E90Post
 


E92-lighting
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > New Owner!!!!



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-19-2013, 04:14 PM   #1
photonic
New Member
 
Drives: bmw 335
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: bloomington indiana

Posts: 25
iTrader: (0)

New Owner!!!!

Please welcome your latest 3 series coupe owner...Me! Pics to come soon (I promise). Specs: 2008 335xi weather,sports and premium package with idrive, 55K miles. Jet Black-ext Carmel (Beige)-int

Some questions...

Satellite prepared-(no clue what this entails...I have the shark fin on top but no 'SAT' options in menu). Is the receiver installed? Options list says Sat prepared....

Ipod cable in glove cmptmnt (but phone not recognized when I plug it in, no CDC in Audio menu). Lost... Is this most likely just plugged into the back of the receiver without a reprogram of the radio?

(btw, posted this in my '3 stages of ownership...' thread)

Thanks
photonic is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-19-2013, 04:19 PM   #2
wwc310
Second Lieutenant
 
wwc310's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 288
iTrader: (0)

Plug your iphone into the slot located in the center console. Should resolve your connectivity issue

i'm pretty sure sat prepared means the wiring is there but the receiver is not.
__________________
2011 335i e92 (BSM and Coral Red) - Premium Package, M-Sport, Convenience, Harman Kardon, Navigation Apps, Heated seats, Style 230 19in RFTs

JB4 Stage 2
wwc310 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-19-2013, 04:40 PM   #3
photonic
New Member
 
Drives: bmw 335
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: bloomington indiana

Posts: 25
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wchilds310 View Post
Plug your iphone into the slot located in the center console. Should resolve your connectivity issue

i'm pretty sure sat prepared means the wiring is there but the receiver is not.
I don't have a usb slot in the center console. Just the 3.5 aux...
photonic is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-19-2013, 04:50 PM   #4
CruzS4e92
Lieutenant
 
CruzS4e92's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 E92 328i coupe
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Horsham, PA/Sea Isle City, NJ

Posts: 414
iTrader: (0)

you need the split cable from the dealership that plugs into the USB AND the aux jack for it to recognize your ipod/phone, it's ridiculous.
__________________

'09 328i coupe 6MT Sport
SG/CR - BMW SSK/alcantara boot - 30% Llumar - Shadowline - BBS Style 197 - LUX H8 V3 LEDs - OEM Aero Lip
CruzS4e92 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-19-2013, 05:00 PM   #5
BOBKUR
Major
 
Drives: 2008 E 90
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: CALIFORNIA

Posts: 1,343
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by photonic View Post
Please welcome your latest 3 series coupe owner...Me! Pics to come soon (I promise). Specs: 2008 335xi weather,sports and premium package with idrive, 55K miles. Jet Black-ext Carmel (Beige)-int

Some questions...

Satellite prepared-(no clue what this entails...I have the shark fin on top but no 'SAT' options in menu). Is the receiver installed? Options list says Sat prepared....

Ipod cable in glove cmptmnt (but phone not recognized when I plug it in, no CDC in Audio menu). Lost... Is this most likely just plugged into the back of the receiver without a reprogram of the radio?

(btw, posted this in my '3 stages of ownership...' thread)

Thanks
You have the wiring for Sirrius/ XM, all you need is the receiver and programing.
BOBKUR is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-19-2013, 05:56 PM   #6
rorkor
Second Lieutenant
 
rorkor's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 E90 N52 6MT
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: here

Posts: 278
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2010 E70 X5 35d  [5.00]
2011 E90 328i  [5.00]
Without pics, your car doesn't exist.... lol
__________________
rorkor is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-19-2013, 08:57 PM   #7
photonic
New Member
 
Drives: bmw 335
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: bloomington indiana

Posts: 25
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruzS4e92 View Post
you need the split cable from the dealership that plugs into the USB AND the aux jack for it to recognize your ipod/phone, it's ridiculous.
Hey Cruz, I don't have the usb/aux combo in the center console. Just the aux port in the center with an ipod cord in the glove box....
photonic is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-19-2013, 10:26 PM   #8
fazi13
Private
 
Drives: 2008 335i Manual
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: SF Bay Area

Posts: 80
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by photonic View Post
Hey Cruz, I don't have the usb/aux combo in the center console. Just the aux port in the center with an ipod cord in the glove box....
iPod cable in the glove box is probably an aftermarket add-on since OEM will be a USB port only in the center arm rest. With the aftermarket systems they're sometimes wired into the CD player or something. I know for sure that the USB/AUX cables weren't implemented until LCI which is 09 for sedan and 10 for coupe I believe.
fazi13 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-20-2013, 10:38 AM   #9
photonic
New Member
 
Drives: bmw 335
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: bloomington indiana

Posts: 25
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazi13 View Post
iPod cable in the glove box is probably an aftermarket add-on since OEM will be a USB port only in the center arm rest. With the aftermarket systems they're sometimes wired into the CD player or something. I know for sure that the USB/AUX cables weren't implemented until LCI which is 09 for sedan and 10 for coupe I believe.
Roger that. Thanks for the info. Wondering if i should do the another aftermarket mod or or go full-bore and do the CIC retrofit. I've had this beast less than 48 hours and I'm already talking mods. Ha!
photonic is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-20-2013, 10:50 AM   #10
BOBKUR
Major
 
Drives: 2008 E 90
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: CALIFORNIA

Posts: 1,343
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazi13 View Post
iPod cable in the glove box is probably an aftermarket add-on since OEM will be a USB port only in the center arm rest. With the aftermarket systems they're sometimes wired into the CD player or something. I know for sure that the USB/AUX cables weren't implemented until LCI which is 09 for sedan and 10 for coupe I believe.
I have it on an 08 328 Option# 6FLA USB/AUDIO INTERFACE.
BOBKUR is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-20-2013, 11:06 AM   #11
CruzS4e92
Lieutenant
 
CruzS4e92's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 E92 328i coupe
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Horsham, PA/Sea Isle City, NJ

Posts: 414
iTrader: (0)

it isn't LCI only. my car is an '09 coupe and it has USB/aux in the console. It may be different if you have idrive, which i don't
__________________

'09 328i coupe 6MT Sport
SG/CR - BMW SSK/alcantara boot - 30% Llumar - Shadowline - BBS Style 197 - LUX H8 V3 LEDs - OEM Aero Lip
CruzS4e92 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-20-2013, 11:13 AM   #12
zanye08
2008 BMW 328XI Coupe Crimson Red/Coral
 
Drives: 2008 BMW 328XI Coupe CR/CR
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Yonkers, NY

Posts: 52
iTrader: (0)

I have seen many 2007's with USB/AUX input under the armrest. I owned one for all of 10 days before I got my 2008. Seems weird just aux in and USB/IPOD in glove compartment,
you may have to trace that IPOD cable..for now get an aux cable and see what happens. Would suck if you still need both like the normal set up..Then you would have to snake a aux cable from your armrest to you glovebox.
zanye08 is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-20-2013, 11:26 AM   #13
marine24
Private
 
Drives: 07 335i
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Southern California

Posts: 81
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
The USB/ Aux in the center console will only be present if the car had the 6FL package installed during production. I had an 07 e90 that had it but my current 07 e92 does not. You have to get either the ipod interface from BMW (about $350+install) or go aftermarket. Most say the aftermarket is better due to having more features
marine24 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-21-2013, 12:01 AM   #14
photonic
New Member
 
Drives: bmw 335
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: bloomington indiana

Posts: 25
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marine24 View Post
The USB/ Aux in the center console will only be present if the car had the 6FL package installed during production. I had an 07 e90 that had it but my current 07 e92 does not. You have to get either the ipod interface from BMW (about $350+install) or go aftermarket. Most say the aftermarket is better due to having more features
Copy all. Thanks guys. Yeah I'd guess it's an aftermarket Ipod cable. It's black if that helps...

Aux in the center console works fine but kinda wish I had control of my playlist through idrive. Also, surprised the bluetooth connection in Idrive connects to my phone but won't allow music to be played through the bt connection. Assuming an aftermarket box will take care of that too? Any recommendations btw on an aftermarket?

Thanks again
photonic is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:50 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST