E90Post

Alpine HID

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Wanted: Collapsible/Foldable Single Bike Trailer

02-20-2013, 02:29 PM   #1
Hoops
Brigadier General

Drives: Merc E350 Sport Estate (265)

Garage List
Wanted: Collapsible/Foldable Single Bike Trailer

I've never owned or towed a trailer before but i need to sort something out to get the bike to and from the track. There are a lot of options on eBay but ive no idea what i need to look for or what sort of money these things go for second hand. I dont want to buy brand new as i want to try and spend as little as possible so happy to buy something used as long as its all in perfect working order etc.

This is what i need;

- Single Bike Trailer
- Easy and Quick to load on my own
- Foldable/Collaspible into as small a size as possible - limited garage space

If anyone is selling or know of anyone thinking of selling something that would fit the bill then i have cash waiting.

If not, any advice or suggestions on what and where i should i would be most grateful.

Many thanks!
      02-20-2013, 04:22 PM   #2
Hoops
Brigadier General

Garage List
Sorry mods - ive just realised this is in the wrong section - should be in classifieds i guess - can it be moved?
      02-20-2013, 06:34 PM   #3
mowflow
Colonel

Drives: F20 125d

My old man bought a folding one for his bikes recently when he got rid of his van. Looks pretty good and seems to do the job so I'll ask him what make it is and where he got it if you want.
      02-21-2013, 02:38 AM   #4
Hoops
Brigadier General

Garage List
Thank you, appreciated. There are lots on eBay but vary in price - there was a Bike Lug one in blue that i was watching but it went for 440 in the end which is more than i want to spend really - but it did look good and was exactly what im looking for.
      02-23-2013, 04:03 PM   #5
mowflow
Colonel

Was up at my old mans tonight. His trailer is a Motolug, it looks like the SE one going on their site. Can carry a bike up to 670kg. He paid around 600, he was a bit vague about the price as my mum was within earshot He's been shifting bikes around the country using various trailers and vans for over 30 years now and says this trailer is one of the best.

I know your not looking to spend that much but think about it like you do a car. The cost isn't the initial outlay but the outlay minus the resale value so cost of ownership is probably around 200. Would you trust a 200 trailer bought off the Internet with that bike? Not sure I would. Man maths says its an investment.
mowflow is offline   Scotland
      02-23-2013, 04:05 PM   #6
mowflow
Colonel

Oh yeah, my dad reconned most of the cheaper ones on eBay are made of pig iron and will rust to dust within a year.
mowflow is offline   Scotland
      02-23-2013, 06:14 PM   #7
Hoops
Brigadier General

Garage List
Thanks for the info Mow - much appreciated - and i take on board the comment about hauling a very expensive bike around on a cheap pig iron rust bucket!