E90Post

Bimmer Retrofit

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Activating All Tail Light Lights

02-23-2013, 02:06 AM   #1
StealthFish
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Drives: 335i E92 (Crimson Fury)

Activating All Tail Light Lights

I just replaced my tail lights to LCI tail lights and I am trying to test check all of the lights. I can turn on all of the lights except for the inner upper tail light. How do I get it to come on? On the non LCI, the manual says that it is the "brake force" light, what is that and how can I get it to come on?
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2013, 02:47 AM   #2
skinrock
Agent Smith
Rep

Drives: 2013 Fusion AWD

Garage List
2007 335i  [3.45]
To quote another site:

"The extra lighting is triggered after the anti-lock brake sensors detect a rate of deceleration in excess of 5 m/second. As an example of the force of the braking, at 5 m/second, a briefcase placed on a car seat would accelerate off the seat onto the floor.

The system reacts within a few tenths of a second to increase the intensity of the stoplight illumination, projecting a highly visible warning beacon to following traffic.

Only deceleration forces trigger Brake Force Display, not simply pedal pressure, in order to avoid unnecessary illumination."

Not sure if you can trigger it manually, but that's what it is.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2013, 01:42 PM   #3
BOBKUR
Major
Rep

Drives: 2008 E 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthFish View Post
I just replaced my tail lights to LCI tail lights and I am trying to test check all of the lights. I can turn on all of the lights except for the inner upper tail light. How do I get it to come on? On the non LCI, the manual says that it is the "brake force" light, what is that and how can I get it to come on?
Also works with rear fog lights which you need to replace headlight switch with euro type.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2013, 06:19 PM   #4
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
United_States
Rep

Drives: 09 E92 328iX N51 3-Stage

Garage List
As previously mentioned, only way you can get them to light up is either by driving, then slamming the brakes on in a panic stop (which obviously you're not gonna be able to see), or installing the Euro Main Light Switch with Rear Fogs option.

Either will light them up, & they are brighter than your regular brake lights. In the case of them being used as rear fogs, they come on and stay on till you turn them off - meant to make your car much more visible from behind in heavy fog...
2009 328ix E92//SGM//ACS Roof Spoiler//MTech Aero Lip+Trunk Spoiler//M3 Side Skirts//CF Roundels+Grilles//M3 Novillo Interior//Perf Shift Lever+Boot//MPerf DCT Wheel//M3 GT3 eBrake Handle+Boot//ACS Pedals//M3 Mirrors//LCI Tails w/LUX Rev//DTEC V7 AE+MTec 6000K D1S+HPB HID 6000K Fogs//HPB LED Interior//RPI Scoops//CF Euro Airbox+Underhood Hsgs//K&N//BMW PE//MTech Rear Bumper-iS Sport Diffuser//CF Strut Brace//Vishnu OFT//BMW 193M's+Kumho 4X
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2013, 10:58 PM   #5
StealthFish
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Drives: 335i E92 (Crimson Fury)

^---Thanks everyone. Just got my new LCI tails coded. I guess I can live without it being on for testing purposes.
Appreciate 0