E90Post
 


GT Haus
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > 335d boost gauge



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-06-2013, 11:25 PM   #23
diaz92376
Second Lieutenant
 
diaz92376's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335d
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: So Cal I.E

Posts: 249
iTrader: (1)

ecs tuning has one also saw it with a vent kit but cant seem to find it now. but the gauge itself is 140.
diaz92376 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-07-2013, 12:53 AM   #24
Wrecker335d
Wondering what to do..
 
Wrecker335d's Avatar
 
Drives: like a cock
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Quantico or Long Island

Posts: 515
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by diaz92376
ecs tuning has one also saw it with a vent kit but cant seem to find it now. but the gauge itself is 140.
http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E90-335d-M57_3.0L/Interior/Gauges/ES2594694/

I think I found it. Although I think a vent boost gauge like this kind of looks out of place. I'd probably find another place to mount it. Now to just figure out where to tap into.
__________________
Mods: JBD, 35% tint, Wagner Intercooler, Bilstien B12 Kit, M3 Control Arms

OEF Veteran
Wrecker335d is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-07-2013, 05:42 AM   #25
Puerto Rican 335d
Colonel
 
Puerto Rican 335d's Avatar
 
Drives: Montego Blue 335d
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Puerto Rico

Posts: 2,490
iTrader: (0)

video SPECIFICALLY states for the 335i NOT our 335ds unless it can work but for the price I love it!!!
__________________
RENNtech Flash/WAGNER IC
VMR710 19"/Execuhitch Hitch/Koni FSD
Soft Ride Bike Rack
Amsoil Cetane Boost Diesel Fuel Additive
Amsoil Diesel Fuel Additive Concentrate
Puerto Rican 335d is offline   Puerto Rico
0
Reply With Quote
      03-07-2013, 12:01 PM   #26
diaz92376
Second Lieutenant
 
diaz92376's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335d
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: So Cal I.E

Posts: 249
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puerto Rican 335d View Post
video SPECIFICALLY states for the 335i NOT our 335ds unless it can work but for the price I love it!!!
That vent kit says for the 335i but this gauge is for the 335d m57 but im guessing the vent would be the same.
http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E90-335...ges/ES2594694/
diaz92376 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-07-2013, 12:43 PM   #27
Puerto Rican 335d
Colonel
 
Puerto Rican 335d's Avatar
 
Drives: Montego Blue 335d
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Puerto Rico

Posts: 2,490
iTrader: (0)

Ok being that i have a challenge here for me I called ECS a few minutes ago and spoke to DAVE. I advised him i had 2011 335d and that I did not know where to connect it he told me that since DIESELS dont have vaccum I would have to connect it SOMEWHERE in the intake:

(Duh!! Hello here, Im buying a product from u and you dont know where Im supposed to connect it, it says in your WEBSITE its made for a BMW 45mm Boost Gauge Kit BMW E90 335d M57 3.0L, WTF!! ECS)

Anyway DAVE was very nice and admitted to me that he did not know where to actually connect it but advised it was more intended to a 335i and NOT a DIESEL. ok amigos so where the F does this connection go? Anyone please!!
__________________
RENNtech Flash/WAGNER IC
VMR710 19"/Execuhitch Hitch/Koni FSD
Soft Ride Bike Rack
Amsoil Cetane Boost Diesel Fuel Additive
Amsoil Diesel Fuel Additive Concentrate
Puerto Rican 335d is offline   Puerto Rico
0
Reply With Quote
      03-07-2013, 01:30 PM   #28
diaz92376
Second Lieutenant
 
diaz92376's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335d
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: So Cal I.E

Posts: 249
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puerto Rican 335d View Post
Ok being that i have a challenge here for me I called ECS a few minutes ago and spoke to DAVE. I advised him i had 2011 335d and that I did not know where to connect it he told me that since DIESELS dont have vaccum I would have to connect it SOMEWHERE in the intake:

(Duh!! Hello here, Im buying a product from u and you dont know where Im supposed to connect it, it says in your WEBSITE its made for a BMW 45mm Boost Gauge Kit BMW E90 335d M57 3.0L, WTF!! ECS)

Anyway DAVE was very nice and admitted to me that he did not know where to actually connect it but advised it was more intended to a 335i and NOT a DIESEL. ok amigos so where the F does this connection go? Anyone please!!
I would like to know also!! If it works and at that price its a great buy.
diaz92376 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-07-2013, 02:12 PM   #29
hrc630
Private
 
Drives: BMW 335d 2009
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Quebec, Canada

Posts: 86
iTrader: (0)

I will check this week-end, it cant be that complicated....
I have put one in a VW diesel and its no different than a normal turbo car.
hrc630 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-07-2013, 03:25 PM   #30
Puerto Rican 335d
Colonel
 
Puerto Rican 335d's Avatar
 
Drives: Montego Blue 335d
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Puerto Rico

Posts: 2,490
iTrader: (0)

Diaz I hope hrc630 can get it work im next on yhe list Buuyyaaa!!!!
Puerto Rican 335d is offline   Puerto Rico
0
Reply With Quote
      03-07-2013, 09:05 PM   #31
diaz92376
Second Lieutenant
 
diaz92376's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335d
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: So Cal I.E

Posts: 249
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrc630 View Post
I will check this week-end, it cant be that complicated....
I have put one in a VW diesel and its no different than a normal turbo car.
Let us know how it goes. I would like to buy one if it can work with our car.
diaz92376 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-08-2013, 05:51 AM   #32
Puerto Rican 335d
Colonel
 
Puerto Rican 335d's Avatar
 
Drives: Montego Blue 335d
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Puerto Rico

Posts: 2,490
iTrader: (0)

hrc let us know ok
__________________
RENNtech Flash/WAGNER IC
VMR710 19"/Execuhitch Hitch/Koni FSD
Soft Ride Bike Rack
Amsoil Cetane Boost Diesel Fuel Additive
Amsoil Diesel Fuel Additive Concentrate
Puerto Rican 335d is offline   Puerto Rico
0
Reply With Quote
      03-08-2013, 08:59 AM   #33
hrc630
Private
 
Drives: BMW 335d 2009
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Quebec, Canada

Posts: 86
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puerto Rican 335d View Post
hrc let us know ok
Yes, i will work on that saturday .
hrc630 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-08-2013, 09:06 AM   #34
Puerto Rican 335d
Colonel
 
Puerto Rican 335d's Avatar
 
Drives: Montego Blue 335d
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Puerto Rico

Posts: 2,490
iTrader: (0)

send me a txt to my cell 787-459-4518 when done
__________________
RENNtech Flash/WAGNER IC
VMR710 19"/Execuhitch Hitch/Koni FSD
Soft Ride Bike Rack
Amsoil Cetane Boost Diesel Fuel Additive
Amsoil Diesel Fuel Additive Concentrate
Puerto Rican 335d is offline   Puerto Rico
0
Reply With Quote
      03-08-2013, 05:00 PM   #35
fongboy
Private
 
fongboy's Avatar
 
Drives: AW 2010 335d non-sport, JBD
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: greenwich ct

Posts: 123
iTrader: (0)

Im new to this. Would we have to tap into the charge pipe (#12) to get a boost reading? I'm about to buy another charge pipe and use it for testing. It seems this is the best place to tap into. Let me know what you guys think.
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...88&hg=11&fg=40
__________________
JBD 90%, 50% Tint-Sportline CS.16 18" -3M Carbon Fiber Trim Wrap- M3 Style Trunk Lip
fongboy is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-09-2013, 07:50 AM   #36
TDIwyse
Captain
 
Drives: 2011 335d
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: MidWest

Posts: 969
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fongboy View Post
Im new to this. Would we have to tap into the charge pipe (#12) to get a boost reading? I'm about to buy another charge pipe and use it for testing. It seems this is the best place to tap into. Let me know what you guys think.
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...88&hg=11&fg=40
That would be a good option. That pipe is where I drilled/taped and installed a water injection nozzle.
TDIwyse is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-09-2013, 02:23 PM   #37
Kaylin032
Private
 
Kaylin032's Avatar
 
Drives: E93 M3 and 335d
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Dallas TX

Posts: 99
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
http://www.insideperformance.de/onlineshop/product_info.php/products_id/215

Says it reads boost for diesel. Maybe email them?
Kaylin032 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-10-2013, 08:34 PM   #38
diaz92376
Second Lieutenant
 
diaz92376's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335d
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: So Cal I.E

Posts: 249
iTrader: (1)

the price is high and its in euros!! Any word on the gauge hrc?
diaz92376 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-10-2013, 08:51 PM   #39
GreekboyD
Colonel
 
Drives: 2009 BMW 335d
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada

Posts: 2,413
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 BMW 335d  [4.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylin032 View Post
http://www.insideperformance.de/onlineshop/product_info.php/products_id/215

Says it reads boost for diesel. Maybe email them?
That looks insane

GreekboyD is online now   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-11-2013, 06:28 AM   #40
Puerto Rican 335d
Colonel
 
Puerto Rican 335d's Avatar
 
Drives: Montego Blue 335d
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Puerto Rico

Posts: 2,490
iTrader: (0)

hrc you are MIA!!!
__________________
RENNtech Flash/WAGNER IC
VMR710 19"/Execuhitch Hitch/Koni FSD
Soft Ride Bike Rack
Amsoil Cetane Boost Diesel Fuel Additive
Amsoil Diesel Fuel Additive Concentrate
Puerto Rican 335d is offline   Puerto Rico
0
Reply With Quote
      03-11-2013, 08:29 AM   #41
hrc630
Private
 
Drives: BMW 335d 2009
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Quebec, Canada

Posts: 86
iTrader: (0)

I have not find any vaccum that have boost ... but i have installed a small 1/8 nipple fitting on the piping and it work perfectly. No more than $2 and only 30 minutes to do that. I have made the test with a old boost gauge. Just need to buy the ECS Tuning this morning and i will install it as soon as i receive it.

Really easy job.
hrc630 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-11-2013, 03:14 PM   #42
diaz92376
Second Lieutenant
 
diaz92376's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335d
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: So Cal I.E

Posts: 249
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrc630 View Post
I have not find any vaccum that have boost ... but i have installed a small 1/8 nipple fitting on the piping and it work perfectly. No more than $2 and only 30 minutes to do that. I have made the test with a old boost gauge. Just need to buy the ECS Tuning this morning and i will install it as soon as i receive it.

Really easy job.
Nice!!! your going to have to let us know the details.
diaz92376 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-12-2013, 10:33 AM   #43
Puerto Rican 335d
Colonel
 
Puerto Rican 335d's Avatar
 
Drives: Montego Blue 335d
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Puerto Rico

Posts: 2,490
iTrader: (0)

im interested hrc send video
__________________
RENNtech Flash/WAGNER IC
VMR710 19"/Execuhitch Hitch/Koni FSD
Soft Ride Bike Rack
Amsoil Cetane Boost Diesel Fuel Additive
Amsoil Diesel Fuel Additive Concentrate
Puerto Rican 335d is offline   Puerto Rico
0
Reply With Quote
      03-15-2013, 03:11 PM   #44
fongboy
Private
 
fongboy's Avatar
 
Drives: AW 2010 335d non-sport, JBD
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: greenwich ct

Posts: 123
iTrader: (0)

any updates on this? what pipe did you exactly tap into?
__________________
JBD 90%, 50% Tint-Sportline CS.16 18" -3M Carbon Fiber Trim Wrap- M3 Style Trunk Lip
fongboy is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:43 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST