E90Post

GTB Performance

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Sytner Harold Wood

03-18-2013, 03:03 PM   #1
IMF1990
Private
Rep

Drives: 2010 BMW 330i convertible

Thumbs down Sytner Harold Wood

I want to know what your guys thoughts are...

Last time I went into Sytner I got a crap service. I requested a basic task to be completed and it was never done.

I received a customer service email from BMW and absolutely trashed the dealer. I said I wouldn't use them again to get my point across, this was a lie as they are by far the closest dealer to me.

The "dealer principle" called me to apologise while I vented. He said next time I was in to ask for him.

Today I took my car into Sytner as my Engine Management Light was on. I asked for the dealer principle and he came out and shook my hand and tried to rebuild some kind of relationship saying they were going through a culture change.

He left me in charge of the previous incompetent service advisor who I trashed the last time.

She asked what was wrong with the car, I explained and said I still had two months warranty left. No problem she said.

I then explained my wiper blades were worn and queried if these were covered under warranty (I assumed not, but asked anyway).

No she said...

Well how much are they I said...

We will fit them for free she said...

Would you like me to go ahead...

Here is where I want your opinion...

My thought process was...

Who wouldn't want free wipers... So of course I said yes please...

I then get back to a bill of 35 for new wipers.. when I queried that she said they were free, she told me that she said she would fit them for free.

Yes that is true. Did she lead me up the garden path?

The monetary value is not what has upset me, its the fact that she intentionally tried to "mug me off" IMO.

*rant over*
      03-18-2013, 03:17 PM   #2
alex2364
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: F30 335i M Sport

Garage List
2014 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Well, I would've went back to the dealer principal and vented at him again for the misleading SA.
Appreciate 0