E90Post
 


ECS BMW
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Procede pwm meth settings



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-03-2013, 08:18 PM   #1
dirtmaster666
"J" BONE
 
dirtmaster666's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 335i
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: edmonton

Posts: 562
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to dirtmaster666
Procede pwm meth settings

Just curious on setting people use when using meth. Eg ignition correction, start boost, max boost, meth water mixture, tune etc. I guess doesn't have to be people who use the procede I'm asking pretty much anybody.

Thanks
__________________
procede v5 rev3, afe dual cone intake, full catless exhaust with muffler delete, hm style carbon fibre lip, 235/35/19,275/30/19 satin black linea corse818, H&R sport springs, Vishnu charge pipe with forged diverter valves, matte black kidneys, mtec superwhite angel eyes and fogs, bms cdv ER fmic, VRSF coated DP. Vishnu pwm meth kit
dirtmaster666 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-04-2013, 07:02 AM   #2
dirtmaster666
"J" BONE
 
dirtmaster666's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 335i
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: edmonton

Posts: 562
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to dirtmaster666
??
__________________
procede v5 rev3, afe dual cone intake, full catless exhaust with muffler delete, hm style carbon fibre lip, 235/35/19,275/30/19 satin black linea corse818, H&R sport springs, Vishnu charge pipe with forged diverter valves, matte black kidneys, mtec superwhite angel eyes and fogs, bms cdv ER fmic, VRSF coated DP. Vishnu pwm meth kit
dirtmaster666 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-04-2013, 07:27 AM   #3
Ilma
Colonel
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: hometown

Posts: 2,553
iTrader: (0)

.
.
.
Attached Images
  
__________________
Sticky is an idiot

Last edited by Ilma; 04-04-2013 at 08:01 AM.
Ilma is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-05-2013, 07:36 PM   #4
diddlkiss
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2010 335i E90 Lci N54
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Tsingtao

Posts: 247
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilma View Post
.
.
.
can you upload your map file...
thanks
diddlkiss is offline   China
0
Reply With Quote
      04-05-2013, 10:16 PM   #5
Ilma
Colonel
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: hometown

Posts: 2,553
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlkiss View Post
can you upload your map file...
thanks
Uploaded in zip format.

This map runs around 17 psi boost in the midrange but tapers down around 5.5K rpms.

I am using PWM kit with dual 1.0mm nozzles on 94 octane pump with a 75/25 meth mix.

Also note that I have adjusted my WG duty cycles upwards to match my boost target....since my wastegates were getting a bit tired resulting in a bit of lag. I upped the values and it woke them right up......

If you find you are overshooting boost target you could just use the default values in the stage 3 table for WG duty cycle.
__________________
Sticky is an idiot
Ilma is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-05-2013, 10:19 PM   #6
Ilma
Colonel
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: hometown

Posts: 2,553
iTrader: (0)

Here is my latest datalog using that map in 48F ambients.
The blue line in the timing graph is meth flow.
.
.
.
.
Attached Images
 
__________________
Sticky is an idiot
Ilma is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-05-2013, 10:31 PM   #7
pits200
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: 09 335i X-Drive Black Sapphire
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Pittsburgh

Posts: 1,898
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilma View Post
Here is my latest datalog using that map in 48F ambients.
The blue line in the timing graph is meth flow.
.
.
.
.
That's fantastic looking. Any chance you want to screenshot the parameters that you've changed such as Wastegate dc, meth, open loop fuel, etc.

I'm so rich after 4500rpms it's ridiculous, I'm in the mid to low 10s and have tried everything.

It'd be very appreciated, thanks.
pits200 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-05-2013, 10:45 PM   #8
Ilma
Colonel
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: hometown

Posts: 2,553
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pits200 View Post
That's fantastic looking. Any chance you want to screenshot the parameters that you've changed such as Wastegate dc, meth, open loop fuel, etc.

I'm so rich after 4500rpms it's ridiculous, I'm in the mid to low 10s and have tried everything.

It'd be very appreciated, thanks.
Why don't you just download the map I posted in the zip file and open it using your procede software?

Then you will be able to see all of those parameters you asked for
__________________
Sticky is an idiot
Ilma is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-06-2013, 01:33 AM   #9
pits200
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: 09 335i X-Drive Black Sapphire
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Pittsburgh

Posts: 1,898
iTrader: (0)

Ha sorry I missed the post above your graph were you had the zip file, my apologies.
pits200 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-06-2013, 05:55 PM   #10
diddlkiss
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2010 335i E90 Lci N54
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Tsingtao

Posts: 247
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilma View Post
Uploaded in zip format.

This map runs around 17 psi boost in the midrange but tapers down around 5.5K rpms.

I am using PWM kit with dual 1.0mm nozzles on 94 octane pump with a 75/25 meth mix.

Also note that I have adjusted my WG duty cycles upwards to match my boost target....since my wastegates were getting a bit tired resulting in a bit of lag. I upped the values and it woke them right up......

If you find you are overshooting boost target you could just use the default values in the stage 3 table for WG duty cycle.
plz check your file,because its 3kb only and I cant open it.
thanks
diddlkiss is offline   China
0
Reply With Quote
      04-07-2013, 06:09 PM   #11
335xi Kevo
Lieutenant
 
335xi Kevo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335xi
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: CT

Posts: 502
iTrader: (3)

Just wanted to say that I switched to your settings and the car is a complete beast. My old settings (off the self, minor tweaks) sucked in comparison.

Thanks!
__________________
08' 335xi 6MT
Space Metallic Grey
Premium, Nav, Cold weather, Sport
Procede 2.5, DCI, Forge DV, PWM, Scoops, KW V1, ETS 5" FMIC, VRSF Downpipes, M3 Skirts
335xi Kevo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-07-2013, 07:09 PM   #12
Ilma
Colonel
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: hometown

Posts: 2,553
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335xi Kevo View Post
Just wanted to say that I switched to your settings and the car is a complete beast. My old settings (off the self, minor tweaks) sucked in comparison.

Thanks!
__________________
Sticky is an idiot
Ilma is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-07-2013, 07:10 PM   #13
Ilma
Colonel
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: hometown

Posts: 2,553
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlkiss View Post
plz check your file,because its 3kb only and I cant open it.
thanks
It's a compressed zip file.....are you using a zip file extractor when you upload it?

I've tested the upload and it works fine for me and also the other poster who tried it.....so I think the problem is on your side of things.

Sorry can't be of more help than that.
__________________
Sticky is an idiot
Ilma is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-08-2013, 11:54 AM   #14
rismo
Captain
 
Drives: BMW E92 335
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Europe

Posts: 840
iTrader: (0)

Sorry to jump on this thread. I have had the PWM on my former car and after the build of my new car my BMW tech did a brave job of installing the PWM kit. This was not a success. In the meanwhile I received a new meth harness. But I have a challenge, the mechanic changed some stuff on my Procede harness and not the right things.
I have been reverse engineering what he did and corrected most of it. I think i'm almost there.. Main problem, the boost signal does not work, I can shortcut the device to force the pump but nothing happens.

Is somebody willing to provide the cable mapping / and or some pics of a Rev3, with fastconnector and PWM?
Would be extremely helpful.... :-)
__________________
BMW 335 E92 08 - Full options - RIP
BMW 335 E92 09 - Full options - DKG - Procede Rev 3 - Vishnu Meth and Chargepipe - Forge Diverter Valves - Vishnu Flex Fuel Kit- AR Catless DP - Afe Intake - Helix IC - Ar Oil Cooler - PPK Water Cooler - M3 Suspension - JRZ RS1 Shocks - Eibach Pro Springs - Drexler LSD - BMW IS Exhaust - EBC Yellow Brake Pads - Stainless Steel Brake Lines - M101 Wheels - Michelin PSS - M-Tech Body - M-Strutbar
rismo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-08-2013, 09:01 PM   #15
335xi Kevo
Lieutenant
 
335xi Kevo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335xi
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: CT

Posts: 502
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rismo View Post
Sorry to jump on this thread. I have had the PWM on my former car and after the build of my new car my BMW tech did a brave job of installing the PWM kit. This was not a success. In the meanwhile I received a new meth harness. But I have a challenge, the mechanic changed some stuff on my Procede harness and not the right things.
I have been reverse engineering what he did and corrected most of it. I think i'm almost there.. Main problem, the boost signal does not work, I can shortcut the device to force the pump but nothing happens.

Is somebody willing to provide the cable mapping / and or some pics of a Rev3, with fastconnector and PWM?
Would be extremely helpful.... :-)
Following the procede meth install DIY off their website worked pretty well for me. Pay VERY close attention to photos of the harness also vishnu walked me through the proper pin out of the resistors over the phone which helped alot.
__________________
08' 335xi 6MT
Space Metallic Grey
Premium, Nav, Cold weather, Sport
Procede 2.5, DCI, Forge DV, PWM, Scoops, KW V1, ETS 5" FMIC, VRSF Downpipes, M3 Skirts
335xi Kevo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-09-2013, 09:10 AM   #16
rismo
Captain
 
Drives: BMW E92 335
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Europe

Posts: 840
iTrader: (0)

thx! I'm supposed to be pretty experienced with this.. But somebody else worked on the harness and it is a bit meshy now... Would be great to have some pics of my exact combination:

Rev 2 cable (White connector)
Fast PWM connector
Speed delimiter in place

I will do another attempt this evening to see if I can figure out what is wrong. The pics on the Vishnu site are not always reflecting the latest cables and stuff.. making it a bit harsh during debugging ;-)


Thanks for your feedback!
__________________
BMW 335 E92 08 - Full options - RIP
BMW 335 E92 09 - Full options - DKG - Procede Rev 3 - Vishnu Meth and Chargepipe - Forge Diverter Valves - Vishnu Flex Fuel Kit- AR Catless DP - Afe Intake - Helix IC - Ar Oil Cooler - PPK Water Cooler - M3 Suspension - JRZ RS1 Shocks - Eibach Pro Springs - Drexler LSD - BMW IS Exhaust - EBC Yellow Brake Pads - Stainless Steel Brake Lines - M101 Wheels - Michelin PSS - M-Tech Body - M-Strutbar
rismo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:12 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST