E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Nokya H8 6000k Angel Eyes

03-06-2013, 07:48 AM   #1
YBMB
Lieutenant

Drives: like James May

Nokya H8 6000k Angel Eyes

Hey everyone.

So I'm getting my angel eyes bulb replaced this Saturday at a shop. From what I believe they are Nokya H8 6000k angel eyes. So my question is does anybody have any experience with these lights and how reliable are they or better yet would you recommend them??

thanks.
YBMB is offline   Japan
      03-07-2013, 07:17 PM   #2
john16443
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 2011 335i

I bought the H8 Nokya's for my 2011 E90 AE's. Reliability is unknown as the install is new, but it should be no worse than average life for a regular bulb. Light output is better than stock, and light color is a crisper white. I'm pleased with them, and considering they were an ebay purchase, the price was good. Somewhat tempted to go CREE LED's, for a brighter AE, but probably will use the funds for something else.
      04-23-2014, 01:44 PM   #3
Basir
Complete BMW newbie

Drives: '07 E92 328i (S. Black/C. Red)

So one year on?
Basir is offline   Canada
      04-23-2014, 02:40 PM   #4
LuxAngelEyes
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

Drives: 2006 325xi, Sparkling Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by john16443 View Post
I bought the H8 Nokya's for my 2011 E90 AE's. Reliability is unknown as the install is new, but it should be no worse than average life for a regular bulb. Light output is better than stock, and light color is a crisper white. I'm pleased with them, and considering they were an ebay purchase, the price was good. Somewhat tempted to go CREE LED's, for a brighter AE, but probably will use the funds for something else.
IF they are using the same wattage bulb as stock then the light output will be much less actually. Essentially its the same filament but the Nokya uses a tint on the glass to block more of the yellow light which makes the light appear more blue. By blocking the yellow light you have less lumen output.
LuxAngelEyes is offline   United_States
      04-23-2014, 02:43 PM   #5
wdeerfield
A family of bimmers

Drives: 2009 e90 2011 f10

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxAngelEyes View Post
IF they are using the same wattage bulb as stock then the light output will be much less actually. Essentially its the same filament but the Nokya uses a tint on the glass to block more of the yellow light which makes the light appear more blue. By blocking the yellow light you have less lumen output.
a year old thread

2009 MBM 328| ZPP | ZSP | ZCW | CA | 6FL | NAV | XENONS | 18x8.5 VB3s ET30/25
2011 Jet Black 535i xdrive | ZPP | ZSP | ZCW | 6FL | NAV | 331s Square
wdeerfield is offline   United_States
      05-27-2014, 10:52 AM   #6
YBMB
Lieutenant

Drives: like James May

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxAngelEyes View Post
lol I completely forgot about this thread. I chose to get Lux Angel Eyes after worrying about Nokya's reliability issues. Lux's are bright and very reliable great buy!
YBMB is offline   Japan