E90Post
 


GTB Performance
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > BMW 750i can withstand CHP PIT maneuver! Proved by rich Chinese Kid



Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-21-2014, 03:14 AM   #1
nukezero
Major
 
Drives: '09 335I Cpe
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sunny Socal

Posts: 1,194
iTrader: (4)

BMW 750i can withstand CHP PIT maneuver! Proved by rich Chinese Kid

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Did you guys see this on the news?

Story:

UCI (University of California Irvine) Chinese immigrant student buys new BMW 750i and takes two friends for a ride going in excess of 100-120mph in LA and Malibu.

CHP attempts to make pit maneuver which was unsuccessful. That 750i held up real well! And then they decide to stop?!?!

Apparently, on the tv news, they said the dumb 18 year old kid didn't understand why he was being chased and what the flashing lights meant.

*sigh* - this is the kind of sh** we have coming in from China. Rich kids with too much money. I will bet you a stack this kid will get out of jail tomorrow morning because daddy has wired enough money from China for a lawyer to get him out.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/lo...246468591.html

The kid is 18? he looks 16.
Attached Images
 
__________________
2009 335i 6MT - M-Sport - All stock
nukezero is offline   United_States
0
      02-21-2014, 03:23 AM   #2
E93FTW
BMW Über Alles
 
E93FTW's Avatar
 
Drives: E93 Vert'
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: SoFL

Posts: 1,041
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2010 E93  [5.00]
Could have hurt someone else, who cares about him though.
__________________
E93FTW is offline   Germany
0
      02-21-2014, 03:43 AM   #3
SSW
I Can't Drive 55
 
SSW's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i (E90)
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: SF Bay Area

Posts: 579
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nukezero View Post
*sigh* - this is the kind of sh** we have coming in from China. Rich kids with too much money. I will bet you a stack this kid will get out of jail tomorrow morning because daddy has wired enough money from China for a lawyer to get him out.
Couldn't you say the same thing about a white kid "coming in" from 90210?
__________________
2008 Black Sapphire 335i E90 Sport & Premium Pkgs - Cobb Stage 1+FMIC Sport map, Mishimoto FMIC & Alpina B3 AT Flash. See: My Build Thread.
SSW is offline   United_States
0
      02-21-2014, 03:48 AM   #4
cuiter23
Major
 
cuiter23's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 328i ZSP
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Vancouver

Posts: 1,034
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 BMW 328i  [3.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nukezero View Post
Did you guys see this on the news?


*sigh* - this is the kind of sh** we have coming in from China. Rich kids with too much money. I will bet you a stack this kid will get out of jail tomorrow morning because daddy has wired enough money from China for a lawyer to get him out.
This is the kind of racism that should be banned from these forums. I hope a moderator comes in on this.
__________________
2007 E90 328i - Titanium Metallic l 19" VMR V710 l H&R Trak+ Spacers l Mtech Rear Lip Spoiler l Hamann Front Lip l Eibach Sportline l AA N52 Signature Exhaust l OEM Blacklines l MTEC V3 AE l 6000K HID l Nokya 7000K Fogs l MTEC License Plate LED l Interior LED l 15% Tint l BlackVue DR380G-HD + PMP
cuiter23 is offline  
0
      02-21-2014, 03:49 AM   #5
paddy335
Major
 
Drives: 335i Touring; X5 40d
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New Zealand

Posts: 1,007
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSW View Post
Couldn't you say the same thing about a white kid "coming in" from 90210?
+1
paddy335 is offline  
0
      02-21-2014, 03:54 AM   #6
M-addict89
New Member
 
Drives: 320I M-Sport
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Nottingham

Posts: 9
iTrader: (0)

You know what always breaks me about these stories? How they have to use the car brand in the title!? "Police lead on high speed chase after a BMW"


If this was a Ford or Peugeot it wouldn't even be considered in the news title however because it's a "typical BMW driver" and to keep the stereotype alive they use the cars brand to make people think "typical huh"
M-addict89 is offline  
0
      02-21-2014, 05:09 AM   #7
Gizm0
Major
 
Gizm0's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 e92 335i 6mt
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Virginia

Posts: 1,345
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nukezero View Post
*sigh* - this is the kind of sh** we have coming in from China. Rich kids with too much money.


And why is this posted in the e90 section?
Gizm0 is online now   United_States
0
      02-21-2014, 06:57 AM   #8
summall
Second Lieutenant
 
summall's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW E90
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Ontario

Posts: 226
iTrader: (0)

2 mths license + 7 series - brain = trouble
summall is offline   Canada
0
      02-21-2014, 07:01 AM   #9
ping65810
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2007 328xi
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Dracut, MA

Posts: 149
iTrader: (0)

Actually we have this problem in Boston too. The influx of young Chinese with insane amounts of money is fine, but unlike their older and wiser family, most of these kids are young, dumb, and entitled. They all drive insanely expensive brand new cars, usually Audi, BMW, Mercedes... and generally disregard most laws whilst studying here. There are problems with all people, regardless of where they come from, but I see a huge problem with this generation of entitled young Chinese more so than others. Its a shame really, since many come from hard working families.
ping65810 is offline   United_States
0
      02-21-2014, 08:06 AM   #10
ap47
Captain
 
ap47's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Canada

Posts: 704
iTrader: (6)

Lol why is this posted in the e90 general section? Your questioning this 18 year old's judgement and yet you don't even know which section this "news" story belongs to.

There are people of all races, age, and wealth running away from the cops every single minute in the U.S. and the only reason why this is news is because he is 1) foreign, 2) young, and 3) drives an expensive car. Big deal.
ap47 is offline   Canada
0
      02-21-2014, 08:11 AM   #11
kdbryce
I have to return some video tapes
 
kdbryce's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 335i 6mt
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Albany, NY

Posts: 4,189
iTrader: (0)

Who cares.
__________________
13 Black Sapphire e92 335i - 10 Le Mans Blue e92 335i - 09 Monaco Blue e92 328i xdrive - 07 Sparkling Graphite e92 328xi
kdbryce is offline   United_States
0
      02-21-2014, 08:18 AM   #12
Delta0311
Brigadier General
 
Delta0311's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NJ

Posts: 3,601
iTrader: (1)

Leave him alone, can't you see he is suffering from affluenza. You peasants have no idea how hard it is to be rich and be able to do what ever you want.
__________________
Space Gray 2011 335xi E92
Delta0311 is offline  
0
      02-21-2014, 08:35 AM   #13
ping65810
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2007 328xi
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Dracut, MA

Posts: 149
iTrader: (0)

+1.
ping65810 is offline   United_States
0
      02-21-2014, 10:36 AM   #14
1chanc3
Captain
 
Drives: 2010 e92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Posts: 747
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSW View Post
Couldn't you say the same thing about a white kid "coming in" from 90210?
Couldn't agree with you more. Like that WHITE teen in Texas who was drunk driving and KILLED a family of 4 and got away with just probation due to his argument of affluence (which is freaking BS).
Why does being rich/wealthy give anyone the freedom to be irresponsible?!

Different rules for the 1% I guess....
__________________
2010 335i Coupe- Monaco Blue Metallic
1chanc3 is online now  
0
      02-21-2014, 10:56 AM   #15
smallseafishie
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: AW 07 e92 335i + AW 11 X5 35d
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Atlanta GA

Posts: 1,704
iTrader: (12)

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
I find it funny that the new reporter said mentioned that because the keys were being thrown outside of the car, that it was over.

Comfort access gives you a like a small window of time from turning off the car to turn it back on, even if the key is out of range.
smallseafishie is offline  
0
      02-21-2014, 11:38 AM   #16
JAL0988
Major
 
JAL0988's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 335i xdrive
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: NY

Posts: 1,413
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuiter23 View Post
This is the kind of racism that should be banned from these forums. I hope a moderator comes in on this.
I don't think it's racist. The way he said it could have been thought out a little more. Not everything is race driven. Unfortunately, this is a reality that has been a growing trend amongst young Chinese students coming into the USA for an education. They have plenty of money and do not understand their surroundings and the culture. It would be like me going over to China, it's a completely different culture with a different set of rules.
__________________
2010 e92 Le Mans Blue 335i xDrive // PTF ProTuned E40 // VRSF 7" FMIC // VRSF Catless Downpipes // aFe DCI // ER Chargepipe // Forge DV's // Remus Race
JAL0988 is offline  
0
      02-21-2014, 11:40 AM   #17
_Sinister_
Major
 
_Sinister_'s Avatar
 
Drives: e90 335i mt
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: The High State

Posts: 1,032
iTrader: (0)

__________________
_Sinister_
_Sinister_ is offline   United_States
0
      02-21-2014, 11:45 AM   #18
bimmer_335
Captain
 
Drives: 335i Coupe
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Plano, TX

Posts: 791
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
Leave him alone, can't you see he is suffering from affluenza. You peasants have no idea how hard it is to be rich and be able to do what ever you want.
+1
bimmer_335 is offline  
0
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:32 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST