E90Post
 


Bimmer Retrofit
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > F30 Loaner



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-16-2013, 08:52 AM   #1
JAL0988
Major
JAL0988's Avatar
15
Rep
1,413
Posts

 
Drives: e92 335i xdrive
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: NY

iTrader: (1)

Angry F30 Loaner

I know someone posted this a few weeks back but I just have to say the F30 loaner I have is complete shit compared to my car. The electric steering is god awful compared to my car's hydraulic steering, the front is cramped and narrow (I'm 6'3"), the ride is too mushy, and the engine start/stop could drive a man to beat his girlfriend. Not to mention they gave me the Baghdad beige loaner car. I drive a Le Mans Blue 335i coupe with 15% tint. I can't see how they mixed me up with an 80 year old woman from Boca Raton, Florida. Sorry for the vent but this car is just awful.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 08:59 AM   #2
e90post_user
Second Lieutenant
United_States
2
Rep
253
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 F22 M235i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NYC

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAL0988 View Post
I know someone posted this a few weeks back but I just have to say the F30 loaner I have is complete shit compared to my car. The electric steering is god awful compared to my car's hydraulic steering, the front is cramped and narrow (I'm 6'3"), the ride is too mushy, and the engine start/stop could drive a man to beat his girlfriend. Not to mention they gave me the Baghdad beige loaner car. I drive a Le Mans Blue 335i coupe with 15% tint. I can't see how they mixed me up with an 80 year old woman from Boca Raton, Florida. Sorry for the vent but this car is just awful.
Did you expect to get a 2013 Laguna Seca Blue M6 instead?
Write a letter to BMWNA, no better yet to BMW AG and complain, complain, complain What the hell are they thinking?
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 09:08 AM   #3
Potty_Pants
Colonel
Potty_Pants's Avatar
United_States
29
Rep
2,191
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 Genesis Sedan Rspec
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Southern NJ

iTrader: (0)

1st world problems...

Wish i was so lucky to get F30 loaner...

but then again, i havent been in for service EVER... Enjoy your bmw.

ppp
__________________
Olds Starfire > Chevy Malibu > Isuzu I-mark RS & Honda Magna 500 > Grand Am GT & YSR50 > Nissan Maxima & Ninja 750 > X-Wife > Hyundai Excel > Honda Prelude > Honda Accord > Honda Prelude & Ninja 250> Infiniti G35 > E90 335i > Hyundai Genesis Rspec, Hyunadai Sonata > Kia Sorento > Honda CRV-EX
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 09:08 AM   #4
smallseafishie
Lieutenant Colonel
21
Rep
1,739
Posts

 
Drives: AW 07 e92 335i + AW 11 X5 35d
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Atlanta GA

iTrader: (12)

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
What's the big deal about what they gave you?

Yes the new F30 is softer. Yes ASS (assisted start stop) is terrible. But, in defense, you can get the car to be set so that ASS is disabled on start up. The DHP package is supposedly much better than the standard non-sport suspension and has a weighted steering wheel feel.

It's a loaner, just a means of transportation as your car is in the shop. Just because you drive a lemans blue blah blah blah doesn't give you the right to a sportier BMW.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 09:10 AM   #5
slider86
Second Lieutenant
2
Rep
263
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 M-Sport 328i xDrive 6MT
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NYC

iTrader: (1)

Bro, it's a loaner. You're lucky not to get some Hertz POS Altima. Quit complaining.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 09:10 AM   #6
E90 LCI
Captain
E90 LCI's Avatar
United_States
23
Rep
971
Posts

 
Drives: E90 LCI
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: boca raton, fl

iTrader: (4)

Send a message via Skype™ to E90 LCI
Boca Raton.. haha
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 09:22 AM   #7
BOBKUR
Major
13
Rep
1,350
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E 90
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: CALIFORNIA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAL0988 View Post
I know someone posted this a few weeks back but I just have to say the F30 loaner I have is complete shit compared to my car. The electric steering is god awful compared to my car's hydraulic steering, the front is cramped and narrow (I'm 6'3"), the ride is too mushy, and the engine start/stop could drive a man to beat his girlfriend. Not to mention they gave me the Baghdad beige loaner car. I drive a Le Mans Blue 335i coupe with 15% tint. I can't see how they mixed me up with an 80 year old woman from Boca Raton, Florida. Sorry for the vent but this car is just awful.
You must be the most privileged asshole in the world, they let you drive a car for FREE while your's was in the shop. Next time tell them that you are special and need to have a special car when your's is being serviced. You could since you are so SPECIAL buy another car that fit's your style and keep it garaged for these type of occasion's. You should call BMW and arrange for them to give you a discount on this vehicle since you are so special.

I seen this last week when i had my recall done in California, must have been some relative's of your's that were in for service complaining that they could not ever drive that loaner car since it was below them. Just because you drive a BMW it does not make you special.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 09:39 AM   #8
MGT81
Lieutenant
Canada
7
Rep
452
Posts

 
Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Calgary

iTrader: (0)

I'm writing this from the BMW shuttle (a Honda Odyssey) right now. I'd love to have a loaner. Just dropped off my car for the battery recall.

On a side note, just checked out the new 335i xDrive M Sport in the showroom. Love the new wheel but the car feels so much bigger just sitting in it. Also, first thing I noticed was how light and hollow sounding the doors are.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 09:46 AM   #9
PINeely
Lieutenant Colonel
30
Rep
1,558
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 E90 N54
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jackson, MS

iTrader: (0)

Man I was in the dealership once and watched a woman go absolutely radioactive because she drove a 5-series and they gave her a 3-series loaner. I really wish they'd told her no but they just swapped her to a new one and called her an asshole after she left.

Some people are so entitled. Be glad that your dealership provides you with another brand-new BMW to use and doesn't rent Enterprise or give you rides in the party van.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 09:48 AM   #10
e92oholic
Banned
United_States
14
Rep
854
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 MINI JCW GP
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Buffalo NY

iTrader: (6)

I do not even want to hear you complain about the f30 loaner. Every time i go to the dealer i get an effing mazda 3 or toyota camry. So put on your big boy pants and stop fucking crying.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 09:59 AM   #11
JAL0988
Major
JAL0988's Avatar
15
Rep
1,413
Posts

 
Drives: e92 335i xdrive
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: NY

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBKUR View Post
You must be the most privileged asshole in the world, they let you drive a car for FREE while your's was in the shop. Next time tell them that you are special and need to have a special car when your's is being serviced. You could since you are so SPECIAL buy another car that fit's your style and keep it garaged for these type of occasion's. You should call BMW and arrange for them to give you a discount on this vehicle since you are so special.

I seen this last week when i had my recall done in California, must have been some relative's of your's that were in for service complaining that they could not ever drive that loaner car since it was below them. Just because you drive a BMW it does not make you special.
Never said it made me special, cockbag. The problem is that the dealer scraped my bumper and I would just like to be compensated in the car I drive. Like I said before, this is just me venting. I'm sure you're perfect and never have vented either. Sorry to disturb you.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 10:01 AM   #12
vince217
Private First Class
No_Country
3
Rep
198
Posts

 
Drives: 2005 e83 2.5i
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: ATL

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
what a crappy dealership you have there! i brought in my 08 e92 (just a 328i mind you) a couple of months ago, and they loaned me an e92 M3 (i complained coz they were only loaning me a 335is). a guy brought in his 750i the same time as me, and they loaned him an Alpina B7. i hope when i bring in my 05 X3, i get to drive an X5M, or at the very LEAST, an X3 xdrive35i.... i damn well deserve it after all!

hehehehe. fun thread.
__________________
Current: 2005 BMW X3 2.5i / 2010 Acura MDX Tech
Previous: 2008 BMW E92 328i MT Sport / 2007 VW Passat 2.0T / 2004 Honda CR-V / 1996 Audi A4 2.8
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 10:02 AM   #13
JAL0988
Major
JAL0988's Avatar
15
Rep
1,413
Posts

 
Drives: e92 335i xdrive
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: NY

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90 LCI View Post
Boca Raton.. haha
Thanks... at least you get my humor. It's getting stuffy in here.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 10:04 AM   #14
shata
Captain
shata's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
824
Posts

 
Drives: 06 330i 6MT-ZPP/ZSP/ZCW
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: VB, VA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potty_Pants View Post
1st world problems...

Wish i was so lucky to get F30 loaner...

but then again, i havent been in for service EVER... Enjoy your bmw.

ppp
No shit atleast you got a loaner, My 330i was in 2 weeks ago and I didnt get shit for loaner lol.
__________________
/// OEM ///
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 10:10 AM   #15
Agentphish
Captain
United_States
11
Rep
797
Posts

 
Drives: '08 328i
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: South Bay

iTrader: (0)

I haven't driven an F30, but I sat in one and didn't care for it vs e90.

I had a 2013 535 M-Sport for my battery recall loaner. Nice car and all, but far too big for my tastes...did love the steering wheel's tactile feel though.

Disliked the auto-shut-off. There were three people in the dealer getting that turned off as I was there.

To the OP...Sorry about your luck with your brand new loaner car but you shouldn't feel the need to sound like an entitled assclown.
__________________
'08 328i | TiAg | 6MT | CDV Mod | AG M310 | Cold | Premium | HiFi | V1 Hardwire | AirPlay - FiiO DAC
'15 Golf SE Sport | Pure White
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 10:15 AM   #16
DML
Lieutenant
4
Rep
474
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 335Is
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Darien CT.

iTrader: (0)

Ahh I got the OP's point...Not a fan of the F30's that's okay but no need for the slam job on the guy just stating his opinion.He did manage to omit how ugly that damn front end is..Hood delete please!!
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 10:17 AM   #17
atown88
Major
atown88's Avatar
United_States
18
Rep
1,442
Posts

 
Drives: e90
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slider86 View Post
Bro, it's a loaner. You're lucky not to get some Hertz POS Altima. Quit complaining.
lol. I took my car in one time and requested a loaner. When they pulled 335 around to where they were parked I got all giddy inside, (coming from a 328) but as we walked outside, we walked right up to a silver Nissan Altima. Boy did I regret asking for a loaner. Turns out, I signed up for a rental. Waste of my damn money.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 10:18 AM   #18
DUI Elite
///M at Heart
DUI Elite's Avatar
22
Rep
1,721
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 SGM E90
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PINeely View Post
Man I was in the dealership once and watched a woman go absolutely radioactive because she drove a 5-series and they gave her a 3-series loaner. I really wish they'd told her no but they just swapped her to a new one and called her an asshole after she left.

Some people are so entitled. Be glad that your dealership provides you with another brand-new BMW to use and doesn't rent Enterprise or give you rides in the party van.
This is why BMW enthusiasts especially are seen as douchebags. They start acting entitled.

Expecting good service is one thing, but demanding it is totally different. Maybe you'd like the Impala at Enterprise more OP. I didn't absolutely love the F30 I drove when my F25 X3 was in for service either, but I didn't make a thread about it lol.

Same thing with all the kids that cry and bitch and moan about getting a 328 loaner when they drive a 335. Get over yourself! You'll be happier in life
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 10:19 AM   #19
90rr
Second Lieutenant
90rr's Avatar
6
Rep
283
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 328i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Delray Beach FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90 LCI View Post
Boca Raton.. haha
I am from Boca There is young people here !
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 10:20 AM   #20
JAL0988
Major
JAL0988's Avatar
15
Rep
1,413
Posts

 
Drives: e92 335i xdrive
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: NY

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agentphish View Post
I haven't driven an F30, but I sat in one and didn't care for it vs e90.

I had a 2013 535 M-Sport for my battery recall loaner. Nice car and all, but far too big for my tastes...did love the steering wheel's tactile feel though.

Disliked the auto-shut-off. There were three people in the dealer getting that turned off as I was there.

To the OP...Sorry about your luck with your brand new loaner car but you shouldn't feel the need to sound like an entitled assclown.
You're right. I went back and read my post closely and it did come off as "entitled" and "dickish" but I'm just not happy about the whole situation. Thank you for agreeing with me but showing me where I was wrong. I am being serious about that too.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 10:23 AM   #21
JAL0988
Major
JAL0988's Avatar
15
Rep
1,413
Posts

 
Drives: e92 335i xdrive
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: NY

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUI Elite View Post
This is why BMW enthusiasts especially are seen as douchebags. They start acting entitled.

Expecting good service is one thing, but demanding it is totally different. Maybe you'd like the Impala at Enterprise more OP. I didn't absolutely love the F30 I drove when my F25 X3 was in for service either, but I didn't make a thread about it lol.

Same thing with all the kids that cry and bitch and moan about getting a 328 when they drive a 335. Get over yourself!
Well in my contract it says a bmw loaner will be provided for me and I understand that doesn't mean a 335i or something better but the car was filthy and I had to put gas in it. Just saying that it's frustrating. Anyway go fuck yourself
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 10:25 AM   #22
DUI Elite
///M at Heart
DUI Elite's Avatar
22
Rep
1,721
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 SGM E90
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAL0988 View Post
Well in my contract it says a bmw loaner will be provided for me and I understand that doesn't mean a 335i or something better but the car was filthy and I had to put gas in it. Just saying that it's frustrating. Anyway go fuck yourself
Lol throw a tantrum about it.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:06 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST