E90Post
 


VIBE Motorsports
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Help, how to remove e92 doorhandle?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-24-2012, 05:19 PM   #1
AW335OME
Captain
AW335OME's Avatar
United_States
18
Rep
868
Posts

 
Drives: MATTE BLACK 335is
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Central Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Help, how to remove e92 doorhandle?

Currently in the process of wrapping my car, and I spent an hour or so trying to search for a DIY or process on removing the exterior doorhandles safely. Wondering if anyone can send me a link to a write-up or can chime in with a quick explanation! Thanks
__________________
INSTAGRAM: BYZZNESS
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2012, 05:37 PM   #2
mashimarho
BMW Genius
mashimarho's Avatar
United_States
191
Rep
10,527
Posts

 
Drives: e92 LCI 335i xDrive™
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Grand Rapids, michigan

iTrader: (36)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AW335OME View Post
Currently in the process of wrapping my car, and I spent an hour or so trying to search for a DIY or process on removing the exterior doorhandles safely. Wondering if anyone can send me a link to a write-up or can chime in with a quick explanation! Thanks
Wondering the same..... Hahaha
__________________

My Progress: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=770326
Volk///ER///BMS///KW///VRSF///ARKYM///DD///CYBA///STOPTECH///BMW Performance ///
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2012, 05:44 PM   #3
skatenc123
Captain
skatenc123's Avatar
6
Rep
648
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 335i coupe
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NC

iTrader: (1)

im almost possitive you have to remove the inner door panel to do it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by AW335OME View Post
Currently in the process of wrapping my car, and I spent an hour or so trying to search for a DIY or process on removing the exterior doorhandles safely. Wondering if anyone can send me a link to a write-up or can chime in with a quick explanation! Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2012, 06:10 PM   #4
bucket328
Lieutenant
bucket328's Avatar
Canada
4
Rep
494
Posts

 
Drives: 07 328i
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Burlington CAN

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2007 BMW 328i  [5.00]
I know how, its kinda hard to explain thoughhhh/ i dont know how to explain it
__________________
07 328i
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2012, 06:26 PM   #5
AW335OME
Captain
AW335OME's Avatar
United_States
18
Rep
868
Posts

 
Drives: MATTE BLACK 335is
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Central Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Theres has to be SOMEONE who knows? lmao
__________________
INSTAGRAM: BYZZNESS
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2012, 07:15 PM   #6
pHo_e92
Captain
pHo_e92's Avatar
Canada
12
Rep
879
Posts

 
Drives: SGM e92
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 905

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [3.63]
2000 BMW 323i  [3.00]
1997 Honda Civic HB  [5.00]
2007 BMW X5 4.8  [5.00]
i assume this would be the first step
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=420379
__________________
08 335i | Space Gray | Burl Walnut Wood Trim | Sport pkg | Premium Pkg | LOGIC7 | Navi | Comfort Access

| COBB | Injen DCI | Active Autowerke | Sonic Tuning | E92 Lighting | ER | HKS | BMS | Ground Control | Vortex Tuning |
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2012, 10:12 PM   #7
Wilhelm
Private
0
Rep
78
Posts

 
Drives: 3281T
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: El Lay

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pHo_e92 View Post
i assume this would be the first step
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=420379
Yes, removing the cover is the first step, but the video actually shows how to remove the cover for an E90. An E92 is different, mainly as there is no side access plug.

See this link for some nice photos and a narrative to walk you through.

After the cover is off, pull the door handle out and slide it towards the back of the car while pulling it towards you. Be careful not to break the locator or damage the seals.
Name:  door handle2.jpg
Views: 3450
Size:  30.5 KB

If you have CA, the CAS control unit has to be reset when you're all finished with the reinstall.

FWIW I think you can do the wrap without removing the handles.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2012, 10:44 PM   #8
AW335OME
Captain
AW335OME's Avatar
United_States
18
Rep
868
Posts

 
Drives: MATTE BLACK 335is
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Central Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilhelm View Post
Yes, removing the cover is the first step, but the video actually shows how to remove the cover for an E90. An E92 is different, mainly as there is no side access plug.

See this link for some nice photos and a narrative to walk you through.

After the cover is off, pull the door handle out and slide it towards the back of the car while pulling it towards you. Be careful not to break the locator or damage the seals.
Attachment 681310

If you have CA, the CAS control unit has to be reset when you're all finished with the reinstall.

FWIW I think you can do the wrap without removing the handles.
Thanks for the link, actually very helpful. And for the wrap issue, handles will have to be removed for a seamless finish! Thanks again
__________________
INSTAGRAM: BYZZNESS
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2013, 04:57 PM   #9
ebeas17
Registered
United_States
0
Rep
1
Posts

 
Drives: 08 bmw 328xi
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Detroit Michigan

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW335OME View Post
Thanks for the link, actually very helpful. And for the wrap issue, handles will have to be removed for a seamless finish! Thanks again
Was it really as easy at pulling back n poping it out?
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:49 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST