E90Post
 


ECS BMW
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > World's 1st Single Turbo AWD N54: Vishnu/FFTEC Single Turbo Content



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-26-2013, 01:50 PM   #133
pits200
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: 09 335i X-Drive Black Sapphire
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Pittsburgh

Posts: 1,898
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jippii ensio View Post
Looks like everyone agrees on xi stock suspension not being the best one. Upgrading the suspension makes sense for those who value better suspension. However, why don't you guys take it to the correct subforum from now on.
It isn't specific to just the subforum xi suspension. It's the single turbo xi and suspension issue. It definitely has gotten off track but it was partially due to some people feeling the need to correct every single statement.

Now back on track, the single turbo xi.
pits200 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-12-2013, 10:54 AM   #134
iloseguitarpicks
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2007 E90 335Xi
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NJ

Posts: 558
iTrader: (9)

bump! any updates?
__________________
-335xi---Innotech Exhaust---AR 3" Catless---Pro tuned---HPF FMIC---ER Chargepipe---KW V1---Injen DCI---BMW Performance Front Bumper, Rear Spoiler & Door Sills---Vorsteiner wheels---much more-
iloseguitarpicks is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-12-2013, 11:09 AM   #135
idspeedskater
Idaho Transplant
 
Drives: 2007 335xi
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Redwood City, CA

Posts: 156
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloseguitarpicks View Post
bump! any updates?
I'm loving it so far , absolutely loving it, even on the crap 91 pump here in CA.

I've been practicing my 60-130 technique with the new clutch and power level, looking for a decent location that doesn't take hours to get to, and have been enjoying the car the few chances I get to open it up and stretch its legs or throw it around the twisty roads in the hills. I'll take requests for video you want to see or driving impressions, but still need to work with Shiv and FFTEC to get NLS enabled and make sure we are set for better gas before chasing any 60-130 records

Not too much launching so the TC limits aren't being pushed, and not nearly as much time spent in the car as I would like due to work and family commitments. I'm hoping to get some more runs in this weekend or possibly one of these evenings
__________________
07 335xi Monaco Blue | FFTEC/Vishnu Single Turbo | Procede Rev 3 | Spec Stage 2+ Clutch | Spec Aluminum Flywheel | ETS FMIC | HKS Legamax Exhaust | Vishnu PWM Meth
idspeedskater is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-12-2013, 02:29 PM   #136
psmitty95
Brigadier General
 
psmitty95's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 E90 335i xDrive
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Greenwich, CT/ Dallas, TX

Posts: 3,610
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by idspeedskater View Post
I'm loving it so far , absolutely loving it, even on the crap 91 pump here in CA.

I've been practicing my 60-130 technique with the new clutch and power level, looking for a decent location that doesn't take hours to get to, and have been enjoying the car the few chances I get to open it up and stretch its legs or throw it around the twisty roads in the hills. I'll take requests for video you want to see or driving impressions, but still need to work with Shiv and FFTEC to get NLS enabled and make sure we are set for better gas before chasing any 60-130 records

Not too much launching so the TC limits aren't being pushed, and not nearly as much time spent in the car as I would like due to work and family commitments. I'm hoping to get some more runs in this weekend or possibly one of these evenings
I would love to see a video of a rolling start or going from a dig even without a launch. I'm just curious to see how well this thing grips with awd in 1st and 2nd gear and then how hard it pulls in the higher gears
__________________
< Click picture for photoshoot
E90 335i xDrive 6spd, Nav, Prem, Cold Weather, & Sports package - Msport Conversion
Mods: FBO + Meth JB4 ISO, BB flash, VRSF DP/FMIC, ER CP, Stett, SteveAZ LPFP & more
More Pictures: Build Thread /// Shop I use: Aci Dynamix 408AWHP/ 483AWTQ Uncorrected Mustang Dyno
psmitty95 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-22-2013, 03:38 PM   #137
X.X.I.V
Second Lieutenant
 
X.X.I.V's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 e90 335 xdrive
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chicago, IL

Posts: 259
iTrader: (0)

I would love to see a video of a rolling start or going from a dig even without a launch. I'm just curious to see how well this thing grips with awd in 1st and 2nd gear and then how hard it pulls in the higher gears[/quote]


+1
X.X.I.V is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-22-2013, 07:06 PM   #138
Presidio335xi
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335xi coupe
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: San Francisco

Posts: 412
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by idspeedskater
Quote:
Originally Posted by iloseguitarpicks View Post
bump! any updates?
I'm loving it so far , absolutely loving it, even on the crap 91 pump here in CA.

I've been practicing my 60-130 technique with the new clutch and power level, looking for a decent location that doesn't take hours to get to, and have been enjoying the car the few chances I get to open it up and stretch its legs or throw it around the twisty roads in the hills. I'll take requests for video you want to see or driving impressions, but still need to work with Shiv and FFTEC to get NLS enabled and make sure we are set for better gas before chasing any 60-130 records

Not too much launching so the TC limits aren't being pushed, and not nearly as much time spent in the car as I would like due to work and family commitments. I'm hoping to get some more runs in this weekend or possibly one of these evenings
If you are looking to drive on Sunday let me know for a local meet. Might have a gtr buddy up for a drive.

Plus I'd like to get upsold on a bigger turbo(s)
__________________
335xi: 6MT: 35% Tint: V5 Rev. 3: FlexFuel: LPFP Upgrade: PWM Meth: Spec 2+ SMFW: AST 4100: Catless DPs: DCI: IC: Forge DVs: Modifed CDV: V1
Presidio335xi is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-22-2013, 09:13 PM   #139
idspeedskater
Idaho Transplant
 
Drives: 2007 335xi
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Redwood City, CA

Posts: 156
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Presidio335xi View Post
If you are looking to drive on Sunday let me know for a local meet. Might have a gtr buddy up for a drive.

Plus I'd like to get upsold on a bigger turbo(s)
I can't this Sunday, plans with the wife and friends, but will be out and about after an early run in Big Basin tomorrow. I'll shoot you a PM. Both Sat and Sun afternoon next week work
__________________
07 335xi Monaco Blue | FFTEC/Vishnu Single Turbo | Procede Rev 3 | Spec Stage 2+ Clutch | Spec Aluminum Flywheel | ETS FMIC | HKS Legamax Exhaust | Vishnu PWM Meth
idspeedskater is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-23-2013, 05:06 PM   #140
idspeedskater
Idaho Transplant
 
Drives: 2007 335xi
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Redwood City, CA

Posts: 156
iTrader: (0)

Annnnnnnnnd we're down for another weekend... requested videos sometime this week if I can cheat a few long lunches

__________________
07 335xi Monaco Blue | FFTEC/Vishnu Single Turbo | Procede Rev 3 | Spec Stage 2+ Clutch | Spec Aluminum Flywheel | ETS FMIC | HKS Legamax Exhaust | Vishnu PWM Meth
idspeedskater is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-23-2013, 05:15 PM   #141
BEAR-AvHistory
2014 435M-Sport/MPPK
 
BEAR-AvHistory's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 435M-Sport MPPK
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NC - USA

Posts: 2,247
iTrader: (0)

Great shot - dead center
__________________
Kevin

2014 435M-Sport MPPK - 2013 135is Cab 6MT - 2009 V-Star - 2009 Ford Expedition EL 4X4 - 2003 Xterra 4X4 - 1998 Ranger 4X4 - FFR Cobra MK-IV work in progress
BEAR-AvHistory is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-23-2013, 05:20 PM   #142
idspeedskater
Idaho Transplant
 
Drives: 2007 335xi
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Redwood City, CA

Posts: 156
iTrader: (0)

Marksmanship at its best
__________________
07 335xi Monaco Blue | FFTEC/Vishnu Single Turbo | Procede Rev 3 | Spec Stage 2+ Clutch | Spec Aluminum Flywheel | ETS FMIC | HKS Legamax Exhaust | Vishnu PWM Meth
idspeedskater is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-23-2013, 05:21 PM   #143
enrita
Major General
 
enrita's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i - Big turbos
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Italian in Sweden

Posts: 7,323
iTrader: (0)

2 is better than one .....
__________________
07 335i AT - TD St.2 Turbos - COBB (Custom Cobb mapping by http://www.protuningfreaks.com/) - JB4G5 ISO - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - E85 Walbro - Injen Intake - Helix IC - Snow Stg. 3 - Stett CP - AR DPs - midpipes 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - Level 10 AT upgrade - Alpina AT Flash
enrita is offline   Sweden
0
Reply With Quote
      03-23-2013, 05:25 PM   #144
iDriveSlo
Captain
 
iDriveSlo's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i Coupe M-Sport Lemans blue
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: United States

Posts: 682
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Vargas must have been sitting on the grassy knoll! lmao
__________________
2009 E92 M-Sport 6AT PTF Pro Tune Vargas Stage 2
iDriveSlo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-23-2013, 05:30 PM   #145
Vargasturbotech
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Vargasturbotech's Avatar
 
Drives: N54
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: USA

Posts: 1,156
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by idspeedskater View Post
I'm loving it so far , absolutely loving it, even on the crap 91 pump here in CA.

I've been practicing my 60-130 technique with the new clutch and power level, looking for a decent location that doesn't take hours to get to, and have been enjoying the car the few chances I get to open it up and stretch its legs or throw it around the twisty roads in the hills. I'll take requests for video you want to see or driving impressions, but still need to work with Shiv and FFTEC to get NLS enabled and make sure we are set for better gas before chasing any 60-130 records

Not too much launching so the TC limits aren't being pushed, and not nearly as much time spent in the car as I would like due to work and family commitments. I'm hoping to get some more runs in this weekend or possibly one of these evenings
Best place in the bay area to do any type of tuning or test runs is in Oakland. Wide open, lite up all night like a football field, cops do not care, and there are no shortages of people stopping by for street racing which makes for fun spectating. Pm me, if you want more details on location etc.
Vargasturbotech is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-23-2013, 08:46 PM   #146
Dave W.
Lieutenant
 
Drives: Porsche 951, 1992 Eagle Talon
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: SF Bay Area

Posts: 478
iTrader: (0)

You're talking about the Oakland Speedway? It's slightly illegal. The local news ran a feature on it but they didn't include date, time, or any good info. They just said 'street racing is bad, MMMkay?'
youtube.com/watch?v=u09f4eDU6UM

Last edited by Dave W.; 03-23-2013 at 09:10 PM.
Dave W. is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-23-2013, 08:52 PM   #147
Vargasturbotech
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Vargasturbotech's Avatar
 
Drives: N54
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: USA

Posts: 1,156
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave W. View Post
[u2b][/u2b]you're talking about the Oakland Speedway? It's slightly illegal. The local news ran a feature on it but they didn't include date, time, or any good info. They just said 'street racing is bad, MMMkay?'
[u2b]www.youtube.com/watch?v=u09f4eDU6UM&list=UUuUCjhZPW6ubn6hNEuGQk1Q[/u2b]
if by slightly illegal you mean cops watching the street races, and sitting at stop signs as I blow through them at 130 doing 4th gear pulls. Then yes I guess that's slightly illegal...

Last edited by Vargasturbotech; 03-23-2013 at 09:03 PM.
Vargasturbotech is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-23-2013, 09:22 PM   #148
Continue5
Private First Class
 
Drives: 5-thirty-5
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Chicago

Posts: 128
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by idspeedskater View Post
Annnnnnnnnd we're down for another weekend... requested videos sometime this week if I can cheat a few long lunches

Did the tow truck pull your car from the control arms? Not sure if it is from the picture but if it is I would be very careful they tend to bend when pulled like that.
Continue5 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-23-2013, 09:30 PM   #149
trbolexis
Private
 
Drives: Lexus IS300
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: CA

Posts: 73
iTrader: (0)

Dave -

They have began tolerating the racing, as it is finally somewhat recognized as being "out of the way/safe". Police have began shutting the street down to regular traffic to attempt to keep the racing, which will never stop, more safe.

So yes, it is actually, slowly, becoming 'legal'
trbolexis is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-23-2013, 09:37 PM   #150
Dave W.
Lieutenant
 
Drives: Porsche 951, 1992 Eagle Talon
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: SF Bay Area

Posts: 478
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trbolexis View Post
Dave -

They have began tolerating the racing, as it is finally somewhat recognized as being "out of the way/safe". Police have began shutting the street down to regular traffic to attempt to keep the racing, which will never stop, more safe.

So yes, it is actually, slowly, becoming 'legal'
oh my! I gotta put my race car back together!
I don't really look like a narc, do I?
Dave W. is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-06-2013, 12:26 PM   #151
iloseguitarpicks
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2007 E90 335Xi
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NJ

Posts: 558
iTrader: (9)

bump for more videos
__________________
-335xi---Innotech Exhaust---AR 3" Catless---Pro tuned---HPF FMIC---ER Chargepipe---KW V1---Injen DCI---BMW Performance Front Bumper, Rear Spoiler & Door Sills---Vorsteiner wheels---much more-
iloseguitarpicks is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-06-2013, 01:04 PM   #152
idspeedskater
Idaho Transplant
 
Drives: 2007 335xi
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Redwood City, CA

Posts: 156
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloseguitarpicks
bump for more videos
In Florida for a wedding this weekend, but wife is traveling for work the next couple weeks and I should have time to get out with the car and camera
__________________
07 335xi Monaco Blue | FFTEC/Vishnu Single Turbo | Procede Rev 3 | Spec Stage 2+ Clutch | Spec Aluminum Flywheel | ETS FMIC | HKS Legamax Exhaust | Vishnu PWM Meth
idspeedskater is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-24-2013, 10:13 PM   #153
knissel
Private
 
knissel's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335xi AT
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH

Posts: 96
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335xi  [0.00]
Can you please take this to the dragstrip? I am dying to know how fast this thing is in 1/4 mile.
knissel is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-26-2013, 06:04 PM   #154
e92tt1986
Lieutenant
 
e92tt1986's Avatar
 
Drives: e92
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Greece

Posts: 408
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by knissel View Post
Can you please take this to the dragstrip? I am dying to know how fast this thing is in 1/4 mile.
e92tt1986 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:06 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST