E90Post
 


VIBE Motorsports
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > She Is Low finally...



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-26-2013, 06:45 PM   #1
Tyso335
Captain
 
Tyso335's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335d M Sport.......
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: U.K

Posts: 845
iTrader: (0)

She Is Low finally...

thought id start a thread just for this cause not many people wana scroll though the whole build thread to see whats been done or updated so here is the latest

cheeky update:

let my car settle for few days and on friday in the cold went out n lowered my car. got her sitting ok still few adjustments needed, the front down more maybe and the rear up a little cause its rather close i cant fit my fingers between the arch and tyre.

heres a few pics of before and after



the Rear

the front


Its working again


needs more poke for sure, new tyres and spacers needed


Now to see the bitch lowww
heres the first attempt werent sitting perfect alround so need adjustment after.



after the adjustment she was sitting perfect for now. until i add spacers i will need to raise her up a little and the front down a touch maybe.

at the moment you get get your finger between the rear arch and tyre....but no rubbing


sorry about the dirt





Close :P
love these pics




im very happy with it for now just needs more poke and then shes there
comments welcome
__________________

Fuel of the Devil
NOW: E92 335d M Sport lots of mods to come...
Gone But Not Forgotten: EVO 8 MR FQ340 Running 370bhp
Tyso335 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-26-2013, 07:01 PM   #2
Rich330D
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 330D M Sport Manual
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Cheshire

Posts: 48
iTrader: (0)

That is one sweet looking car buddy well done I love how low it sits but I couldn't get away with that where I live for stupid bloody speed bumps
Need to check your build thread to see what mods you've done

Rich
Rich330D is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-26-2013, 07:02 PM   #3
Nigelo
Lieutenant
 
Drives: E92 335i se
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Northern Ireland

Posts: 528
iTrader: (1)

Think you completely nailed the ride height there at the end.
Nigelo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-26-2013, 09:24 PM   #4
Phil325i
Major
 
Phil325i's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 325i MSport Coupe
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: UK South East

Posts: 1,093
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Nice...but you're front bumper wouldn't last more than five minutes on the roads where I live!
__________________
E92 pre-LCI 325i - Ohlins R&T; H&R spacers; M3 strut brace; Meyle HD droplinks; BMS clutch stop; BMS CDV; RE g/box mounts; Saikoumichi OCC; K&N; Cyba scoops; RM intake hose; BMW Perf Exhaust; M3 rear spoiler; LED Angels; BMW Perf black grille; CSL reps; SSDD carbon diffuser; Monster Wrap black roof
Phil325i is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      03-27-2013, 01:43 AM   #5
AWBimmer
Brigadier General
 
AWBimmer's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 4,550
iTrader: (3)

Loooooks sooo nice buddy well done!! You've nailed the ride height spot on!!!
__________________

Now: E92 335D, Custom Cars Branded
Gone But Not Forgotten: E90 320D Alpine White
AWBimmer is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      03-27-2013, 01:53 AM   #6
skins83
Private
 
Drives: E90 320d m sport
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Southport

Posts: 86
iTrader: (0)

That looks awesome mate, perfect ride height and wheels are great
skins83 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-27-2013, 02:10 AM   #7
Ste133
Lieutenant
 
Ste133's Avatar
 
Drives: A diesel..
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SW London

Posts: 567
iTrader: (5)

Very nice look buddy. Threads like this make me think about spending even more money on my car!
Ste133 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      03-27-2013, 02:11 AM   #8
Apl335d
Major
 
Apl335d's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 335D
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Putney, London

Posts: 1,093
iTrader: (1)

Sweet
Apl335d is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      03-27-2013, 02:30 AM   #9
parapaul
Colonel
 
parapaul's Avatar
 
Drives: E91 330d M Sport
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Stoke on Trent

Posts: 2,216
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Nice job

Too low for me, but I know I'm in a very small minority who prefer to see the tyre under the wheel arch
__________________
Just how many Yorkshire sheep can you fit inside one exhaust?
parapaul is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      03-27-2013, 03:11 AM   #10
djgandy
Major
 
Drives: E92 335i MT
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: London

Posts: 1,002
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil325i View Post
Nice...but you're front bumper wouldn't last more than five minutes on the roads where I live!
^^^

Looks great, but as the others have said. There are potholes that would rip your front bumper off around here!
djgandy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-27-2013, 03:23 AM   #11
doughboy
Major General
 
doughboy's Avatar
 
Drives: E91 335i Sold.
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: UK

Posts: 6,375
iTrader: (2)

V nice OP.

I found when I uprated the suspenion and lowered the car, that the bumper hit the deck LESS often than standard over speed bumps and potholes

The stiffer damping and springs control the momentum of the car much better and means the front shocks extend up and down a lot less when you go up or down a speed bump, so you should end up with less scrapes not more, especially dropping off the back of speed bumps where the standard car would always scrape, the modded car never does.

Strange but true...

It's always those rubber 'flaps' under the nose that catch first, sounds grim but doesn't do any harm..
__________________
335i gone E63 AMG here at last!

Last edited by doughboy; 03-27-2013 at 03:30 AM.
doughboy is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      03-27-2013, 03:25 AM   #12
creepy coupe
Major General
 
creepy coupe's Avatar
 
Drives: M235i
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: UK

Posts: 8,172
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2009 335i  [0.00]
Very nice indeed. Love it.
creepy coupe is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-27-2013, 04:05 AM   #13
gurpswoo1
Private
 
Drives: BMW E92 335d
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Warwickshire

Posts: 74
iTrader: (0)

Superb drop, I wish I could get away with that ride height, wouldn't even be able to get out my drive.

Agreed doughboy, for some reason the updated springs reduce the amount of under floor scrapes.
gurpswoo1 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-27-2013, 04:26 AM   #14
AdamC
Captain
 
AdamC's Avatar
 
Drives: E92
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: West Midlands - UK

Posts: 709
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Nice drop, wheels look great.
AdamC is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-27-2013, 04:33 AM   #15
P 5UML
Major
 
P 5UML's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW E92 325D M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: London

Posts: 1,495
iTrader: (1)

absolutely spot on bud! looks awesome!

how is she over the bumps etc??
__________________
P 5UML is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      03-27-2013, 06:06 AM   #16
mob17
Brigadier General
 
mob17's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335D
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: East Middle Land, UK

Posts: 3,625
iTrader: (4)

Car looks very nice, bet you're chuffed!

What's the ride/handling like?
__________________
2008 E92 335D SE
2010 E90 320D SE
1994 E36 318I SE
1996 E36 316I SE
mob17 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      03-27-2013, 06:07 AM   #17
sixpot
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: BMW 335i Coupe
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: North West

Posts: 266
iTrader: (5)

Looks great, standard M Sport ride height is too high in my opinion.
sixpot is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-27-2013, 06:32 AM   #18
PhilM
First Lieutenant
 
PhilM's Avatar
 
Drives: 335d M Sport
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Leeds. UK

Posts: 314
iTrader: (0)

That actually looks really good. Wouldn't last 5 minutes on the roads round here.
PhilM is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      03-27-2013, 06:36 AM   #19
Josh1a1h
Brigadier General
 
Josh1a1h's Avatar
 
Drives: AzuriteBlack 335i E92
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Central North to West London

Posts: 3,715
iTrader: (2)

Decked! Love it! I would love to run like that... But speed bumps in London are not forgiving! Looks awesome mate!

Where did you get your red stud covers? They look nice!
__________________
| Resprayed Azurite Black Individual | Custom LED Headlights | M3 Individual Interior |
|1M Front & Custom Carbon splitter | M3 Side Skirts & Carbon Side Splitters | CSL Boot | LCI Lights | Duke Dynamics Carbon Diffuser |
| Full Air Lift w/ Accuair E-level & I-level management | SSR Professor MS1 8.5"/10.5" 3-Piece Rims|
Josh1a1h is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      03-27-2013, 07:19 AM   #20
Dizzle
Major
 
Dizzle's Avatar
 
Drives: 320d M Sport
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: UK, Staffordshire

Posts: 1,151
iTrader: (0)

Sweet!

Looking low! What kit did you use?
__________________
Dizzle is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      03-27-2013, 07:21 AM   #21
safety_james
Safety Car Driver
 
safety_james's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 330D & E92 M3
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Norfolk

Posts: 362
iTrader: (8)

Garage List
2007 BMW E92 330D  [0.00]
2012 BMW M3  [2.75]
Sits really well!

Like that alot.. I am tempted to go for the BC coilovers from SSDD.. just waiting on that payday cheque!
safety_james is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-27-2013, 11:27 AM   #22
Tyso335
Captain
 
Tyso335's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335d M Sport.......
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: U.K

Posts: 845
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich330D View Post
That is one sweet looking car buddy well done I love how low it sits but I couldn't get away with that where I live for stupid bloody speed bumps
Need to check your build thread to see what mods you've done

Rich
cheers dude, yeh theres not to many speed bumps local to me and when i do go into town way i can go ways were there is none
yeh check my thread theres few bits on there mate thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigelo View Post
Think you completely nailed the ride height there at the end.
glad you think so bud few more adjustments then im there thanks dude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil325i View Post
Nice...but you're front bumper wouldn't last more than five minutes on the roads where I live!
haha its not that low really, im thinking about fromt splitter to but that mite push it to far lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWBimmer View Post
Loooooks sooo nice buddy well done!! You've nailed the ride height spot on!!!
cheers mate im really happy, but now POKE time haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins83 View Post
That looks awesome mate, perfect ride height and wheels are great
thanks man shes sitting pretty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste133 View Post
Very nice look buddy. Threads like this make me think about spending even more money on my car!
spend away mate you will love it. thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apl320d View Post
Sweet
Quote:
Originally Posted by parapaul View Post
Nice job

Too low for me, but I know I'm in a very small minority who prefer to see the tyre under the wheel arch
well i werent realy going for the tyre under the arch look but the rear ended up like it, when i space the wheels out i will higher the back up so it wont have that look in the end.
Quote:
Originally Posted by djgandy View Post
^^^

Looks great, but as the others have said. There are potholes that would rip your front bumper off around here!
thanks bud but im lucky round my way its not to bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy View Post
V nice OP.

I found when I uprated the suspenion and lowered the car, that the bumper hit the deck LESS often than standard over speed bumps and potholes

The stiffer damping and springs control the momentum of the car much better and means the front shocks extend up and down a lot less when you go up or down a speed bump, so you should end up with less scrapes not more, especially dropping off the back of speed bumps where the standard car would always scrape, the modded car never does.

Strange but true...

It's always those rubber 'flaps' under the nose that catch first, sounds grim but doesn't do any harm..
yeh the flaps have scrapped a few times lol cheers mate, im loving how she rides now she feels sooo stable now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by creepy coupe View Post
Very nice indeed. Love it.
thank bud
Quote:
Originally Posted by gurpswoo1 View Post
Superb drop, I wish I could get away with that ride height, wouldn't even be able to get out my drive.

Agreed doughboy, for some reason the updated springs reduce the amount of under floor scrapes.
haha wel as you can see shes very close in the last 3 pics and that goin up my drive lol cheers dude
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamC View Post
Nice drop, wheels look great.
thanks mate
Quote:
Originally Posted by P 5UML View Post
absolutely spot on bud! looks awesome!

how is she over the bumps etc??
yeh shes fine over the bumps no probs yet thanks matey
Quote:
Originally Posted by mob17 View Post
Car looks very nice, bet you're chuffed!

What's the ride/handling like?
she handles and rides amazing, theres so much dampening adjustment on these you can have it rock hard or softer the m sport. ive got it so it rides just a little harder the m sport and thts on 15clicks out of the 35 you get from soft to hard.
and I'm really chuffed thanks mate
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixpot View Post
Looks great, standard M Sport ride height is too high in my opinion.
yeh the front are way to high on m sport and now i can have just what i like thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilM View Post
That actually looks really good. Wouldn't last 5 minutes on the roads round here.
thanks dude, hopefully she lasts round here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh1a1h View Post
Decked! Love it! I would love to run like that... But speed bumps in London are not forgiving! Looks awesome mate!

Where did you get your red stud covers? They look nice!
cheers bud, yeh london isnt great for running around decked is it, my vans decked and i was workin up london once n it was scrapping everywere lol
thanks man. there not caps there actually anodised wheel bolts from ebay.
having few problems with them at mo the scratch when u take them off, so the blokes sent me a new set so going to test these and i will let you no.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzle View Post
Sweet!

Looking low! What kit did you use?
thank man i used BC coilovers the BR series from P_5UML
Quote:
Originally Posted by safety_james View Post
Sits really well!

Like that alot.. I am tempted to go for the BC coilovers from SSDD.. just waiting on that payday cheque!
yeh she sits perfect for now yeh get them you will not regret it mate, speak to P_5UML if you want them from ssdd he will sort you a good price
__________________

Fuel of the Devil
NOW: E92 335d M Sport lots of mods to come...
Gone But Not Forgotten: EVO 8 MR FQ340 Running 370bhp
Tyso335 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:42 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST