive // PTF ProTuned E40 // VRSF 7" FMIC // VRSF Catless Downpipes // aFe DCI // ER Chargepipe // Forge DV's // Remus Race
JAL0988 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-27-2013, 12:15 PM   #33
Koreyy
KOrey
 
Drives: 335i Coupe
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Philadelphia

Posts: 546
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBMW View Post
You have an impressive list of add-ons but I didn't see upgraded rear sub frame bushings. Either the polyurethane or M3 bushings will eliminate the wiggle you get when going to full power. M3's are stiffer, the polyur- gives a smoother ride.
does it really worth it?, i would like to try to install the coilover first see how much difference between oem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAL0988 View Post
I'm telling you just run e85. Cobb has a map that you can download to your accessport for a 30% mix of e85 fuel and 70% 91+ octane gasoline. I've run it a few times and it's great. The car loves it and runes even smoother. Try that map out first with the mix, then see how you like it. I'm just finishing up my 93 octane protune now with PTF, then I'm gonna get the e85 tune to run about 40% e85. It'll definitely put you over your 400whp mark. Just make sure you can get e85 around you before you get your hopes up. I have all the same mods as you do, so don't worry about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAL0988 View Post
Also:
Stock fuel tank is 16.2 gallons. Just put 4.86 gallons into the tank of e85 and fill the rest up with 93 octane. Then switch the map over to the e30 map (it means 30% of e85) and you're good to go.
i guess you have not read my updated comment, 400 whp is not necessary anymore i would love to if i have more time to enjoy my car but not these days due to my work, would like to find out any parts that prevent and help from breaking apart due to car is getting old now.
Koreyy is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-23-2013, 08:04 AM   #34
bmwm3redblack
Captain
 
bmwm3redblack's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW ///M3 E46, BMW 335XI
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: e13 osl

Posts: 854
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny_World View Post
Don't know about Philly, but if you have access to e85 or race gas, it would be the next step. Better yet, a LSD would be better. Oh, and muffler delete if u are manual.
you've said "muffler delete if u are manual" ? What is the difference in that case manual vs auto?
I'm 6sp manual, so i can do it,what about drone,sound??
__________________
Bmw 335xi/FBO/ black on black/ 6sp manual/Cobb AP/BMS DCI/AA BOV KIT/VRSF DP'S/VRSF 7'FMIC /FULLY CATLESS/H&R sport springs/ 19' ac schnitzer wheels.
bmwm3redblack is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-23-2013, 09:12 AM   #35
Manny_World
Colonel
 
Manny_World's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 335i, e34 525i & e60 530i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: N Las Vegas

Posts: 2,304
iTrader: (12)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [4.00]
2007 BMW 530i  [4.33]
1994 BMW 525i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwm3redblack View Post
you've said "muffler delete if u are manual" ? What is the difference in that case manual vs auto?
I'm 6sp manual, so i can do it,what about drone,sound??
Manual have less drone than Auto. It's pretty loud but still sounds good. YouTube '335i muffler delete' and I'm sure you'll find plenty of videos. Or, try to find someone local with it to see if you like it first.
__________________
Manny_World is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-23-2013, 09:16 AM   #36
bmwm3redblack
Captain
 
bmwm3redblack's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW ///M3 E46, BMW 335XI
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: e13 osl

Posts: 854
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny_World View Post
Manual have less drone than Auto. It's pretty loud but still sounds good. YouTube '335i muffler delete' and I'm sure you'll find plenty of videos. Or, try to find someone local with it to see if you like it first.
What about secondary cats, have you deleted them? How is the sound much louder? Drone???
__________________
Bmw 335xi/FBO/ black on black/ 6sp manual/Cobb AP/BMS DCI/AA BOV KIT/VRSF DP'S/VRSF 7'FMIC /FULLY CATLESS/H&R sport springs/ 19' ac schnitzer wheels.
bmwm3redblack is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-23-2013, 11:08 AM   #37
Manny_World
Colonel
 
Manny_World's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 335i, e34 525i & e60 530i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: N Las Vegas

Posts: 2,304
iTrader: (12)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [4.00]
2007 BMW 530i  [4.33]
1994 BMW 525i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwm3redblack View Post
What about secondary cats, have you deleted them? How is the sound much louder? Drone???
Still have secondary cats on mine. I couldn't imagine the setup without it. I heard of people replacing them with resonators though.
__________________
Manny_World is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-23-2013, 12:43 PM   #38
bmwm3redblack
Captain
 
bmwm3redblack's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW ///M3 E46, BMW 335XI
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: e13 osl

Posts: 854
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny_World View Post
Still have secondary cats on mine. I couldn't imagine the setup without it. I heard of people replacing them with resonators though.

I always thought that muffler delete is horible raspy sound, that's why i was thinking about secondary cats delete to make my car a bit louder,cause it's not loud enough!!!
__________________
Bmw 335xi/FBO/ black on black/ 6sp manual/Cobb AP/BMS DCI/AA BOV KIT/VRSF DP'S/VRSF 7'FMIC /FULLY CATLESS/H&R sport springs/ 19' ac schnitzer wheels.
bmwm3redblack is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-23-2013, 01:15 PM   #39
Manny_World
Colonel
 
Manny_World's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 335i, e34 525i & e60 530i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: N Las Vegas

Posts: 2,304
iTrader: (12)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [4.00]
2007 BMW 530i  [4.33]
1994 BMW 525i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwm3redblack View Post
I always thought that muffler delete is horible raspy sound, that's why i was thinking about secondary cats delete to make my car a bit louder,cause it's not loud enough!!!
Try these steps to making your car louder.
1. Look up and try the 'golf tee mod' (sound sound good with your dps)
Make it deeper...
2. Replace stock muffler with your favorite manufacture's muffler.
Louder...
3. Delete your secondary cats or replace with resonators
Sounds mean and louder
4. Aftermarket Exhaust
That's loud
5. Delete mufflers
DAMN DATS LOUD!!!
6. Remove secondary cats and mufflers

Your best bet is looking up sound clips on YouTube, here, finding someone with an exhaust you like locally, or being ballsy and take it to a local exhaust shop to try something.
__________________
Manny_World is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-24-2013, 03:40 AM   #40
bmwm3redblack
Captain
 
bmwm3redblack's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW ///M3 E46, BMW 335XI
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: e13 osl

Posts: 854
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny_World View Post
Try these steps to making your car louder.
1. Look up and try the 'golf tee mod' (sound sound good with your dps)
Make it deeper...
2. Replace stock muffler with your favorite manufacture's muffler.
Louder...
3. Delete your secondary cats or replace with resonators
Sounds mean and louder
4. Aftermarket Exhaust
That's loud
5. Delete mufflers
DAMN DATS LOUD!!!
6. Remove secondary cats and mufflers

Your best bet is looking up sound clips on YouTube, here, finding someone with an exhaust you like locally, or being ballsy and take it to a local exhaust shop to try something.

Thanks for the info, i'll think about it, but probably i'll try delete secondary cats.
BTW how is e30 map, great improovement??
__________________
Bmw 335xi/FBO/ black on black/ 6sp manual/Cobb AP/BMS DCI/AA BOV KIT/VRSF DP'S/VRSF 7'FMIC /FULLY CATLESS/H&R sport springs/ 19' ac schnitzer wheels.
bmwm3redblack is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-24-2013, 09:30 AM   #41
Manny_World
Colonel
 
Manny_World's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 335i, e34 525i & e60 530i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: N Las Vegas

Posts: 2,304
iTrader: (12)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [4.00]
2007 BMW 530i  [4.33]
1994 BMW 525i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwm3redblack View Post
Thanks for the info, i'll think about it, but probably i'll try delete secondary cats.
BTW how is e30 map, great improovement??
It's good, I have no complaints. However, after being in a protuned car, that's definitely my next step after I get my fuel pump installed.
__________________
Manny_World is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-24-2013, 09:44 AM   #42
bmwm3redblack
Captain
 
bmwm3redblack's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW ///M3 E46, BMW 335XI
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: e13 osl

Posts: 854
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny_World View Post
It's good, I have no complaints. However, after being in a protuned car, that's definitely my next step after I get my fuel pump installed.
Ye that's right, i'm thinking about protune aswell
Do 6sp manual have some benefits over 6at when you delete secondary cats?
I mean in terms of rasp and drone???
Cause if you recomend to delete muffler just in case i am 6sp manual,that's makes me thinking we've got the same story with secondary cats?
__________________
Bmw 335xi/FBO/ black on black/ 6sp manual/Cobb AP/BMS DCI/AA BOV KIT/VRSF DP'S/VRSF 7'FMIC /FULLY CATLESS/H&R sport springs/ 19' ac schnitzer wheels.
bmwm3redblack is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-24-2013, 09:46 AM   #43
Gugs
Cynical
 
Gugs's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 JetBlack
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Long island

Posts: 431
iTrader: (1)

Get a real tune. Get a jb4
Gugs is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-24-2013, 11:14 AM   #44
Manny_World
Colonel
 
Manny_World's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 335i, e34 525i & e60 530i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: N Las Vegas

Posts: 2,304
iTrader: (12)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [4.00]
2007 BMW 530i  [4.33]
1994 BMW 525i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gugs View Post
Get a real tune. Get a jb4
Way to contradict yourself there guy. You need a flash tune for proper fueling.
__________________
Manny_World is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:24 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST