E90Post
 


VIBE Motorsports
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Checking Progman Version



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-12-2013, 11:41 PM   #1
Turkish Mafia
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: E92 335i (6/07)
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: FL

Posts: 278
iTrader: (1)

Checking Progman Version

Is there a way I can tell which Progman version my car is running?

I tried searching, but I am only coming up with very old threads back from before coding was mainstream.

Thanks.
Turkish Mafia is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-13-2013, 08:07 AM   #2
cn555ic
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
cn555ic's Avatar
 
Drives: Bimmerscoding.com
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New York

Posts: 18,276
iTrader: (5)

Send a message via Yahoo to cn555ic
What's your intentions of using Progman. Its so outdated the newest version still would be to old to work with. I would stay clear of that software as many have messed up their cars using it. So many other software to use then it.
cn555ic is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-13-2013, 08:28 AM   #3
808AWD325xi
Ballin' out of control.
 
808AWD325xi's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 BMW 335i
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Fremont, CA

Posts: 634
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Mafia View Post
Is there a way I can tell which Progman version my car is running?

I tried searching, but I am only coming up with very old threads back from before coding was mainstream.

Thanks.
Unless your car runs Windows XP Embedded, it doesn't run Progman. Progman is an old programming management tool that predates ISTA/P.

INPA can display your plant, dealer, and backup integration levels. The integration level will correspond to the the Progman or ISTA/P version that was used to flash your vehicle.

This thread is a good reference for legacy integration levels:
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=797020

Recent E89X integration levels include:
ISTA/P 2.49.0 E89X-13-03-501
ISTA/P 2.49.1 E89X-13-03-502
ISTA/P 2.49.2 E89X-13-03-503
ISTA/P 2.49.3 E89X-13-03-504
ISTA/P 2.49.4 E89X-13-03-504
ISTA/P 2.50.0 E89X-13-07-501
ISTA/P 2.50.2 E89X-13-07-503

If you want to see the integration level that a particular sp daten supports, check out the E89\kmmData\kmm_ZK.txt file.
808AWD325xi is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-13-2013, 11:33 AM   #4
Turkish Mafia
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: E92 335i (6/07)
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: FL

Posts: 278
iTrader: (1)

Thank you for your replies.

Perhaps I'm asking the wrong question. Basically my goal is to see whether my car is running a pre or post 29.2 version (which is the infamous turbo-lag inducing update).

Just some background info: my 2007 335i (e92) was reprogrammed and updated in 2011 when my fuel pump was replaced. During this same service my injectors were swapped per a recall.
Turkish Mafia is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-13-2013, 11:54 AM   #5
808AWD325xi
Ballin' out of control.
 
808AWD325xi's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 BMW 335i
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Fremont, CA

Posts: 634
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Mafia View Post
Thank you for your replies.

Perhaps I'm asking the wrong question. Basically my goal is to see whether my car is running a pre or post 29.2 version (which is the infamous turbo-lag inducing update).

Just some background info: my 2007 335i (e92) was reprogrammed and updated in 2011 when my fuel pump was replaced. During this same service my injectors were swapped per a recall.
If it was updated in 2011, it's definitely post 29.2. You can validate this by displaying the current integration level in INPA and cross referencing the integration level to determine the version of ISTA/P the dealer used.
808AWD325xi is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-13-2013, 12:00 PM   #6
Turkish Mafia
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: E92 335i (6/07)
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: FL

Posts: 278
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808AWD325xi View Post
If it was updated in 2011, it's definitely post 29.2. You can validate this by displaying the current integration level in INPA and cross referencing the integration level to determine the version of ISTA/P the dealer used.
All right, I will try this.

A few follow-up questions if you don't mind. My understanding is that there is an option with the update to retain old wastegate behavior, subsequently getting rid of turbo-lag:

"To get the old wastegate behaviour back, one has to get an ISTA/P 2.32.1 update or later and afterwards, using ISTA/P, the option for "wastegate control" has to be activated in the "retrofit" sub-menu of ISTA/P (read the SIB for details). This option is not offered automatically, the technician has to actually look for it. Also, the option is only available when it is applicable (that is, only for cars < 09/07)."

1) Is there a way to check whether this option is enabled?
2) If it isn't, is it possible to do it myself?
3) Is it possible to update my car to the newer 32 versions (which my understanding is like pre-29.2)?

Thanks again!
Turkish Mafia is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-13-2013, 01:10 PM   #7
808AWD325xi
Ballin' out of control.
 
808AWD325xi's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 BMW 335i
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Fremont, CA

Posts: 634
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Mafia View Post
All right, I will try this.

A few follow-up questions if you don't mind. My understanding is that there is an option with the update to retain old wastegate behavior, subsequently getting rid of turbo-lag:

"To get the old wastegate behaviour back, one has to get an ISTA/P 2.32.1 update or later and afterwards, using ISTA/P, the option for "wastegate control" has to be activated in the "retrofit" sub-menu of ISTA/P (read the SIB for details). This option is not offered automatically, the technician has to actually look for it. Also, the option is only available when it is applicable (that is, only for cars < 09/07)."

1) Is there a way to check whether this option is enabled?
2) If it isn't, is it possible to do it myself?
3) Is it possible to update my car to the newer 32 versions (which my understanding is like pre-29.2)?

Thanks again!
Someone familiar with ISTA/P will have to chime in.
808AWD325xi is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:51 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST