E90Post
 


TireRack
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Florida > Walnut Blasting-South Florida



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-09-2012, 07:45 PM   #1
LivnLife31
Banned
United_States
5
Rep
421
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 E90 N54 TiAg
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2009 335i Sedan  [0.50]
Send a message via AIM to LivnLife31
Valve Cleaning-South Florida

Jayk877 and myself decided to go out on a limb and buy a compressor, media blaster, and walnuts to clean our intake valves. Both of our cars came out super clean and both cars are rev happy. I wanted to see if anyone in the area would be interested in having this done. It would be $325 for the first 5 people and $400 thereafter. PM me for more info** I have lowered the price to get this going! *N54 Only*

*****Pics on page 2*****

Last edited by LivnLife31; 05-12-2012 at 09:56 AM.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2012, 08:41 PM   #2
E90Company
Major General
E90Company's Avatar
No_Country
72
Rep
6,137
Posts

 
Drives: Car
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: FL

iTrader: (2)

So you are blasting real walnuts into my intake? :P
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2012, 08:25 AM   #3
jayk877
Lieutenant
jayk877's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
464
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 335i sport
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: South Florida (Coral Springs)

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Company View Post
So you are blasting real walnuts into my intake? :P
Only in your car! Wow join date is mar2012 and already have over 1000 posts..you must know a ton about e90s or you just post stupid comments on everything you read...a I'm leaning more towards the fact you just post on everything and make retarded comments. IE troll....
__________________
Current car- 2003 cobra S/C stockish

* previous cars
2007 335i e90 Jb4, downpipes, intake, magnaflow exhaust, 375+whp
2005 SRT4 big turbo built to hell.. 420+WHP in a 2700 pound car!
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2012, 10:44 AM   #4
E90Company
Major General
E90Company's Avatar
No_Country
72
Rep
6,137
Posts

 
Drives: Car
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: FL

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayk877 View Post
Only in your car! Wow join date is mar2012 and already have over 1000 posts..you must know a ton about e90s or you just post stupid comments on everything you read...a I'm leaning more towards the fact you just post on everything and make retarded comments. IE troll....
You know you can just look at my recent posts to find out the answer instead of trying to degrade me on a public thread.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2012, 11:16 AM   #5
NBK
Second Lieutenant
3
Rep
287
Posts

 
Drives: bazinga
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: bazinga

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayk877 View Post
Only in your car! Wow join date is mar2012 and already have over 1000 posts..you must know a ton about e90s or you just post stupid comments on everything you read...a I'm leaning more towards the fact you just post on everything and make retarded comments. IE troll....
coming from the one who thought he was going to get 400+ to clean intake valves...
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2012, 11:47 AM   #6
jayk877
Lieutenant
jayk877's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
464
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 335i sport
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: South Florida (Coral Springs)

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Company View Post
You know you can just look at my recent posts to find out the answer instead of trying to degrade me on a public thread.
Degrade? Far from making a point that if you not interested in the cleaning don't post smart remarks...obviously you should kno that its walnut shells since you have over a 1000 posts...
__________________
Current car- 2003 cobra S/C stockish

* previous cars
2007 335i e90 Jb4, downpipes, intake, magnaflow exhaust, 375+whp
2005 SRT4 big turbo built to hell.. 420+WHP in a 2700 pound car!
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2012, 11:51 AM   #7
jayk877
Lieutenant
jayk877's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
464
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 335i sport
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: South Florida (Coral Springs)

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBK View Post
coming from the one who thought he was going to get 400+ to clean intake valves...
For your info already did 2 cars for 400...lowered the price since we are really trying to increase interest...what would you charge? Have you ever cleaned your valves? Do you know the work that goes into it?
__________________
Current car- 2003 cobra S/C stockish

* previous cars
2007 335i e90 Jb4, downpipes, intake, magnaflow exhaust, 375+whp
2005 SRT4 big turbo built to hell.. 420+WHP in a 2700 pound car!
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2012, 03:41 PM   #8
NBK
Second Lieutenant
3
Rep
287
Posts

 
Drives: bazinga
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: bazinga

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayk877 View Post
For your info already did 2 cars for 400...lowered the price since we are really trying to increase interest...what would you charge? Have you ever cleaned your valves? Do you know the work that goes into it?
im sure those who paid 400 are so happy to hear you lowered the price right after theirs were done.

what would i charge? i dont really know, its not worth my time since i am not a mechanic.

have i cleaned my valves? no. do i know the work that goes into it? yes, and its not THAT much.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2012, 03:53 PM   #9
obert
Lieutenant Colonel
obert's Avatar
United_States
25
Rep
1,597
Posts

 
Drives: 08 E90 N54 335xi
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Seattle Wa

iTrader: (18)

A DIY with pictures on this would help
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2012, 03:57 PM   #10
monkey_wrench
Caught the Bimmer-Bug
monkey_wrench's Avatar
No_Country
10
Rep
660
Posts

 
Drives: '06 330i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Florida

iTrader: (10)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Can you please tell me how the valve cleaning works?
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2012, 04:02 PM   #11
NBK
Second Lieutenant
3
Rep
287
Posts

 
Drives: bazinga
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: bazinga

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey_wrench View Post
Can you please tell me how the valve cleaning works?
yeah tell us how it works!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2012, 05:24 PM   #12
obert
Lieutenant Colonel
obert's Avatar
United_States
25
Rep
1,597
Posts

 
Drives: 08 E90 N54 335xi
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Seattle Wa

iTrader: (18)

There are threads on what this does but no DIY with pictures and instructions. I know people are wanting to make money off of doing this service. But even with a DIY people will still need others to do this for them.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2012, 05:28 PM   #13
jayk877
Lieutenant
jayk877's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
464
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 335i sport
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: South Florida (Coral Springs)

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBK View Post
im sure those who paid 400 are so happy to hear you lowered the price right after theirs were done.

what would i charge? i dont really know, its not worth my time since i am not a mechanic.

have i cleaned my valves? no. do i know the work that goes into it? yes, and its not THAT much.

Actually they are personal friends of ours and didnt care that we lowered the price..they understand how it is to get things going and already have helped us get more ppl...if your not a mechanic and havent cleaned ur valves then how can you possible know the work that goes into it??? why dont you PM me and set up your cleaning...id be more than happy to show you the work that goes into it
__________________
Current car- 2003 cobra S/C stockish

* previous cars
2007 335i e90 Jb4, downpipes, intake, magnaflow exhaust, 375+whp
2005 SRT4 big turbo built to hell.. 420+WHP in a 2700 pound car!
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2012, 05:29 PM   #14
jayk877
Lieutenant
jayk877's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
464
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 335i sport
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: South Florida (Coral Springs)

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey_wrench View Post
Can you please tell me how the valve cleaning works?
PM me or livinglife for more info...just finished another person today and pics will be up later tonight to show you what we do! thanks
__________________
Current car- 2003 cobra S/C stockish

* previous cars
2007 335i e90 Jb4, downpipes, intake, magnaflow exhaust, 375+whp
2005 SRT4 big turbo built to hell.. 420+WHP in a 2700 pound car!
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2012, 05:55 PM   #15
E90Company
Major General
E90Company's Avatar
No_Country
72
Rep
6,137
Posts

 
Drives: Car
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: FL

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayk877 View Post
Actually they are personal friends of ours and didnt care that we lowered the price..they understand how it is to get things going and already have helped us get more ppl...if your not a mechanic and havent cleaned ur valves then how can you possible know the work that goes into it??? why dont you PM me and set up your cleaning...id be more than happy to show you the work that goes into it
Settle down. You don't have to be a mechanic to know how something works. That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. You need to chill with your comments towards other members.

So you are telling us that you have to be a mechanic to know how to change oil? Please...
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2012, 06:02 PM   #16
jayk877
Lieutenant
jayk877's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
464
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 335i sport
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: South Florida (Coral Springs)

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Company View Post
Settle down. You don't have to be a mechanic to know how something works. That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. You need to chill with your comments towards other members.

So you are telling us that you have to be a mechanic to know how to change oil? Please...
dude what are you talking about...no one said anything about having to be a mechanic..maybe you should read before you post..his comment was ignorant to the fact that he hasnt done it himself so how can he say how much work it takes...you need to chill with YOUR smart remarks on posts that have nothing to do with you...if you were not interested in the cleaning then dont post anything its very simple...YOU make SMART REMARKS and i respond to them..
__________________
Current car- 2003 cobra S/C stockish

* previous cars
2007 335i e90 Jb4, downpipes, intake, magnaflow exhaust, 375+whp
2005 SRT4 big turbo built to hell.. 420+WHP in a 2700 pound car!
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2012, 06:06 PM   #17
E90Company
Major General
E90Company's Avatar
No_Country
72
Rep
6,137
Posts

 
Drives: Car
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: FL

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayk877 View Post
dude what are you talking about...no one said anything about having to be a mechanic..maybe you should read before you post..his comment was ignorant to the fact that he hasnt done it himself so how can he say how much work it takes...you need to chill with YOUR smart remarks on posts that have nothing to do with you...if you were not interested in the cleaning then dont post anything its very simple...YOU make SMART REMARKS and i respond to them..
I guess this works both ways considering your original response to my comment. Anyways...

"if your not a mechanic and havent cleaned ur valves then how can you possible know the work that goes into it???"


Your statement implies that you have to be a mechanic to know how to do something, which is NOT true. Nobody is bashing here except you for no apparent reason, and by the way, I did read your comment. Hence the bold.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2012, 06:09 PM   #18
obert
Lieutenant Colonel
obert's Avatar
United_States
25
Rep
1,597
Posts

 
Drives: 08 E90 N54 335xi
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Seattle Wa

iTrader: (18)

Can't you two just hug it out.................lol
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2012, 06:13 PM   #19
NBK
Second Lieutenant
3
Rep
287
Posts

 
Drives: bazinga
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: bazinga

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayk877 View Post
Actually they are personal friends of ours and didnt care that we lowered the price..they understand how it is to get things going and already have helped us get more ppl...if your not a mechanic and havent cleaned ur valves then how can you possible know the work that goes into it??? why dont you PM me and set up your cleaning...id be more than happy to show you the work that goes into it
if i didn't ever clean intake valves, i wouldn't ever know about the work that goes into it, right?

now that we got that cleared up, you have some GREAT friends!

oh, my valves are clean thank you for the offer, however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayk877 View Post
dude what are you talking about...no one said anything about having to be a mechanic..maybe you should read before you post..his comment was ignorant to the fact that he hasnt done it himself so how can he say how much work it takes...you need to chill with YOUR smart remarks on posts that have nothing to do with you...if you were not interested in the cleaning then dont post anything its very simple...YOU make SMART REMARKS and i respond to them..
well.. if you call removing an engine cover, cowling, intakes, a few connectors, and then the mani itself hard, then you must be a new "mechanic"
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2012, 06:14 PM   #20
jayk877
Lieutenant
jayk877's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
464
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 335i sport
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: South Florida (Coral Springs)

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Company View Post
I guess this works both ways considering your original response to my comment. Anyways...

"if your not a mechanic and havent cleaned ur valves then how can you possible know the work that goes into it???"


Your statement implies that you have to be a mechanic to know how to do something, which is NOT true. Nobody is bashing here except you for no apparent reason, and by the way, I did read your comment. Hence the bold.

ok now show me where i said you have to be a mechanic to do valve cleaning??? how is that implying that you have to be a mechanic???? DID I SAY ONLY MECHANICS CAN CLEAN VALVES??????? BASHING yes i am bashing your stupid comment about "blasting walnuts in ur intake".....thats a remark that a person with 1000 posts doesnt make....
__________________
Current car- 2003 cobra S/C stockish

* previous cars
2007 335i e90 Jb4, downpipes, intake, magnaflow exhaust, 375+whp
2005 SRT4 big turbo built to hell.. 420+WHP in a 2700 pound car!
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2012, 06:15 PM   #21
NBK
Second Lieutenant
3
Rep
287
Posts

 
Drives: bazinga
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: bazinga

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayk877 View Post
ok now show me where i said you have to be a mechanic to do valve cleaning??? how is that implying that you have to be a mechanic???? DID I SAY ONLY MECHANICS CAN CLEAN VALVES??????? BASHING yes i am bashing your stupid comment about "blasting walnuts in ur intake".....thats a remark that a person with 1000 posts doesnt make....
i think he meant it as a joke...

dont get so defensive its only the internet.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2012, 06:19 PM   #22
E90Company
Major General
E90Company's Avatar
No_Country
72
Rep
6,137
Posts

 
Drives: Car
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: FL

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayk877 View Post
ok now show me where i said you have to be a mechanic to do valve cleaning??? how is that implying that you have to be a mechanic???? DID I SAY ONLY MECHANICS CAN CLEAN VALVES??????? BASHING yes i am bashing your stupid comment about "blasting walnuts in ur intake".....thats a remark that a person with 1000 posts doesnt make....
Are you for real?

If you said "if your not a mechanic and havent cleaned ur valves then how can you possible know the work that goes into it???" how is that NOT implying you need to be a mechanic? Your statement clearly states that if you are not a mechanic, you don't know how to blast the intakes. It's that simple. By the way, you don't spell possibly with an E at the end.

I am done arguing with your nonsense statements. PM me if you want to continue, I don't want these posts to be considered troll posts from you, the all knowing 300+ poster.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:48 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST