E90Post

N54Tuning.com

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > e91 m3 rep (flamesuit on)

11-10-2014, 04:55 PM   #1
Cro
Rep

Drives: 335d

e91 m3 rep (flamesuit on)

:P Hey guys,

New to the BMW scene, i've always been a frenchie and built a 5dr 182 on throttle bodies, more recently a megane powered 197 keeps me amused, so needless to say things that shouldn't have been built are exactly what is up my street.

Recently picked up a 335d and for the first time it wasn't me thats spent an extortionate amount of money on getting it modified

Here are a few of my cars in the last couple of years

The 182:

350z

s2000

The 197

Its build video

So needless to say i'm used to being hands on and doing all the work myself, this the first time I havn't so hopefully it doesn't bit me in the ass. Enough talking...

The 335d touring, full m3 rep

fancied something that munched the miles whilst nice and comfy when I need it to and something I can stick a load of gear in the back aswell.

Love the shape of sport brakes, touring and estates and while I wouldn't have minded an m5 touring in a short while this came up and initially the colour is exactly what had me look deeper into it.

It has some niggles that need sorted, mostly coding due to the upgrades and the owner hadn't a clue what was causing the fault codes so needless to say I got it at an excellent price

It's a 335d with every conceivable option from factory, then add to that the ridiculous amount of mods and upgrades, nearly all brand new bmw and all genuine items, as our good friend Jonny trant would say.... Somebody put in the rich time!

Looks wise its pretty much how I would have done it, in my true style of building things that should have come from the factory or shouldn't exist, just glad I didn't pay for everything this time!

If I plan on modding it then the clio needs to go so we'll see, but for now i'll just fix the niggles and enjoy the comfort, probably remove the m3 badges depending on how they have been attached

But enough chat, heres the specs and the photos

Exterior

M3 Rad Pack Holder

M3 Front bumper

M3 Black Edition Grills

M3 Front wings

M3 Bonnet

M3 Bi Xenon Headlights

M3 Rear bumper

M3 Wing mirrors

M3 Alloys

M3 exhaust

LCI bootlid

LCI rear lights

Widened arches to accommodate wheels and rear bumper

Bare metal re sprayvin BMW Individual Santorini Blue

Interior

M3 leather seats

M3 DCT gear knob

M3 Paddle shifts

M3 stitched leather steering wheel
M3 Dials

It's like a macbook with wheels, so hopefully i'll get some info from you guys on the coding and the ins and outs of everything BMW. Love it so far anyway
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2014, 05:11 PM   #2
Dan-
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: E92 335D, R6

Beautiful mate!! welcome along

Im with you on the French cars I've had my fair share, Cant beat them for fun Im now starting to upgrade my track 172 cup cammed/bodied to a R26 megane lump or dare i say as i hate them a VAG 1.8T lump.

2005 GSXR 600 - 22
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2014, 05:18 PM   #3
PJJD
Private
Rep

Drives: Working towards an e92 M-Sport

As soon as I seen the first picture I recognised it from the BMW-NI Facebook page Very nice car
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2014, 05:21 PM   #4
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: F10

I have seen this car on fleabay. I think it was up there for a while.
Glad that you are happy and bought a car as you wanted it to be.
Good luck with future plans.
      11-10-2014, 05:22 PM   #5
Cro
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJJD View Post
As soon as I seen the first picture I recognised it from the BMW-NI Facebook page Very nice car
Cheers mate, where is that? Don't think it was me that posted it anyway
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2014, 05:23 PM   #6
Cro
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkan00 View Post
I have seen this car on fleabay. I think it was up there for a while.
Glad that you are happy and bought a car as you wanted it to be.
Good luck with future plans.
Cheers, yeah its certainly got a few niggles but mostly coding issues because of the upgrades. So it definitely put people off... and meant I could pick it up for a steal

Be lovely when everything is sorted, just little things that would bug me
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2014, 05:28 PM   #7
old grey steve
335i E Maps Re Map, VRSF Catless DownPipes & More.
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: 335i SE

Welcome along, wow colourwise you wouldn't struggle to find it in the car park would you.... but modding is all about the individual and the direction they wish to take... if you like it I like it and from the pics you've supplied looks very smart, but as you say some may not like what the car currently looks like.

The only thing I'd work on is losing the M3 badge but its a comendable looking car
      11-10-2014, 05:36 PM   #8
PJJD
Private
Rep

Drives: Working towards an e92 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cro View Post
Cheers mate, where is that? Don't think it was me that posted it anyway
Sorry the page is NI-BMW. Somebody spotted it on the M2
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2014, 05:37 PM   #9
dest
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: 330d Msport Touring

I remember seeing it on eBay too, the only thing that I didn't think much to is the rear arches.
They just dont seem wide enough to put it off compared to the fronts.
Have they just been flared out a bit?
I wouldn't be able to resist getting them done with the correct panels.
Its a conversion I keep thinking about, especially as my mate has done many similar ones on B5 S4's to convert them into RS4 saloons.

As for the colour, I LOVE it
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2014, 05:46 PM   #10
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Cheers, yeah its certainly got a few niggles but mostly coding issues because of the upgrades. So it definitely put people off... and meant I could pick it up for a steal

Be lovely when everything is sorted, just little things that would bug me
Please add LCI roof rails in gloss black in to your list. Pre-LCI roof rails on that shinning car looks bit dull.

Personally, that colour and wheels put me off when I saw it first time. But again if you like it then its brilliant
      11-10-2014, 05:58 PM   #11
Arktis_Conviction
Captain
Rep

Drives: e90 330i. 6mt. ACS

I wouldn't put the M3 badges if it were my car, but beautiful. And stunning color
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2014, 06:13 PM   #12
Cro
Rep

Badges are def on the list for coming off.

Might sound silly but not knowing a thing about bmws I don't know if the badges in the wings are indicators or not and how I might cover them, maybe a wrap or paint. Things like the lci rails is great info, I'll be spending the next while working out what is/isn't lci, what fits etc.

One of the downsides of not having built this one is not knowing it inside out or having done the research

Last edited by Cro; 11-10-2014 at 07:17 PM.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2014, 06:17 PM   #13
dest
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: 330d Msport Touring

LCI rails would really finish it off nicely.
Unfortunately they are like hens teeth 2nd hand!
You can buy them as an official retro fit kit like this. You'd have to confirm if they are gloss or matt black though unless you'r happy to respray them

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-Genuin...item27e2f06576
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2014, 07:07 PM   #14
richk84
Lieutenant
England
Rep

Drives: e92 320d

Love the colour. They used it on the Limited Edition 500 m3s.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2014, 04:02 AM   #15
cupraraj
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: 330d E90 M Sport Auto

Garage List
seen that car on ebay for a very long time aswell. its a beauty though.
      11-11-2014, 04:29 AM   #16
DuckySpud
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: 320D Touring

As others have said, it really needs either LCI rails or remove the roof rails all together.

Other than that, the car looks really good to me! Maybe lower it a little bit more, but thats just me loving a low car haha.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2014, 07:49 AM   #17
Greg330
Captain
Rep

Drives: E92 335i

I like it! Big fan of that colour aswell...

Keep us posted how you get on with the niggles.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2014, 08:00 AM   #18
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Looking at the first photo, rear fog lights are on. I guess wiring is not altered correctly.
      11-11-2014, 08:26 AM   #19
cupraraj
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: 330d E90 M Sport Auto

Garage List
first thing i will do is change the clocks back to diesel clocks. petrol clocks in diesel clocks do not work very well and can cause failure in many things. many many AUDI S3 replicas around on TDI engines with genuine S3 clocks in. every one i spoke to had some problem and was told it was because of the S3 clocks.
      11-11-2014, 08:33 AM   #20
Cro
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkan00 View Post
Looking at the first photo, rear fog lights are on. I guess wiring is not altered correctly.
Not sure dude, i'm not sure which ones are fog, brake and rear lights. I get an error saying the reverse lights aren't working which I know that they don't. I assumed just a coding issue, but until i get them stripped i'll not be able to check the wiring. My lead and software should arrive by the weekend so I can get going on that then.

My front lights also have an error saying side light and full beam. Side lights definitely don't come on though full beam does work if the stalk is pushed away from you to keep it on. If it is pulled towards you then nothing happens, again I'm hoping just a coding issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupraraj View Post
first thing i will do is change the clocks back to diesel clocks. petrol clocks in diesel clocks do not work very well and can cause failure in many things. many many AUDI S3 replicas around on TDI engines with genuine S3 clocks in. every one i spoke to had some problem and was told it was because of the S3 clocks.
Really? apparently they were coded to work fine with the car, other than that i'm not sure but they seem to read fine. You could well be right so i'll keep an eye on it just incase
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2014, 09:46 AM   #21
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Not sure dude, i'm not sure which ones are fog, brake and rear lights. I get an error saying the reverse lights aren't working which I know that they don't. I assumed just a coding issue, but until i get them stripped i'll not be able to check the wiring. My lead and software should arrive by the weekend so I can get going on that then.

My front lights also have an error saying side light and full beam. Side lights definitely don't come on though full beam does work if the stalk is pushed away from you to keep it on. If it is pulled towards you then nothing happens, again I'm hoping just a coding issue.

Really? apparently they were coded to work fine with the car, other than that i'm not sure but they seem to read fine. You could well be right so i'll keep an eye on it just incase
Real lights (inner two) requires wiring arrangements. As you said start with coding and then take it from there onward.

I must say that you are brave enough to buy that car as God knows what has gone on that car and whats not.
I had another 330d converted to M3 from scotland and owner had multiple issues. M3 lights are different to E90/91 so I had to do a lot more work to make them work.
      11-11-2014, 10:13 AM   #22
Hulla the Hulla
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: E91 335d

Quote:
It's a 335d with every conceivable option from factory
I very much doubt it has but good luck with it, looks like a fun and interesting project. If BMW made an M3 Touring I would buy one in an instant !
Appreciate 0