Extreme Power House
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > DIY Guides > Name this part/cap? Help

Tutorial Tools Search this Tutorial
Name this part/cap? Help
Published by Pittsburger
Name this part/cap? Help

I dropped a plastic cap under my hood while doing a belt, tensioner replacement and after opening the plastic covering under the hood, I found a mystery rubber part. I imagine that the mechanic must have dropped a rubber cap or something. Wondering where in the car it belongs?

Does anyone recognize what this is and where it belongs?

One end is hemispherical shaped with a hole in the center, other end is flat and has 8 holes circling a center hole as shown in picture.

Please help thanks!
Tutorial Tools
Attached Images
By Pittsburger on 08-13-2014, 11:30 AM
Member reviews
Difficulty [ 1 = Difficult ]
Cost [ 1 = Expensive ]
DIY Clarity [ 1 = Not clear ]
Average 20%

Rubber hemisphere found its home under the air box.
I must have pushed it loose when I was moving the air box around to do the accessories belt replacement.
Attached Images
Reply With Quote


Tutorial Tools Search this Tutorial
Search this Tutorial:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:40 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST