E90Post

Horizon LED

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > bacon breath

04-15-2013, 01:52 PM   #1
zltm089
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [5.00]
bacon breath

Just a funny video.

I'm not for or against the police!

Current Car: E92 335i SE Dream Cars: AMG SL65 Black,GallardoSuperleggera, GTR 2012, Agera R, F430 Scuderia, DBS, EVO X FQ400, Lexus LFA, F10 M5, M4, GT3 RS4.0, Ferrari 458, Ferrari F12, R8 V10 plus, Jaguar F Type V8, Lamborghini LP700-4 Aventador, Chevrolet Camaro ZL1, C63 AMG Coupe Black, Vanquish 2012, Laferrari, GT3 991, McLaren 650s.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2013, 02:18 PM   #2
Vaheed1
Captain
Rep

Drives: E90 330d M Sport

I think the bloke's a complete bell end. I can't believe how easily the police let him off for abusing them. He verbally abused them on numerous occasions. I'm all for a hard line on abusive twats like him - sorry, but if he had just kept his arsehole shut and cooperated - then he wouldn't need a good jab in the ribs
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2013, 02:23 PM   #3
RagingKileak
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: Modified Alpine White E92 335i

Interesting. I'm not 'for' or 'against' what happens in the video on either side really.

Broadly speaking, I wish that ALL police officers could be trusted to the point where they were empowered to smash that blokes window, drag him out and kick the fuck out of him. On the other hand, the useless, spineless 'bob a job' lot that turn up here shouldn't be empowered to tie up their own shoelaces.

A sorry fucking state this country is in when A) people are actually such little wankers as the bloke who makes the vid and B) that our coppers are such a bunch of useless drones.

Matt
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 05:55 AM   #4
MrPogle
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: E90 330 M-Sport LCI

Funny? I would use the word "depressing".
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 06:17 AM   #5
Sir_Pigley
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: 525d M Sport

Garage List
Send a message via Skype™ to Sir_Pigley
Not remotely funny - just a complete twat.

The fact that the Police didn't take this further is only due to the fact that they're so constrained by the "rights" of tossers like this.

The Police should be trusted to the point where they if he did not cooperate as requested they would be empowered to smash that blokes window, drag him out and stick him in a cell until he grew up.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 07:59 AM   #6
djgandy
Major
Rep

Drives: E92 335i MT

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
The comments are equally as worrying. The reason these people hate the police is because they treat the police so badly and get treated the same in return. Would be interesting to find out where they work, if they have a job at all, and treat them how they treat the police.

Funny how he talks to the police like shit but thinks they should treat him with respect. I'd get the helicopter with the big magnet, pick his car up and drop it in the sea. Fire a few missiles in there after for good measure too. And nothing was lost.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 12:34 PM   #7
MPD78
Private
Rep

Drives: 330i M Sport 2006

The officers knew they were being filmed so were probably being especially cautious so that the moron in the car couldn't 'edit' the clip later to make it appear something that it wasn't. Also, I bet he's going to get pulled over a lot after that.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 12:54 PM   #8
335iLondon
Captain
Rep

Drives: 07' 335i Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingKileak View Post
Interesting. I'm not 'for' or 'against' what happens in the video on either side really.

Broadly speaking, I wish that ALL police officers could be trusted to the point where they were empowered to smash that blokes window, drag him out and kick the fuck out of him. On the other hand, the useless, spineless 'bob a job' lot that turn up here shouldn't be empowered to tie up their own shoelaces.

A sorry fucking state this country is in when A) people are actually such little wankers as the bloke who makes the vid and B) that our coppers are such a bunch of useless drones.

Matt
nail - head
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 01:39 PM   #9
macck
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2008 e92 msport

At 2.40 has the bystander lost something or does he need to use the toilet .

blackchrome csl,s // eibach pro kit //bitstein B4s// shortened bumpstops//front and rear brembo performance brakes// jbl ms8//focal 100krs// rainbow dlx5 centre, rear//jenhert xe200//cas audio corner loaded sub// jl10v3 sub// jl xd500/3 xd400/4// technic harness// 808mguy adapters
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 01:53 PM   #10
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep

Drives: E46 M3 CS

Garage List
He achieved what he wanted too, he didn't get done for dangerous driving.

What a moron.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 02:04 PM   #11
quattrogmbh
Captain
Rep

Drives: BMW

What a Cock.

IPCC Mate IPCC

Dangerous driving is the least of his concerns I'm sure after that little documentary.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 02:06 PM   #12
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep

Drives: E46 M3 CS

Garage List
Why does IPCC mean?
And what can they do now against this pleb?
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 02:28 PM   #13
CarAbuser
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: E89 Z4 35i

He did come across as an utter knob but luckily for him he was in the right.

The officers that attended were clearly clueless plebeians who took the job because of the cosy public sector hours and disproportionate pay.
After being outsmarted by a yob in a van I would hope they hand in their resignation.

I think IPCC is independent police complains commission.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 02:30 PM   #14
stringy93
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 318d msport

I saw this the other day, what a bell end!

Ipcc stand for independent police complaints commission
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 04:50 PM   #15
rogerxp
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: M3 Comp Pack / QQ+2 Tekna

Garage List
Wasn't the chap driving whilst using his mobile phone (filming). 3 points & on the spot fine isn't it
Gone -: 370Z GT Roadster; BMW X3 3.0d xdrive M Sport; E46 330i M Sport Coupe; Mazda RX8 231; Nissan 350Z GT Roadster; BMW E90 330d M Sport; BMW E92 335i SE; Maserati 4200; Nissan 350Z; Honda S2000; Astra Coupe Turbo; Ford Probe
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 05:31 PM   #16
wafik
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: M3 Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerxp View Post
Wasn't the chap driving whilst using his mobile phone (filming). 3 points & on the spot fine isn't it
That's exactly what I was thinking. What a dick, but at the same time look how the police had no power to be able to take it further....what a shame really..
      04-16-2013, 05:51 PM   #17
ihpj
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: BMW E90 330d M Sport

I saw that video and I had many things go through my mind; but what really struck me was the issue of training.

I'm not sure where the Dangerous Driving bit is coming from (have I missed something from another thread?) but lets say that was the offence and reason for the stop, then DD carries a power of arrest. If you're going down that route, you exercise the power effectively and control the situation.

However, I'm unclear what the reason for the stop was? Why did the Officer want to speak to this person? This is critical because you need to know what powers you are using and how you will use them. Sadly, this appeared to be a 'Stop & Account' type of incident and one where the Officer didn't appear sure himself why he was talking to him...and this again brings me back to training.

Sometimes if you ain't got any powers (despite your best efforts) you got to take the loss and say 'Not this time' and walk away. Unfortunately this stop was dragged out unnecessarily because no-one appeared to ask themselves the question: What has this guy done? If they had, then it would have lad to the question: What offence has been committed/identified? That then links into Police powers and your ability to exercise them (see above).

It's not easy to admit that you have to let one go; it's tough, I've been there myself. But at least I can say I didn't embarrass myself to the point that I had lost control of the situation, which had clearly happened as after hanging around the Police left empty handed.

BTW s163 of the Road Traffic Act allows a Constable in uniform to stop a mechanically propelled vehicle on the public highway and to ask the driver to produce his documents. It can clearly be heard in the clip the reason to stop was the RTA; but was the Officer in uniform? And was he exercising his s163 powers when speaking to the driver? Was where they were a public highway? I'm not sure the Officer himself knew what he was doing and why...and I again come back to training.

Knowing your powers, understanding your Police Services procedures and acting proportionately to the situation is critical to the safe handling of any situation.

Just my 2p worth having been there and done that myself.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 07:23 PM   #18
Ajerthan
Bimmaaaa
Rep

Drives: E92 325D & YZF R125

Garage List
2009 BMW 325  [0.00]
ihpj do you work for Bucks Police?

| E92 BMW 325D | alpinweiß | Red VMR 710 Rims | Black Kidney Grills | M Sport| Navigation | 1m Bumper |
| Sexy Angle Lites |
InstaGram: Ajerthan
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2013, 02:18 AM   #19
Teutonicdriver
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: 320d M Sport Business Edition

Should have called out the dog section and thrown one of their 100lb land sharks into the back seat, that would have got the arrogant twat out.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2013, 04:19 AM   #20
RagingKileak
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: Modified Alpine White E92 335i

IHPJ - I think the DD suggestion comes from the very first few seconds of the video. The first officer on the scene (the fair haired bloke) asks the driver about handbrake turning....

Try watching it with the volume up at the start and you might just catch it. I thought the same as you - that IF they have something to arrest him for, then all his IPCC posturing etc is for nothing. I think they lost the context of who is in control...

Matt
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2013, 07:11 AM   #21
Desmondo
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: E90 330i M-Sport

Sounds like the typical sort of dick head we could do without in the country.
      04-19-2013, 03:44 PM   #22
Frobius
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: E91 330d M-Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarAbuser View Post
cosy public sector hours and disproportionate pay.
Tool.

Cosy hours? How are police hours 'cosy' in your book? Disproportionate pay? I think you've got a very deluded idea of what coppers actually get paid, either that or you're just one of those folk who think that public sector workers should work for food stamps and milk bottle tops.

Instead if complaining about it, why not try it? That's right, £19k a year starting wage to deal with the utter scum of the earth as depicted in this video doesn't seem all that rosy now does it? I wonder if the families and friends of the two WPCs who were killed with fucking grenades think that their daughters were being paid disproportionately?

As for the video, it looks like as has been mentioned, the copper didn't know how far he could take it and was in the back foot from the start - stems from him not knowing his powers I reckon. Letting the guy walk away was prob the best thing as that situation was only going to worsen.

Also, there's more than one way to skin a cat and I am willing to bet that this wasn't the last time this cunt ended up face to face with the plod.

57 Sapphire Black E91 330d M-Sport
Privacy Glass // Leather // Heated Seats // Bluetooth // Blacklines // BMWP Gloss Black Grille // Alpine HiFi // LCI Headlights
Appreciate 0