E90Post

Lux Angel Eyes

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Dension 500/500s with CIC pro idrive

03-28-2013, 12:46 PM   #1
bungleaio
Second Lieutenant

Drives: Pug 208

Dension 500/500s with CIC pro idrive

I've just bought a fantastic 2009 E93 which is my perfect spec apart from missing bluetooth.

I'm looking to add a Dension unit so that I can connect my iPhone to the car for both music and calls but I can't seem to find out if the 500 or 500s are compatible with with the CIC version of the idrive?

I have asked Dension but they haven't got back to me yet and their compatability chart is confusing as it lists CIC nav having dual slot where mine is single slot.

Does anyone know if it will work or even better is anyone running this combination?
      04-14-2013, 05:20 PM   #2
>sVo<

Drives: E90, E39

Garage List
Send a message via Yahoo to >sVo<
here is THE LINK to the compatibility chart.
good luck!
>sVo< is offline   United Kingdom
      04-15-2013, 07:37 AM   #3
bungleaio
Second Lieutenant

Drives: Pug 208

Hi thanks for the link but I have checked that and it's confusing about the dual slot CIC drive.

I contacted them and they said they couldn't guarantee that it would work with the CIC system as they have had issues when they tried it in a 5 series. They did add that they are looking on doing further testing in the next few months.

I have decided to go for a mobridge unit (basically the same as the Dension) which will be installed by http://www.cartronics.co.uk/