E90Post
 


GetBMWParts
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Which halogen brand bulbs give best output than stock?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-28-2013, 12:11 PM   #1
Route 16
I got lei'd
Route 16's Avatar
Philippines
60
Rep
4,702
Posts

 
Drives: '07 E90 328i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: BayArea

iTrader: (31)

Which halogen brand bulbs give best output than stock?

For halogen headlight cars, not HID. I'm looking for 6000k lighting but have trouble deciding which is the best bang for the buck based on your guys opinion.

Nokya, Philipps, GP Thunder, OSRAM, PIAA, etc. What do you guys recommend?
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2013, 12:36 PM   #2
dman918
Lieutenant
4
Rep
425
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 BMW 335i x-drive
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Crystal Lake, IL

iTrader: (1)

GP Thunder seemed to be pretty popular for just bulb replacements.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2013, 01:20 PM   #3
BOBKUR
Major
13
Rep
1,350
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E 90
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: CALIFORNIA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 16 View Post
For halogen headlight cars, not HID. I'm looking for 6000k lighting but have trouble deciding which is the best bang for the buck based on your guys opinion.

Nokya, Philipps, GP Thunder, OSRAM, PIAA, etc. What do you guys recommend?
Phillips 5000k
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2013, 03:16 PM   #4
Route 16
I got lei'd
Route 16's Avatar
Philippines
60
Rep
4,702
Posts

 
Drives: '07 E90 328i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: BayArea

iTrader: (31)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBKUR View Post
Phillips 5000k
xtreme, crystal vision? 5000k was white enough? not really yellow or blue?
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2013, 03:48 PM   #5
BOBKUR
Major
13
Rep
1,350
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E 90
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: CALIFORNIA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 16 View Post
xtreme, crystal vision? 5000k was white enough? not really yellow or blue?
Diamond Vision 5000K by Phillips Extreme White
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2013, 04:17 PM   #6
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Jeff@TopGearSolutions's Avatar
United_States
244
Rep
18,362
Posts


 
Drives: C6 Z06, GSXR-750, 09 335i
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: TopGearSolutions.com

iTrader: (32)

Send a message via AIM to Jeff@TopGearSolutions
I was very happy with the Nokya I had. Philips and OSRAM are considered the highest quality in the industry. As far as output they will all be similar. Only so much light you can get out of the same wattage in a halogen bulb.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2013, 08:37 PM   #7
Route 16
I got lei'd
Route 16's Avatar
Philippines
60
Rep
4,702
Posts

 
Drives: '07 E90 328i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: BayArea

iTrader: (31)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@TopGearSolutions View Post
I was very happy with the Nokya I had. Philips and OSRAM are considered the highest quality in the industry. As far as output they will all be similar. Only so much light you can get out of the same wattage in a halogen bulb.
Thanks for the input, is it better to get all 4 bulbs of the same description or mix and matching different brands and descriptions. I'm thinking expensive lows and cheap highs.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2013, 09:33 PM   #8
BOBKUR
Major
13
Rep
1,350
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E 90
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: CALIFORNIA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 16 View Post
Thanks for the input, is it better to get all 4 bulbs of the same description or mix and matching different brands and descriptions. I'm thinking expensive lows and cheap highs.
Bought the Phillips bulbs on E bay for $39.99
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2013, 09:47 PM   #9
Route 16
I got lei'd
Route 16's Avatar
Philippines
60
Rep
4,702
Posts

 
Drives: '07 E90 328i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: BayArea

iTrader: (31)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBKUR View Post
Bought the Phillips bulbs on E bay for $39.99
All four bulbs the same on yours?
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2013, 09:48 PM   #10
BOBKUR
Major
13
Rep
1,350
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E 90
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: CALIFORNIA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 16 View Post
All four bulbs the same on yours?
Yes all 4 the same.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2013, 11:45 PM   #11
Route 16
I got lei'd
Route 16's Avatar
Philippines
60
Rep
4,702
Posts

 
Drives: '07 E90 328i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: BayArea

iTrader: (31)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBKUR View Post
Yes all 4 the same.
This ok?
http://www.amazon.com/Philips-Crysta...headlight+bulb

Reviews say xtreme is on the yellow side, crystal on the white, diamond on the white/blueish.

Maybe this one too.
http://www.amazon.com/OSRAM-Night-Br...ght+breaker+h7
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2013, 09:32 AM   #12
inline6ix
Private First Class
United_States
1
Rep
160
Posts

 
Drives: Deep Green E90 325i
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Orlando, Florida

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
I've heard good things about the MTEC 4350k, so I placed an order on them. This thread is gonna need some pics..
__________________
18" Staggered Style 189 - BMS 15mm - CF Grilles - LCI Headlights - BMW Performance CF Intake - 12" Blaupunkt Subwoofer
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2013, 09:40 AM   #13
lorpatho
Private
United_States
0
Rep
80
Posts

 
Drives: E90
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Northwest

iTrader: (0)

I bought Crystal Vision Ultra the other week. The bulbs got a little hint of blue but when you pop them in and turn on is basically stock color but just a bit whiter. If you are interested in them i can take them out and sell you mine
__________________
Lorpatho*
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2013, 11:00 AM   #14
Route 16
I got lei'd
Route 16's Avatar
Philippines
60
Rep
4,702
Posts

 
Drives: '07 E90 328i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: BayArea

iTrader: (31)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorpatho View Post
I bought Crystal Vision Ultra the other week. The bulbs got a little hint of blue but when you pop them in and turn on is basically stock color but just a bit whiter. If you are interested in them i can take them out and sell you mine
I'd like to see. Any pictures at different angles looking at the car and on the street?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordLev View Post
I've heard good things about the MTEC 4350k, so I placed an order on them. This thread is gonna need some pics..
I thought they only had HID or angel eye bulbs but pics would be nice.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2013, 12:11 PM   #15
Mattshokri
Lieutenant
8
Rep
418
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 328i space gray metallic
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

which bulbs are better.. HIDs or halogens bulbs..i have HIDs for my low beams and might wanna change it out.. what do you guys suggest?
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2013, 01:10 PM   #16
dman918
Lieutenant
4
Rep
425
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 BMW 335i x-drive
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Crystal Lake, IL

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattshokri View Post
which bulbs are better.. HIDs or halogens bulbs..i have HIDs for my low beams and might wanna change it out.. what do you guys suggest?
Wha?????
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2013, 05:02 PM   #17
Route 16
I got lei'd
Route 16's Avatar
Philippines
60
Rep
4,702
Posts

 
Drives: '07 E90 328i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: BayArea

iTrader: (31)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBKUR View Post
Yes all 4 the same.
I'm going by your word either what you have on now or these from MTEC
http://www.amazon.com/MTEC-2X-Super-...pr_product_top

No errors from yours right? As long as it's H7 55w, 12v?
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2013, 05:21 PM   #18
BOBKUR
Major
13
Rep
1,350
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E 90
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: CALIFORNIA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 16 View Post
I'm going by your word either what you have on now or these from MTEC
http://www.amazon.com/MTEC-2X-Super-...pr_product_top

No errors from yours right? As long as it's H7 55w, 12v?
No errors with Phillips bulbs.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2013, 01:39 AM   #19
Route 16
I got lei'd
Route 16's Avatar
Philippines
60
Rep
4,702
Posts

 
Drives: '07 E90 328i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: BayArea

iTrader: (31)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordLev View Post
I've heard good things about the MTEC 4350k, so I placed an order on them. This thread is gonna need some pics..
Any pics? Any light errors? I've been reading on the mtec's and seeing life expectancy 6 months for DRL. I'm not looking for the most power, just white, bright and that'll last for 6 years like the OEM ones I have now. I'd bet they're philips since the fogs on mine are philips.

I need responses quick though since I have to order them now so my shop can install them for free while it's there.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2013, 02:11 AM   #20
manutdas11
EL JIMMY NEURON
manutdas11's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
1,209
Posts

 
Drives: Jet Black E90
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: in the Napa Valley/SJ...

iTrader: (0)

Alalalalalalalalalalalala
__________________
2007 Jet Black E90 328i
Thread: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=825249
Instagram: manutd_as
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2013, 02:14 AM   #21
Route 16
I got lei'd
Route 16's Avatar
Philippines
60
Rep
4,702
Posts

 
Drives: '07 E90 328i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: BayArea

iTrader: (31)

Quote:
Originally Posted by manutdas11 View Post
Alalalalalalalalalalalala
You guy..donde headlights haha
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2013, 02:15 AM   #22
manutdas11
EL JIMMY NEURON
manutdas11's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
1,209
Posts

 
Drives: Jet Black E90
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: in the Napa Valley/SJ...

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 16 View Post
You guy..donde headlights haha
Que? Me no Nintendo!?
__________________
2007 Jet Black E90 328i
Thread: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=825249
Instagram: manutd_as
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:12 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST