E90Post
 


PYSPEED
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > All-Wheel-Drive (Xi / xDrive) Talk > KW V1 xi vs H&R street coilovers



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-12-2013, 03:09 PM   #1
e93driva
Captain
 
Drives: 2011 E93 335is
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: MA

Posts: 698
iTrader: (2)

KW V1 xi vs H&R street coilovers

Which one would you get?

I looked around and some people say V1 and some people say H&R but idk which one is better. I'm not gonna track the car so it's just gonna be normal street driving. I just want the drop (xi gap ). I'm up in MA and the winters can be harsh so I'm afraid the H&Rs might start rusting or corroding.

Here's another deciding factor.. I can get the H&Rs brand new for $1280. If I buy the KW, I'm gonna buy them used because I don't wanna pay $1600.. Unless there's a good deal that prices the KWs right by the H&Rs.

:
__________________


Instagram: gyounes9
Das it mane
e93driva is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-12-2013, 03:32 PM   #2
rattmobbins
Captain
 
rattmobbins's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 328i Touring
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: NM

Posts: 628
iTrader: (1)

I thought V1s were like $1200 or $1299 somewhere, maybe I'm wrong though. Try PM'ing some vendors on here to get the best price.

Anyway, seems like folks on here REALLY like their KWs, but on the MINI forum, H&R were all people talked about. Seen a few threads that say H&R are stiffer, and KW more compliant, so take that for what it's worth. Personally I think every set of $1,000 + coils is gonna be comparable if you never track the car.

Just my $.02.

Oh, and why would H&R start rusting and corroding???
rattmobbins is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-12-2013, 03:40 PM   #3
e93driva
Captain
 
Drives: 2011 E93 335is
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: MA

Posts: 698
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rattmobbins
I thought V1s were like $1200 or $1299 somewhere, maybe I'm wrong though. Try PM'ing some vendors on here to get the best price.

Anyway, seems like folks on here REALLY like their KWs, but on the MINI forum, H&R were all people talked about. Seen a few threads that say H&R are stiffer, and KW more compliant, so take that for what it's worth. Personally I think every set of $1,000 + coils is gonna be comparable if you never track the car.

Just my $.02.

Oh, and why would H&R start rusting and corroding???
I saw some vendors with some sales so ill start PMing.

I saw somewhere that the coating put on the H&Rs starts to get bad after a while. I think the H&Rs are made out of galvanized steel and the KWs are made out of stainless steel. That could be it but I'm not sure
__________________


Instagram: gyounes9
Das it mane
e93driva is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-12-2013, 08:01 PM   #4
Flyer
Captain
 
Drives: 2011 e92xi
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Richmond, VA

Posts: 748
iTrader: (8)

PM Pat at SonicTuning. He gave me a great deal on V1s.
Flyer is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-13-2013, 02:39 AM   #5
Jeffman
Lieutenant
 
Jeffman's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335xi E90
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Somewhere in America

Posts: 430
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
I've had my KWV1s for almost four years and 25000 miles on my xi. No complaints other than a cracked dust cover probably obtained when I hit a pot hole...ive hit many and the alignment is still fine (goes straight at 80 mph on a smooth flat road). The handling is a huge night and day difference. I'm in PA and the important factor for me is not gap for deep snow, but having dedicated wintr tires mounted on other wheels.

One piece of advice: don't ever buy used coils, springs, dampers, coilovers, etc. These parts wear out. Fresh and new and lack of uncertainty over worn out parts is definitely worth the extra money. Good luck!
Jeffman is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-13-2013, 08:50 AM   #6
e93driva
Captain
 
Drives: 2011 E93 335is
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: MA

Posts: 698
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyer View Post
PM Pat at SonicTuning. He gave me a great deal on V1s.
Thanks for the heads up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHR View Post
I've had my KWV1s for almost four years and 25000 miles on my xi. No complaints other than a cracked dust cover probably obtained when I hit a pot hole...ive hit many and the alignment is still fine (goes straight at 80 mph on a smooth flat road). The handling is a huge night and day difference. I'm in PA and the important factor for me is not gap for deep snow, but having dedicated wintr tires mounted on other wheels.

One piece of advice: don't ever buy used coils, springs, dampers, coilovers, etc. These parts wear out. Fresh and new and lack of uncertainty over worn out parts is definitely worth the extra money. Good luck!
Yeah I think i'm just gonna go with the KW V1. Everyone speaks highly of them so they have to be good. I found a good price so I'll just buy them new. I appreciate the comment brotha!

__________________


Instagram: gyounes9
Das it mane
e93driva is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-13-2013, 08:52 AM   #7
JaysBlueE92
Mr. Monaco
 
JaysBlueE92's Avatar
 
Drives: Slow..
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New Jersey

Posts: 3,883
iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2007 E92  [2.50]
lots of threads on this..I think you'll be happy with the V1s
__________________
JaysBlueE92 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-13-2013, 06:48 PM   #8
Envuks
Captain
 
Envuks's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 e92 335xi
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: MA

Posts: 718
iTrader: (2)

I love my v1s. I'm also in MA and the corrosion concern on the H&Rs was a big issue for me... You should be able to find the V1s for closer to $1400. The few hundred more is money well spent.
__________________
Jet black e92 6mt 335xi:

18" BBS RGRs, KW v1, ESS Stage 2 flash, VRSF 7" FMIC, VRSF downpipes, JG Mods m-tech front, mtec V3 AEs, BMS OCC, hardwired valentine 1, p3cars gauge, amber delete, sport seats, factory oil cooler.
Envuks is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-14-2013, 08:51 AM   #9
e93driva
Captain
 
Drives: 2011 E93 335is
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: MA

Posts: 698
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaysBlueE92 View Post
lots of threads on this..I think you'll be happy with the V1s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envuks View Post
I love my v1s. I'm also in MA and the corrosion concern on the H&Rs was a big issue for me... You should be able to find the V1s for closer to $1400. The few hundred more is money well spent.
I decided on the V1s. As everyone says, suspension isn't something you should cheap out on
__________________


Instagram: gyounes9
Das it mane
e93driva is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:51 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST