Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

  E90Post
 


TireRack

   PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Will these tires fit on these wheels?



Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-16-2013, 04:08 AM   #1
Jurmz
Private First Class
2
Rep
142
Posts

 
Drives: SGM 330i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: SF/LA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Will these tires fit on these wheels?

Hey guys,

I found a pretty good deal on a set of VMR 710s 18x9 in front and 18x10 in rear. The only problem is that I have a very new set of Hankook V12s in Front Tire Size: 225/40-18 and Rear Tire Size: 255/35-18.

Will these tires work alright? I don't want to have to buy a new set of tires, but I don't want it to look ridiculous on my car either.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2013, 11:20 AM   #2
Jurmz
Private First Class
2
Rep
142
Posts

 
Drives: SGM 330i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: SF/LA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Anyone? I searched and I'm getting mixed answers :/
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2013, 11:35 AM   #3
hawaiianeze
Major Pain
hawaiianeze's Avatar
United_States
45
Rep
1,240
Posts

 
Drives: LCI E92 335i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurmz View Post
Hey guys,

I found a pretty good deal on a set of VMR 710s 18x9 in front and 18x10 in rear. The only problem is that I have a very new set of Hankook V12s in Front Tire Size: 225/40-18 and Rear Tire Size: 255/35-18.

Will these tires work alright? I don't want to have to buy a new set of tires, but I don't want it to look ridiculous on my car either.

Thanks
are you staying 18s or going to 19s? and I'm sure you could make it work
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2013, 11:46 AM   #4
MonacoBlueE90
Colonel
MonacoBlueE90's Avatar
Finland
28
Rep
2,401
Posts

 
Drives: BMW E90 Pre-LCI
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Europe

iTrader: (0)

Yes, those will work. 225/40/18 and 255/35/18 are factory sizes and you can use them with little bit wider wheels. Tyres are little bit "stretched", but how much depends on the tyre manufacturer. It's nothing major tho. Also the "stretch" will help you push the wheels more out.

Couple examples. Im sure you can find more examples if you google it.

225/40/18 on 18x9
http://tyrestretch.com/9_225_40_R18/

255/35/18 on 18x10
http://tyrestretch.com/10_255_35_R18/
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2013, 04:06 AM   #5
Hybrid For Life
Banned
Germany
43
Rep
2,119
Posts

 
Drives: Out of Spec
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Santa Barbara, CA

iTrader: (4)

Those will work easily, as long as you don't mind some stretch, nothing crazy though
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2013, 05:23 PM   #6
Jurmz
Private First Class
2
Rep
142
Posts

 
Drives: SGM 330i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: SF/LA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Thanks for the input guys! Would you pay $600 for a set of mint used 18 in VMRs? Also, I hear hankooks are narrower tires, will this affect anything?
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 01:45 AM   #7
MonacoBlueE90
Colonel
MonacoBlueE90's Avatar
Finland
28
Rep
2,401
Posts

 
Drives: BMW E90 Pre-LCI
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Europe

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurmz View Post
Thanks for the input guys! Would you pay $600 for a set of mint used 18 in VMRs? Also, I hear hankooks are narrower tires, will this affect anything?
Well it's 150$/wheel. I have no idea what brand new VMRs cost, but considering that the wheels are little bit wider than the basic setup.Price doesn't sound that bad.

What are the offsets on those wheels?

Well it doesn't really affect anything, except how it will stretch on the wheel. I have Hankook 235/40/18 on 9.5 wheel and it doesn't look bad.Which is about the same as 225/40 on 9.

http://i.imgur.com/2pfFn.jpg

As said before, depending on the offsets you can use spacers to push the wheels more closer to fender, because of those narrower tyres.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 01:54 AM   #8
Jurmz
Private First Class
2
Rep
142
Posts

 
Drives: SGM 330i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: SF/LA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonacoBlueE90 View Post
Well it's 150$/wheel. I have no idea what brand new VMRs cost, but considering that the wheels are little bit wider than the basic setup.Price doesn't sound that bad.

What are the offsets on those wheels?

Well it doesn't really affect anything, except how it will stretch on the wheel. I have Hankook 235/40/18 on 9.5 wheel and it doesn't look bad.Which is about the same as 225/40 on 9.

http://i.imgur.com/2pfFn.jpg

As said before, depending on the offsets you can use spacers to push the wheels more closer to fender, because of those narrower tyres.
I thought about it for too long and the wheels have been sold to someone else

Thank you so much for your help though, I really appreciate it!
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 02:04 AM   #9
MonacoBlueE90
Colonel
MonacoBlueE90's Avatar
Finland
28
Rep
2,401
Posts

 
Drives: BMW E90 Pre-LCI
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Europe

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurmz View Post
I thought about it for too long and the wheels have been sold to someone else

Thank you so much for your help though, I really appreciate it!
No problem. Well that's shame, time to find a new set.
__________________
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:47 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST