E90Post

GTB Performance

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Lighting question

02-14-2013, 04:47 PM   #1
vexvi

Drives: 2006 325i

Lighting question

Does anyone know if the wiring for a 2006 325i provides more power to the driver side?

Okay, last night my passenger side light turned off (xenon hid kit). So i began testing to figure out what it is. below are my findings:

1. put stock halogen bulb and it powered on (connect straight to the stock wiring, no ballast or anything) - bulb turns on, no issues. wires are getting power

2. test the hid bulb on the working side. The passenger side bulb works when i put it on the other side.

I have not tested the ballast yet but i will later today. Just wanted some input.

Just a note...in the pass i had to use a capacitor on the passenger side to get it working but i kept getting errors on my dash. i removed the capacitor (which is only on the passenger side) the errors go away but no light