E90Post
 


Bimmer Retrofit
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Need tow hook or spare tire by Monday!



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-02-2013, 06:06 PM   #1
tony3series
Private
 
Drives: 6mt 335i coupe BSM/coral red
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan

Posts: 55
iTrader: (1)

Need tow hook or spare tire by Monday!

Hit a pothole, blew out the sidewall on my front left tire. Non run flat tires. Luckily it happened right by my house so I was able to make it home. Got a flatbed tow truck to my house, tow truck driver couldn't figure out how to get the car hooked up. I mentioned the tow hook in the front of the car but my tow hook is nowhere to be found. (Just bought the car a month ago from Ma n Pop dealer. Previous owner must not have left it in car)

I need either a tow hook to tow the car on Monday or a spare tire that will fit my car so I can get to the tire shop Monday. Any suggestions where I can get either to me by Monday morning? Any place that carries them that'd be open tonight/tomorrow?

I was thinking about trying my wife's Cobalt SS spare tire just to see if it's work but chickened out. Don't wanna mess thigns up worse than they already are. I might just take the rim/tire off and bring it in Monday without the car, but then I'd have to borrow a car to get up there HaHa
tony3series is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-02-2013, 06:11 PM   #2
NormE91
Captain
 
Drives: 2007 BMW 328xi Touring
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Massachusetts

Posts: 629
iTrader: (0)

Why not take the wheel off and bring it to a tire shop?
NormE91 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-02-2013, 06:15 PM   #3
tony3series
Private
 
Drives: 6mt 335i coupe BSM/coral red
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan

Posts: 55
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormE91 View Post
Why not take the wheel off and bring it to a tire shop?
That's probably what I'll end up doing. Just thought I'd ask around and see if anyone knows a place where I could buy the tow hook on a Sunday. I checked Oreilleys, Autozone etc, they don't have em for BMW.
tony3series is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-02-2013, 06:36 PM   #4
MountainStone
Private
 
Drives: 08 335i Sedan
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Vegas, baby

Posts: 76
iTrader: (0)

Call a wrecking yard; tow eyes are the kind of things people leave in cars and i bet they'd only charge a minimal amount. FWIW, I'm pretty sure the tow eye for my Mercedes was the same size as the one for my BMW. Makes me wonder if they're all a standard size. Does your wife's Cobalt have a tow eye, and if so, have you tried it? Regardless, pick one up when you get the chance.

Taking the wheel off is prolly your cheapest option, though. Hope you didn't damage the wheel...
__________________
MountainStone is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-02-2013, 06:55 PM   #5
tony3series
Private
 
Drives: 6mt 335i coupe BSM/coral red
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan

Posts: 55
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainStone View Post
Call a wrecking yard; tow eyes are the kind of things people leave in cars and i bet they'd only charge a minimal amount. FWIW, I'm pretty sure the tow eye for my Mercedes was the same size as the one for my BMW. Makes me wonder if they're all a standard size. Does your wife's Cobalt have a tow eye, and if so, have you tried it? Regardless, pick one up when you get the chance.

Taking the wheel off is prolly your cheapest option, though. Hope you didn't damage the wheel...
That's a good idea, didn't think to call a wrecking yard. I'll give some a call tomorrow, if no dice then I'll just take the rim off and find a ride up to the tire shop. Thanks for the quick replies quys.
tony3series is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-02-2013, 07:05 PM   #6
BOBKUR
Major
 
Drives: 2008 E 90
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: CALIFORNIA

Posts: 1,350
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony3series View Post
Hit a pothole, blew out the sidewall on my front left tire. Non run flat tires. Luckily it happened right by my house so I was able to make it home. Got a flatbed tow truck to my house, tow truck driver couldn't figure out how to get the car hooked up. I mentioned the tow hook in the front of the car but my tow hook is nowhere to be found. (Just bought the car a month ago from Ma n Pop dealer. Previous owner must not have left it in car)

I need either a tow hook to tow the car on Monday or a spare tire that will fit my car so I can get to the tire shop Monday. Any suggestions where I can get either to me by Monday morning? Any place that carries them that'd be open tonight/tomorrow?

I was thinking about trying my wife's Cobalt SS spare tire just to see if it's work but chickened out. Don't wanna mess thigns up worse than they already are. I might just take the rim/tire off and bring it in Monday without the car, but then I'd have to borrow a car to get up there HaHa
Did you look in the tool storage compartment.
BOBKUR is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-02-2013, 09:08 PM   #7
BEAR-AvHistory
2014 435M-Sport/MPPK
 
BEAR-AvHistory's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 435M-Sport MPPK
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NC - USA

Posts: 2,247
iTrader: (0)

Seems like a lot of work to get a tire replaced. Just put the wheel in the Cobalt & take it in. That being said I would still get the tow hook if I did not have one.
__________________
Kevin

2014 435M-Sport MPPK - 2013 135is Cab 6MT - 2009 V-Star - 2009 Ford Expedition EL 4X4 - 2003 Xterra 4X4 - 1998 Ranger 4X4 - FFR Cobra MK-IV work in progress
BEAR-AvHistory is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-03-2013, 08:39 AM   #8
bumere90
Grozniy
 
Drives: Carless
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: FL

Posts: 2,600
iTrader: (12)

try craigslist
bumere90 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:06 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST