E90Post

Motormavericks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > How about Brakes?

03-21-2013, 01:45 AM   #23
335dM
Major

Drives: 335d m package

Quote:
Originally Posted by mact3333
to replace the rotors first would be absurd imho..........first swap out pads...ss lines dont make much difference...proper cooling is key on track...a good brake duct kit will out perform and caliper/rotor swap...rotors and calipers for show purposes only is another matter but I can understand that ...cause Brembo's do look sweet.

Now if you dont track, there is zero need to upgrade the brakes...the stopping power is very good on these cars, its the brake fade with repeated use that is the problem...this should only be an issue on the track...jmho of course...
Ss lines change pedal feel and response! There is improvement !!
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2013, 04:05 PM   #24
mact3333
Captain

Drives: 11' Audi S4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335dM View Post
Ss lines change pedal feel and response! There is improvement !!
disagree...I have had SS brake lines and I couldnt tell at all with street driving...now you can tell on the track with repeated hard braking but the spongy feel that you feel isnt really the ss/rubber brake line difference, it the brake fluid boiling...jmho of course...
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2013, 04:53 PM   #25
EYE4SPEED
Ex-Quattro Driver
United_States

Drives: E90 335d M-Sport LCI

I couldn't tell a difference after install SS lines either...
      03-22-2013, 09:32 AM   #26
335dM
Major

Drives: 335d m package

I may be wrong then!
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2013, 12:29 PM   #27
AzureHaze
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States

Drives: 2011 335d Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by mact3333 View Post
to replace the rotors first would be absurd imho..........first swap out pads...ss lines dont make much difference...proper cooling is key on track...a good brake duct kit will out perform and caliper/rotor swap...rotors and calipers for show purposes only is another matter but I can understand that ...cause Brembo's do look sweet.

Now if you dont track, there is zero need to upgrade the brakes...the stopping power is very good on these cars, its the brake fade with repeated use that is the problem...this should only be an issue on the track...jmho of course...
I second that. You're only fooling yourself if replacing the brake lines will make a difference when you're out on the tracks or even on the streets. Replacing the brake pads are the key. Honestly, the brake pads that come with our car are good enough. It would only make sense to me to invest in pricey Brembo pads for an //M series vehicle. Ceramics would be sweet...
Appreciate 0