E90Post
 


TireRack
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > All-Wheel-Drive (Xi / xDrive) Talk > Slammed e90 xi thread



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-18-2013, 12:31 PM   #45
Lammmmbert
Private
1
Rep
58
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 325xi
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Murfreesboro, TN

iTrader: (0)

Alright folks. Picked up some 162s last night and lowered it all the way down... It's honestly not low enough for me. So I will be picking up some h&rs if the Megan guy doesn't respond. The rear is at half and the front is all the way down. They still ride good for being all the way down.






Appreciate 0
      04-18-2013, 02:13 PM   #46
Goldenc717
Private First Class
Goldenc717's Avatar
1
Rep
109
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 E90 335xi
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Lebanon, PA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lammmmbert View Post
Alright folks. Picked up some 162s last night and lowered it all the way down... It's honestly not low enough for me. So I will be picking up some h&rs if the Megan guy doesn't respond. The rear is at half and the front is all the way down. They still ride good for being all the way down.






Looks just a tad higher then my H&R coilovers. I was hoping they would go lower lol.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2013, 02:18 PM   #47
Lammmmbert
Private
1
Rep
58
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 325xi
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Murfreesboro, TN

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenc717 View Post
Looks just a tad higher then my H&R coilovers. I was hoping they would go lower lol.
Me too.lol Sucks that we can't find any coils for xis to go lower.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2013, 08:24 AM   #48
jafza412
First Lieutenant
9
Rep
337
Posts

 
Drives: 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Madison, WI

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Here are some pics I took this past weekend of my E92 xDrive with KW V1s. The front has about two threads left and the rears have about three left.

This may be completely old news and common knowledge, BUT one thing I noticed was the car doesn't sit as low as some others with KW V1s and it sounds like other people have experienced the same thing, however, the xDrive version won't drop as much as non-xDrive. If certain people are saying they are two threads from the bottom and are sitting lower than you, might be worth double checking whether they are running xDrive or not.

non-xDrive:
Front Lowering: 1.2" to 2.3"
Rear Lowering: 0.9" to 2.1"

xDrive:
Front Lowering: 0.6" to 1.8"
Rear Lowering: 0.6" to 1.8"









__________________

2010 e92 335i xDrive | AW on Coral | ZPP | ZMP | ZCW | Nav | Logic7
KW V1 | Cobb | BMW Performance Exhaust | Alpina Tranny Flash | Lux V3 and Weisslicht
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2013, 09:05 AM   #49
EuroSpec27
Private First Class
EuroSpec27's Avatar
United_States
1
Rep
160
Posts

 
Drives: 335i Coupe
Join Date: May 2011
Location: North Jersey

iTrader: (4)

^ Very nice drop IMO!
__________________
euro.techniks

Appreciate 0
      04-22-2013, 09:24 AM   #50
phozenstone
Brigadier General
phozenstone's Avatar
87
Rep
4,926
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 E92 Montego Blue
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NY

iTrader: (71)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jafza412 View Post
Here are some pics I took this past weekend of my E92 xDrive with KW V1s. The front has about two threads left and the rears have about three left.

This may be completely old news and common knowledge, BUT one thing I noticed was the car doesn't sit as low as some others with KW V1s and it sounds like other people have experienced the same thing, however, the xDrive version won't drop as much as non-xDrive. If certain people are saying they are two threads from the bottom and are sitting lower than you, might be worth double checking whether they are running xDrive or not.

non-xDrive:
Front Lowering: 1.2" to 2.3"
Rear Lowering: 0.9" to 2.1"

xDrive:
Front Lowering: 0.6" to 1.8"
Rear Lowering: 0.6" to 1.8"









The front looks awfully high for having only two threads left. I have about 6-7 threads left and its lower than that.
__________________
E92 Xdrive / Montego Blue / M3 Black Novillo Leather / OEM 351M 19" Wheels / Mtech Rear w/ IS Diffuser / Aero Lip / LCI Tailights / M3 Steering Wheel w/Paddles / 40% Huper Optik / Lux V3 / 4300K HID Fogs / Dynavin N6 / 3 Stage Intake Manifold / Magnaflow Dual Exhaust Conversion 4" Tips / K&N Filter w/ charcoal delete / Active Autowerke Stage 2 Tune / KW V1 Coilovers / BMW Performance Strut Bar
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2013, 04:41 PM   #51
jafza412
First Lieutenant
9
Rep
337
Posts

 
Drives: 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Madison, WI

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroSpec27 View Post
^ Very nice drop IMO!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phozenstone View Post
The front looks awfully high for having only two threads left. I have about 6-7 threads left and its lower than that.
Hmmm, well that's not good. Are you running stock wheels/tires? I wish I had measured the gap but it was well over an inch, and now there is almost none. I think I am probably sitting ~1.5" lower, which would be in line the lowering spec.

Does anyone know of common failure modes during this install that could result in variation across drops? I have had these on for about two weeks now, so I am not sure how much further they will settle. I've read several people with similar issue where their drop doesn't match others, I wonder what's up.

Here is a "before and after" pic, the perspective is a little off but you can see a pretty significant drop.
Attached Images
 
__________________

2010 e92 335i xDrive | AW on Coral | ZPP | ZMP | ZCW | Nav | Logic7
KW V1 | Cobb | BMW Performance Exhaust | Alpina Tranny Flash | Lux V3 and Weisslicht
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2013, 09:35 PM   #52
phozenstone
Brigadier General
phozenstone's Avatar
87
Rep
4,926
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 E92 Montego Blue
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NY

iTrader: (71)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jafza412 View Post
Thanks!



Hmmm, well that's not good. Are you running stock wheels/tires? I wish I had measured the gap but it was well over an inch, and now there is almost none. I think I am probably sitting ~1.5" lower, which would be in line the lowering spec.

Does anyone know of common failure modes during this install that could result in variation across drops? I have had these on for about two weeks now, so I am not sure how much further they will settle. I've read several people with similar issue where their drop doesn't match others, I wonder what's up.

Here is a "before and after" pic, the perspective is a little off but you can see a pretty significant drop.

I'm on OEM 220's which are 19's.


__________________
E92 Xdrive / Montego Blue / M3 Black Novillo Leather / OEM 351M 19" Wheels / Mtech Rear w/ IS Diffuser / Aero Lip / LCI Tailights / M3 Steering Wheel w/Paddles / 40% Huper Optik / Lux V3 / 4300K HID Fogs / Dynavin N6 / 3 Stage Intake Manifold / Magnaflow Dual Exhaust Conversion 4" Tips / K&N Filter w/ charcoal delete / Active Autowerke Stage 2 Tune / KW V1 Coilovers / BMW Performance Strut Bar
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 04:37 PM   #53
Shinzi
Lieutenant
6
Rep
437
Posts

 
Drives: 335XI
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Georgia

iTrader: (1)

I have the same prob as OP. This is me ALL the way down on V1's

__________________

08' Atlantic Blue Metallic 335XI
SC7 19's / KW V1 / JB4 / BMS DCI / Wrapped!
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 11:28 PM   #54
CWysong
tuned n dropped 335xi
3
Rep
309
Posts

 
Drives: '09 335i Xdrive e90
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Dayton, Ohio

iTrader: (2)

I have kwv1s that are being installed on Monday, what should I have the shop install them at? I want to drop it as far as I can go, but i see 2 others at 2 threads and 7-8 threads each that look the same height?

Will have pics up here as soon as possible for my kwv1s!
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2013, 12:04 AM   #55
Down_Shift
Second Lieutenant
2
Rep
274
Posts

 
Drives: Slay
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beantown

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinzi View Post
I have the same prob as OP. This is me ALL the way down on V1's



I'm all the way down and I still have about a finger and a half.. wtf
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2013, 09:39 AM   #56
BCeagle08
Banned
1
Rep
118
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 E92 xDrive 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinzi View Post
I have the same prob as OP. This is me ALL the way down on V1's

lol that's a "problem" ? That's a perfect drop. Why would you want to go any lower than that?
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2013, 10:11 AM   #57
Shinzi
Lieutenant
6
Rep
437
Posts

 
Drives: 335XI
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Georgia

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCeagle08 View Post
lol that's a "problem" ? That's a perfect drop. Why would you want to go any lower than that?
Because racecar.



Ok.. but really, it needs a bit more low..
__________________

08' Atlantic Blue Metallic 335XI
SC7 19's / KW V1 / JB4 / BMS DCI / Wrapped!
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2013, 09:08 PM   #58
SuckMy_Nick
Red Liner
SuckMy_Nick's Avatar
United_States
2
Rep
186
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335i XDrive
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Boston

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinzi
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCeagle08 View Post
lol that's a "problem" ? That's a perfect drop. Why would you want to go any lower than that?
Because racecar.



Ok.. but really, it needs a bit more low..
+1
__________________
07' E92 328xi (First BMW)
09' E92 335xi (Current Car)
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2013, 11:49 PM   #59
giaolong
Second Lieutenant
giaolong's Avatar
2
Rep
271
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335xi, Genesis, IS300
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Virginia Beach, VA

iTrader: (2)

Will people even learn that the bump stop is what keeping ur coilover from going lower....like another .75"?

Here is mine which is raised .75"-1" from the lowest setting i had for 2 days since i was bottoming out driving anywhere.

DSC_0019 by thulinhlun, on Flickr
__________________
09 BMW 335xi e92
-KW-M6 Wheels-Toyo-Mtech-RSD-
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2013, 12:45 AM   #60
Amini77
Brigadier General
Amini77's Avatar
United_States
61
Rep
4,597
Posts

 
Drives: SGM E90 330xi
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Tarzana, CA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2006 330XI  [3.75]
got another pic

__________________

instagram: amini77
| KW V1 | LCI rear | 359m Style | Michelin PSS | AA Stage 2 | Gruppe M | Remus | Mtech Rear | M3 Front |
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2013, 03:45 PM   #61
CWysong
tuned n dropped 335xi
3
Rep
309
Posts

 
Drives: '09 335i Xdrive e90
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Dayton, Ohio

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by giaolong View Post
Will people even learn that the bump stop is what keeping ur coilover from going lower....like another .75"?

Here is mine which is raised .75"-1" from the lowest setting i had for 2 days since i was bottoming out driving anywhere.

DSC_0019 by thulinhlun, on Flickr
What can be done about the bumpstops?
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2013, 04:28 PM   #62
phozenstone
Brigadier General
phozenstone's Avatar
87
Rep
4,926
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 E92 Montego Blue
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NY

iTrader: (71)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWysong View Post
What can be done about the bumpstops?

Take it out
__________________
E92 Xdrive / Montego Blue / M3 Black Novillo Leather / OEM 351M 19" Wheels / Mtech Rear w/ IS Diffuser / Aero Lip / LCI Tailights / M3 Steering Wheel w/Paddles / 40% Huper Optik / Lux V3 / 4300K HID Fogs / Dynavin N6 / 3 Stage Intake Manifold / Magnaflow Dual Exhaust Conversion 4" Tips / K&N Filter w/ charcoal delete / Active Autowerke Stage 2 Tune / KW V1 Coilovers / BMW Performance Strut Bar
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2013, 08:11 AM   #63
illifili
Enlisted Member
United_States
1
Rep
46
Posts

 
Drives: n55 e92 & n54 e90
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: new jersey

iTrader: (2)

heres my xi on kw v1. front and rear can still go lower.
__________________
2003 suzuka blue turbo s2000 (sold)
2007 e90 aw 335xi
2011 e92 bsm 335i xdrive
2006 digital silver cbr600rr (sold)
2006 gsx-r 600
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2013, 10:40 AM   #64
CWysong
tuned n dropped 335xi
3
Rep
309
Posts

 
Drives: '09 335i Xdrive e90
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Dayton, Ohio

iTrader: (2)

KW V1 Freshly Installe

Photos as promised! KW v1ís installed last night. The back is down to 2 threads, and the front is 5-6 threads. I am going to get spacers, and will adjust the ride height then. It looks like the fronts can go down a bit and I might need to actually raise up the rears to get the wheels flush.



Appreciate 0
      05-04-2013, 02:03 PM   #65
ZhengHai
Lieutenant
ZhengHai's Avatar
7
Rep
510
Posts

 
Drives: E90
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: AV, California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by illifili View Post
heres my xi on kw v1. front and rear can still go lower.
Geeze! How do you still have threads left on the front?? Did you remove your bump stops?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2013, 04:35 PM   #66
corasdad
Lieutenant
corasdad's Avatar
United Kingdom
7
Rep
546
Posts

 
Drives: m sport 320d
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Lancashire

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yiboi View Post
Lower with H&R Coilovers
M355 wheels
love them wheels
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:10 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST