E90Post

GetBMWParts

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Burglar Alarm advice

02-11-2013, 12:36 PM   #1
1 AKY
First Lieutenant

Drives: E90 330D MSport Auto

Burglar Alarm advice

Hi all. Looking to get a domestic alarm replaced. Already have hard wiring to all PIR (9 of), window shock sensors (13 of) plus 3 external doors and a couple of other add-ons.

Looking to put each on a different zone so need approx 30-35 plus some capacity for future expansion if needed. only looking to add on any wireless components for anything external e.g. The shed or where pulling any more wires will cause damage.

Been looking at Texecom but have also come across Scantronic and only looking to fit grade 3 components.

Any advice or suggestions?

Regards - AKY
1 AKY is offline   United Kingdom
      02-11-2013, 01:21 PM   #2
IanS100
Colonel

Drives: 320d LCI M Sport Plus

I was looking into this about 9 months ago for a 16+ zone panel and the research I did suggested that Scantronic were good but can be a bit problematic - I decided to go Texecom before getting distracted onto other things so I'll be very interested to read any input
IanS100 is offline   United Kingdom
      02-11-2013, 03:33 PM   #3
magic77
Colonel

Drives: 320

Having fitted a few texom as being a registered installer I love their kit and support. The wireless mesh technology is very good and they seem to be always on the ball when you call them. The texecom you can add zone extenders plus the mech tech wireless can be setup so some units are wired and others wirless. Drop me a pm. where abours region wise in UK are you

Titanium Silver E90 LCI 320D M Sport Saloon
- Logic 7/ USB Connectity and Bluetooth/ Visibility Pack (Xenons, Adaptive Lights,Auto Wipers Lights and Corner Lights) / Sun Protection Glass/M Spoiler / Brake Ducts / BMW Performance Pack / BBS Wheels / SS Cat Back straight through with BCS Backbox