E90Post
 


Lux Angel Eyes
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > $60 Angel Eye Upgrade



Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-05-2013, 08:50 PM   #23
blackbeast06
adrenergic stimulation
blackbeast06's Avatar
United_States
7
Rep
321
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 E92 335i
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Akron

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
i had these on my e90 for two years and they looked awesome. i now have an e92 and am considering these again. i would like to see pics on an e92 if anyone has them.
__________________
07 335i. Montego Blue/Saddle Brown. 6 MT.

[IMG]
bm insta by senntera, on Flickr[/IMG]
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2013, 10:19 PM   #24
Xpander
Private First Class
Xpander's Avatar
United_States
3
Rep
115
Posts

 
Drives: N51,LCI,M-Sport,6MT
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NorCal

iTrader: (0)

I ordered a pair of these. Hopefully they'll last as long as some people mention.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2013, 11:36 AM   #25
Pylon
First Lieutenant
Pylon's Avatar
Canada
6
Rep
300
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 BMW 335i
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto, Ontario

iTrader: (0)

Seriously considering these ones.

http://www.bmwled.net/one-pair-e92-20watts-led-marker

Wonder if these are the same as DTEC CREE LEDs
__________________
2009 E92 335i M-Sport | Alpine White | Navi | Audiophille | 19" 225M Rims
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2013, 12:51 PM   #26
DoctorTwinTurbo
Enlisted Member
United_States
0
Rep
37
Posts

 
Drives: 09 e92 335i 6MT
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Diamond Bar, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pylon
Seriously considering these ones.

http://www.bmwled.net/one-pair-e92-20watts-led-marker

Wonder if these are the same as DTEC CREE LEDs
I am thinking of buying those as well. It's possible that many of the vendors that are selling these "new" 20w CREE LEDs get them from the same original supplier.

I emailed the guy and he was very prompt with responses and answered all my questions, namely:

1) any heat issues if all components are in the headlight?
Nope, run cooler than halogen oem

2) radio interference or light error codes?
Nope, guaranteed no codes or interference

3) Is there really a 1yr warranty?
Yes sir (he really did say yes sir)

I would love to see pictures of these on an e92 before I pull the trigger. For $70 seems a little too good to be true... :
__________________
|09 335i Coupe|Titanium Silver|Sport|19" style 230s|Prem|Nav|Comfort|Heat|Ipod|
Mods: Custom driver seat ass groove (so far)
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2013, 02:48 PM   #27
Collanrf
Major
Collanrf's Avatar
Philippines
17
Rep
1,100
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 335i, Alpine White M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to Collanrf Send a message via Yahoo to Collanrf
I bought one from him about a year ago. I got mine for $49.00. Nice quality still working until now. No errors.
__________________
/// 2011 E90 335i M SPORT, ALPINE WHITE/// STEPTRONIC /// ZENON HEADLIGHTS/// 35% TINTS ALL AROUND /// 19 INCH BBS LM REPS ///BLACKED OUT ROUNDELS /// BLACK OUT GRILLS/// ACS ROOF SPOILER /// M3 REAR SPOILER /// LTMW INSTALLED (VOLLKOMMEN) M SPORT FRONT LIP /// BMS INTAKE///
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2013, 06:15 PM   #28
gtaccord
Major
United_States
14
Rep
1,119
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 BMW 335xi
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (7)

Garage List
Just pulled the trigger on these. I guess I will find out first hand.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2013, 07:22 PM   #29
blackbeast06
adrenergic stimulation
blackbeast06's Avatar
United_States
7
Rep
321
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 E92 335i
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Akron

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorTwinTurbo View Post
I would love to see pictures of these on an e92 before I pull the trigger. For $70 seems a little too good to be true... :
That's what I thought when I bought them for my e90 and they were great. But we all know that the e92 is a whole different setup.
__________________
07 335i. Montego Blue/Saddle Brown. 6 MT.

[IMG]
bm insta by senntera, on Flickr[/IMG]
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2013, 08:42 PM   #30
ssmith96
Banned
United_States
16
Rep
1,040
Posts

 
Drives: 07 328xi
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to ssmith96
So, to be clear, my base 328xi with cold weather package will not work with this correct? I've seen so many conflicting discussions on whether or not these LED's work with halogen.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2013, 09:36 PM   #31
blackbeast06
adrenergic stimulation
blackbeast06's Avatar
United_States
7
Rep
321
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 E92 335i
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Akron

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmith96 View Post
So, to be clear, my base 328xi with cold weather package will not work with this correct? I've seen so many conflicting discussions on whether or not these LED's work with halogen.
Coupes vs sedans use different bulbs to light the angel eyes. If you don't have xenon head lights (aka hid's) then you don't have angel eyes. These bulbs are for the angel eyes only.

Edit:e90 LCI models with halogens (non-xenons) do have angel eyes.
__________________
07 335i. Montego Blue/Saddle Brown. 6 MT.

[IMG]
bm insta by senntera, on Flickr[/IMG]

Last edited by blackbeast06; 03-11-2013 at 01:15 PM.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2013, 09:42 PM   #32
ssmith96
Banned
United_States
16
Rep
1,040
Posts

 
Drives: 07 328xi
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to ssmith96
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbeast06 View Post
Coupes vs sedans use different bulbs to light the angel eyes. If you don't have xenon head lights (aka hid's) then you don't have angel eyes. These bulbs are for the angel eyes only.

Thank you, I assume i don't have those because I have piss yellow lights that turn on instantly when the car turns on. I think I will put in the Phillips Xtreme vision H7's, they seem to be a good and easy upgrade with a whiter light.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2013, 04:45 AM   #33
TMKP
Private First Class
1
Rep
105
Posts

 
Drives: N55 E92
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (0)

What's the difference between the set you bought and

http://www.bmwled.net/white-angel-ey...30-325-e90-e91

?
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2013, 05:52 AM   #34
MartyM
Banned
0
Rep
25
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 6MT M3
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (0)

Looks interesting
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2013, 10:11 AM   #35
roccob1123
Second Lieutenant
roccob1123's Avatar
2
Rep
219
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 BMW 328xi Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: CT

iTrader: (0)

Im 2 seconds away from buying the e92 angel eyes whats the difference?
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2013, 10:55 AM   #36
JasonDCarton
Captain
JasonDCarton's Avatar
United_States
15
Rep
759
Posts

 
Drives: BMW E90
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 BMW E90  [4.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimGrey3 View Post
What's the difference between the set you bought and

http://www.bmwled.net/white-angel-ey...30-325-e90-e91

?
Those are 6W mine is 10W
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2013, 04:57 AM   #37
TMKP
Private First Class
1
Rep
105
Posts

 
Drives: N55 E92
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (0)

JasonDCarton,


So when you refer that you found a seller that sells strong quality bulbs, are you referring to yourself?

After viewing the site, and clicking the link for installation instructions. It seems that the car being displayed is no other than your own car.....
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2013, 03:10 PM   #38
JasonDCarton
Captain
JasonDCarton's Avatar
United_States
15
Rep
759
Posts

 
Drives: BMW E90
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 BMW E90  [4.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimGrey3 View Post
JasonDCarton,


So when you refer that you found a seller that sells strong quality bulbs, are you referring to yourself?

After viewing the site, and clicking the link for installation instructions. It seems that the car being displayed is no other than your own car.....
I took pictures of my install for an installation guide for him and his website, so yes that is my car on his installation guide. I am in no way affiliated with him. Just thought I would post on E90post to share my good find, but thanks for the concern
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2013, 03:30 PM   #39
napeHbNYC
Captain
United_States
6
Rep
617
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 E90 335 RWD 6MT
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: NY,NY

iTrader: (6)

Ordered a set of 20w for my e90 lci. Will report back.
__________________
2010 Alpine White E90 335i RWD 6MT M/Premium/Cold
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2013, 03:57 AM   #40
TMKP
Private First Class
1
Rep
105
Posts

 
Drives: N55 E92
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonDCarton View Post
I took pictures of my install for an installation guide for him and his website, so yes that is my car on his installation guide. I am in no way affiliated with him. Just thought I would post on E90post to share my good find, but thanks for the concern
Thanks for clarifying that.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2013, 02:36 PM   #41
Xpander
Private First Class
Xpander's Avatar
United_States
3
Rep
115
Posts

 
Drives: N51,LCI,M-Sport,6MT
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NorCal

iTrader: (0)

So i installed the 20 watt ones in my e90 lci with xenons. It was a royal pain in the ass to install. Took at least two hours and my fingers are all scratched up. On the passenger side I had to remove the intake box to gain access.

The one thing I didn't like about these is that the fins screw in to the LED bulb body. So on the driver's side when you tighten the bulb into the light housing, you rotate it opposite of fin thread so the fins become loose during tightening. I didn't want to jam the aluminum thread out of fear of stripping it. After several tries I just did the best I could and hopefully it'll hold. Eventually I may end up using thread glue/lock.

The brightness is pretty good at dusk and in the dark and matches my xenon color temperature much more than oem. But in direct sunlight I can see the inner rings and barely the outer ones which is what I expected. They are nowhere near e92 lci halos

Overall I'm pretty happy for the price and the 1 year warranty.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2013, 08:25 PM   #42
DoctorTwinTurbo
Enlisted Member
United_States
0
Rep
37
Posts

 
Drives: 09 e92 335i 6MT
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Diamond Bar, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpander
So i installed the 20 watt ones in my e90 lci with xenons. It was a royal pain in the ass to install. Took at least two hours and my fingers are all scratched up. On the passenger side I had to remove the intake box to gain access.

The one thing I didn't like about these is that the fins screw in to the LED bulb body. So on the driver's side when you tighten the bulb into the light housing, you rotate it opposite of fin thread so the fins become loose during tightening. I didn't want to jam the aluminum thread out of fear of stripping it. After several tries I just did the best I could and hopefully it'll hold. Eventually I may end up using thread glue/lock.

The brightness is pretty good at dusk and in the dark and matches my xenon color temperature much more than oem. But in direct sunlight I can see the inner rings and barely the outer ones which is what I expected. They are nowhere near e92 lci halos

Overall I'm pretty happy for the price and the 1 year warranty.
Thanks for the honest review. Anyone with e92 have any comments on these?
__________________
|09 335i Coupe|Titanium Silver|Sport|19" style 230s|Prem|Nav|Comfort|Heat|Ipod|
Mods: Custom driver seat ass groove (so far)
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2013, 12:53 AM   #43
CBET
New Member
CBET's Avatar
1
Rep
15
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 BMW 328i
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: San diego

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonDCarton
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorTwinTurbo View Post
Seems like people have had good experiences with this vendor. OP, any reason you opted for the 10w set when the 20w set is only $10 more? Seems like a lot of the vendors here on the forums have these "new" 20w Cree led AEs ranging from $80-150, safe to guess these are all likely from the same original supplier/manufacturer and function about the same?

Main question I and others likely have is if these kits have heat issues in the light housing and if there is any radio interference? If these check out, then with a 1yr warranty and literally 25% the cost of LUX...it's a non decision ( even if the brightness is marginally less than LUX imo )
Quote:
Originally Posted by roccob1123 View Post
Wondering the same thing.
Sorry to just now get back to you. The reason I got the 10w is because that is the only one offered for E90... the 20W is E92, otherwise I would of purchased those, especially for a mere 10$ difference. As for heat issues, the bulbs have a lot of resistors on them and I have so far not had a problem. I cannot say for sure though because I have had them for a short time. Maybe some of the other customers can chime in. However if there is a heat problem, it is bound to happen within a year I would assume which would be covered under the warranty. Also sorry what do you mean by radio interference? If you're thinking codes it does not throw any codes, just flicker at start up when the car does the bulb check around the car.
I installed this angel eyes about a month and last week the passenger side stopped working for 3 days then now it working again. Also you can not view them under direct sunlight.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2013, 06:27 PM   #44
MikeBlaszczak
Private
United_States
1
Rep
60
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 BMW M3 Coupe
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Mercer Island, Washington

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
The prices look great, but I'm completely baffled by the broken English on the website. Which do I order for a 2010 M3 coupe with adaptive headlamps?
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:03 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST