E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Bay Area! Successful Wastegate Warranty Claims!!

09-09-2013, 12:21 PM   #1
PTek Will
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 335i coupe

Bay Area! Successful Wastegate Warranty Claims!!

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to hear which BMW dealership is the best to go to if you are trying to swoop in on a free wastegate fix! The only ones close to me are Stevens Creek and Mountain View. Any suggestions as to which one I should go to to get my wastegates fixed for free under the 8yr/82k emissions warranty?
PTek Will is offline   United_States
      09-09-2013, 01:11 PM   #2
fixedreality
Private First Class

Drives: HPF M3

If your wastegates are indeed faulty, meaning obvious wastegate noises..

Any dealership will do the repairs, just don't have any aftermarket engine mods done to the car. They present the case to BMW NA and get reimbursed for the work performed. Dealership doesn't lose anything so they are more than willing to do the repairs, granted you have a legitimate issue.
      09-09-2013, 01:38 PM   #3
PTek Will
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 335i coupe

They rattle pretty bad on cold starts. They rattle on low rpm acceleration and on deceleration. Hopefully this is legitimate.
PTek Will is offline   United_States
      09-16-2013, 03:54 AM   #4
sleepy415
Private

Drives: C63 AMG

Brought mine to Peter Pan for other issues & told the service manager about the rattle, his employee even acknowledged it as I was pulling in. Long story short, wasted my time, did not even check my wastegates & gave me some BS about how sound isn't enough. They kept my car for 2 weeks to diagnose a freaking misfire problem & those cheapos also took my car on 4 separate test drives totaling 100 miles when I got the car back, I gave the car to them with 1/3 tank & they ran it way past the gas light. Took my car to BMW of San Francisco & they did not give me any BS, they had the master mechanic work on my car & I both of my turbos replaced in only 4 days...I should have went to them in the first place.

Last edited by sleepy415; 09-16-2013 at 04:00 AM.