E90Post

ECS BMW

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Burned Angel Eye

02-25-2013, 02:48 AM   #1
2nice89
Banned

Drives: 2007 e92 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.50]
Burned Angel Eye

had the car for 2yrs and and when i bought it, it came with hid angel eyes. i dont know how long it has been in the car but now i had to get a new headlight due to an accident and i just noticed that the left angel eye is completely burned from the heat of the bulb and its changed color...if i changed the bulb it wouldnt matter bcuz the ring itself is burned. i know how to bake open the headlight, does anyone know if the clear inner angel eye is sold by itself? jus asking because i like the hid setup and dont feel like paying hundreds for aftermarket rings like oss.
Attached Images

2nice89 is offline   United_States
      02-25-2013, 12:12 PM   #2
LuxAngelEyes
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

Drives: 2006 325xi, Sparkling Graphite

That is sometimes the side effects of HID angel eyes. They product too much heat and causes the plastic rings to discolor. There is nothing you can do to reverse this other then replace the headlights. I would recommend not running HID lights in your new headlight or else the same thing will happen.
LuxAngelEyes is offline   United_States
      02-25-2013, 12:18 PM   #3
2nice89
Banned

Drives: 2007 e92 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxAngelEyes
That is sometimes the side effects of HID angel eyes. They product too much heat and causes the plastic rings to discolor. There is nothing you can do to reverse this other then replace the headlights. I would recommend not running HID lights in your new headlight or else the same thing will happen.
So theres no way i can buy there small inner clear ring? I kno it comes loose and then i can change my setup from there, this would save me from paying $500 plus for a headlight
2nice89 is offline   United_States
      02-25-2013, 12:35 PM   #4
LuxAngelEyes
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

Drives: 2006 325xi, Sparkling Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by O2nice View Post
So theres no way i can buy there small inner clear ring? I kno it comes loose and then i can change my setup from there, this would save me from paying $500 plus for a headlight
No its part of the headlight and you cant purchase that seperatly. You could look for a junk headlight on e-bay and swap the internals yourself, but that would be risky.
LuxAngelEyes is offline   United_States