E90Post

TireRack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > VIRTSG92?

03-26-2015, 08:51 PM   #1
Scrippy
Lord Scrip
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Guys,

What is this ECU and what does it manage(VIRTSG92). In INPA my identification file says "ERROR_ECU_SERVICE_NOT_SUPPORTED".
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2015, 05:06 PM   #2
hardr85
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi, 2006 330i

I have the same problem. I beleive it is the transmission control module, or at least something to do with the transmission. I had a dme flash gone wrong, lost battery, and have same error for dme.

Do you have the red tranny light? Any other issues?
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2015, 05:51 PM   #3
Scrippy
Lord Scrip
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardr85
I have the same problem. I beleive it is the transmission control module, or at least something to do with the transmission. I had a dme flash gone wrong, lost battery, and have same error for dme.

Do you have the red tranny light? Any other issues?
No cars running great. I recently bought a used professional radio and I was updating it in WinKFP and noticed this one module reads this way. I have updated every module in my car with daten 54. I agree this has to do with transmission because all internet searches yield Alpina blogs. My car is an 07 so I would like to know. I feel like the module is malfunctioning and I would like to fix/replace so I can update.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2015, 07:42 PM   #4
hardr85
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi, 2006 330i

I found an autologic techspec pdf. For bmw that.lists most of the modules, their abbreviation, and their variant which are in winkfp. Not all are there, but it shows the VTG abbreviation reffers to the gearbox, and the variant is VGSG.

I would attach, but either it is not possible on my phone, or I have no idea how. It is probably both. I found it in a forum. The website on the pdf is: www.autologic-diagnostics.com.

Please update what you find out, if I can get my DME sorted out, this will be my next issue.

I have read recently that some people suggest disconnecting your tranny control module when you update other modules, that may be both of our issue.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2015, 08:32 PM   #5
Scrippy
Lord Scrip
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardr85
I found an autologic techspec pdf. For bmw that.lists most of the modules, their abbreviation, and their variant which are in winkfp. Not all are there, but it shows the VTG abbreviation reffers to the gearbox, and the variant is VGSG.

I would attach, but either it is not possible on my phone, or I have no idea how. It is probably both. I found it in a forum. The website on the pdf is: www.autologic-diagnostics.com.

Please update what you find out, if I can get my DME sorted out, this will be my next issue.

I have read recently that some people suggest disconnecting your tranny control module when you update other modules, that may be both of our issue.
If you bricked the DME, can you reach it with NCSExpert? If so, SG_CODERIEN a blank MAN file. This will let the cars modules load up your DME based of VO. It may make the module work as well as it can with what firmware it has if any. As far as updating the module with WinKFP.....I would just buy daten V54 off eBay. People sell links to torents. I did it and I downloaded all 30gigs of spdaten 54 in an hour. It's better than trying to find them. The daten v54 should have the project number you want. Also, I had problems with updating my Kombi. A guy on here with the name "sensible_" gave me a work around. Run the proposed job number through bmwfansinfo.com. It may list an alternative file that will work that you may already have. This worked for my Kombi and as a result I got the new DTC icon.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2015, 09:33 PM   #6
wildcatcrazy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i M Sport

Garage List
2009 335i  [0.00]
No need to pay anything for DATENs. If you don't have or can't find the link, send shawnsheridan a pm and he'll share it with you.
      03-28-2015, 01:30 AM   #7
Scrippy
Lord Scrip
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcatcrazy
No need to pay anything for DATENs. If you don't have or can't find the link, send shawnsheridan a pm and he'll share it with you.
Oh good to know. After putting in my replacement stereo and updating it, my Kombi now says it can be updated but I'm getting "false project number" in German in WinKFP because I don't have the right datens. I thought version 54 would have all that I need but I was wrong.
Appreciate 0