E90Post
 


jb4store
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > 2007 BMW 335i e90 FRM Module Problems



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-21-2013, 03:05 PM   #1
gunda
Lieutenant
Canada
8

 
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i e92
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Mississauga


Posts: 466
iTrader: (0)

2007 BMW 335i e90 FRM Module Problems

I am working with a 2007 BMW 335i e90 and I am assuming it is an earlier build because it has the FRM module, as opposed to the newer ones. The Fog lights have been replaced and I am running into the same problems many others have in the past. The bulb error is constantly coming up, and the FOG lights will turn off. I was hoping someone could help me out with the following:

1. how can I code out these FOG Light error codes in the FRM Module, when I searched for the specific codes from the spreadsheet, not all of them were there.

2. How can I code my Day Time Running Light and have just my Angle eyes on?

3. How can I code the welcome lights? (such as FOG Lights and license plate light come on with car is unlocked)

4. Why are numerous of the codes from the spreadsheet not found on the FRM module when i searched for them?

****I have attached the FRM File, please let me know if someone can help fix it to get all these issues resolved. I appreciate all your help ****

FSW_PSW.txt
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2013, 03:08 PM   #2
rich123321
Captain
United_States
13

 
rich123321's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 325i E90
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: South Florida


Posts: 795
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2006 BMW E90  [4.17]
Its because you dont have the options availible because you do not have the FRM2. Sorry man. As for errors, turn off warm and cold checks along with error messages off for fog lights
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2013, 03:14 PM   #3
gunda
Lieutenant
Canada
8

 
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i e92
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Mississauga


Posts: 466
iTrader: (0)

LOL hey rich hows it going the VMWare file you sent me is working perfectly :P

Can you edit that file for me to code off all the warm/cold check properly? I tried, but I got kind of confused because I went through the spreadsheet and some of the codes were not in the FRM file, and some were already set to nicht-aktiv...?

Also can you edit the fog light error off as well for me please

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich123321 View Post
Its because you dont have the options availible because you do not have the FRM2. Sorry man. As for errors, turn off warm and cold checks along with error messages off for fog lights
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2013, 03:49 PM   #4
cn555ic
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
241


 
cn555ic's Avatar
 
Drives: Bimmerscoding.com
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New York


Posts: 18,286
iTrader: (5)

Send a message via Yahoo to cn555ic
Lol. Now you know why I didn't answer you your pm on the other forum.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2013, 03:53 PM   #5
gunda
Lieutenant
Canada
8

 
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i e92
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Mississauga


Posts: 466
iTrader: (0)

HUH? What...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
Lol. Now you know why I didn't answer you your pm on the other forum.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2013, 03:58 PM   #6
pweber84
Banned
Germany
4

 
pweber84's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 330d e91
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Berlin, Germany / PL, Posen


Posts: 347
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via Skype™ to pweber84
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunda View Post
I am working with a 2007 BMW 335i e90 and I am assuming it is an earlier build because it has the FRM module, as opposed to the newer ones. The Fog lights have been replaced and I am running into the same problems many others have in the past. The bulb error is constantly coming up, and the FOG lights will turn off. I was hoping someone could help me out with the following:

1. how can I code out these FOG Light error codes in the FRM Module, when I searched for the specific codes from the spreadsheet, not all of them were there.

2. How can I code my Day Time Running Light and have just my Angle eyes on?

3. How can I code the welcome lights? (such as FOG Lights and license plate light come on with car is unlocked)

4. Why are numerous of the codes from the spreadsheet not found on the FRM module when i searched for them?

****I have attached the FRM File, please let me know if someone can help fix it to get all these issues resolved. I appreciate all your help ****

Attachment 850109
You can buy used FRM2 and replace it, then you will have all future available for cars after 03.2007 like Welcome Lights, AE as DRL etc....
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2013, 04:01 PM   #7
rich123321
Captain
United_States
13

 
rich123321's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 325i E90
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: South Florida


Posts: 795
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2006 BMW E90  [4.17]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
Lol. Now you know why I didn't answer you your pm on the other forum.
Why? Because I used the public official files that temporarily replaced yours before packaging the vm and helping a member out? Or did you just assume I broke my promise and made your sacred private files public?

Last edited by rich123321; 04-21-2013 at 04:11 PM.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2013, 04:05 PM   #8
gunda
Lieutenant
Canada
8

 
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i e92
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Mississauga


Posts: 466
iTrader: (0)

Sorry if this started a fight lol, but all the information is public and Rich is an amazing guy to help others out without asking for something in return.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2013, 04:06 PM   #9
gunda
Lieutenant
Canada
8

 
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i e92
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Mississauga


Posts: 466
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ******84
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunda View Post
I am working with a 2007 BMW 335i e90 and I am assuming it is an earlier build because it has the FRM module, as opposed to the newer ones. The Fog lights have been replaced and I am running into the same problems many others have in the past. The bulb error is constantly coming up, and the FOG lights will turn off. I was hoping someone could help me out with the following:

1. how can I code out these FOG Light error codes in the FRM Module, when I searched for the specific codes from the spreadsheet, not all of them were there.

2. How can I code my Day Time Running Light and have just my Angle eyes on?

3. How can I code the welcome lights? (such as FOG Lights and license plate light come on with car is unlocked)

4. Why are numerous of the codes from the spreadsheet not found on the FRM module when i searched for them?

****I have attached the FRM File, please let me know if someone can help fix it to get all these issues resolved. I appreciate all your help ****

Attachment 850109
You can buy used FRM2 and replace it, then you will have all future available for cars after 03.2007 like Welcome Lights, AE as DRL etc....
So the only way to get any of these DRL, welcome light features I need to upgrade the FRM Module, theres no other way? How much do they usually go for used?
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2013, 04:09 PM   #10
rich123321
Captain
United_States
13

 
rich123321's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 325i E90
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: South Florida


Posts: 795
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2006 BMW E90  [4.17]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunda View Post
LOL hey rich hows it going the VMWare file you sent me is working perfectly :P

Can you edit that file for me to code off all the warm/cold check properly? I tried, but I got kind of confused because I went through the spreadsheet and some of the codes were not in the FRM file, and some were already set to nicht-aktiv...?

Also can you edit the fog light error off as well for me please
Good to hear about the VM! I took of your sidemarker parking lights and the fog errors. For DRL angel eyes, you need to move your light switch to the parking light mode. Overwrite the man file with attatched and then do the sgetfswpsw then change job to sg_codieren and then execute!
Attached Files
File Type: txt FSW_PSW.txt (25.5 KB, 147 views)
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2013, 04:10 PM   #11
pweber84
Banned
Germany
4

 
pweber84's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 330d e91
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Berlin, Germany / PL, Posen


Posts: 347
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via Skype™ to pweber84
You can have DRL with FRM1 but no with AE.

Used costs about $130-$150.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2013, 04:13 PM   #12
gunda
Lieutenant
Canada
8

 
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i e92
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Mississauga


Posts: 466
iTrader: (0)

Thanks once again Rich for helping me out!


Quote:
Originally Posted by rich123321 View Post
Good to hear about the VM! I took of your sidemarker parking lights and the fog errors. For DRL angel eyes, you need to move your light switch to the parking light mode. Overwrite the man file with attatched and then do the sgetfswpsw then change job to sg_codieren and then execute!
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2013, 04:15 PM   #13
rich123321
Captain
United_States
13

 
rich123321's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 325i E90
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: South Florida


Posts: 795
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2006 BMW E90  [4.17]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunda View Post
Thanks once again Rich for helping me out!
Glad to help man. here is an auction for one that seems to match. Dont be intimidated by the wires, you unclip them from the connectors because it was removed from a damaged car
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-3-series...item48541c8cfc
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2013, 04:17 PM   #14
pweber84
Banned
Germany
4

 
pweber84's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 330d e91
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Berlin, Germany / PL, Posen


Posts: 347
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via Skype™ to pweber84
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich123321 View Post
Glad to help man. here is an auction for one that seems to match. Dont be intimidated by the wires, you unclip them from the connectors because it was removed from a damaged car
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-3-series...item48541c8cfc
It is even FRM3
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2013, 04:24 PM   #15
rich123321
Captain
United_States
13

 
rich123321's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 325i E90
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: South Florida


Posts: 795
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2006 BMW E90  [4.17]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ******84 View Post
It is even FRM3
Exactly I paid 140 for my FRM2
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2013, 02:39 PM   #16
gunda
Lieutenant
Canada
8

 
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i e92
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Mississauga


Posts: 466
iTrader: (0)

Hey Rich is it possible to code the FRM Module to also have the foglights and angel eyes on at the same time while having the car set to parking lights?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich123321 View Post
Exactly I paid 140 for my FRM2
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2013, 03:54 PM   #17
rich123321
Captain
United_States
13

 
rich123321's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 325i E90
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: South Florida


Posts: 795
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2006 BMW E90  [4.17]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunda View Post
Hey Rich is it possible to code the FRM Module to also have the foglights and angel eyes on at the same time while having the car set to parking lights?
What I did was enable the fog lights to ALWAYS be on no matter what. Ignition on leads to the fogs being on. This way I can leave it set to automatic but have the fog lights come on instead of having the high beams when the fog button is pushed
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2013, 05:47 AM   #18
Mr.Rnow
*_*809*_*
No_Country
1

 
Mr.Rnow's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW E9x
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: NYC & NJ


Posts: 104
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunda
I am working with a 2007 BMW 335i e90 and I am assuming it is an earlier build because it has the FRM module, as opposed to the newer ones. The Fog lights have been replaced and I am running into the same problems many others have in the past. The bulb error is constantly coming up, and the FOG lights will turn off. I was hoping someone could help me out with the following:

1. how can I code out these FOG Light error codes in the FRM Module, when I searched for the specific codes from the spreadsheet, not all of them were there.

2. How can I code my Day Time Running Light and have just my Angle eyes on?

3. How can I code the welcome lights? (such as FOG Lights and license plate light come on with car is unlocked)

4. Why are numerous of the codes from the spreadsheet not found on the FRM module when i searched for them?

****I have attached the FRM File, please let me know if someone can help fix it to get all these issues resolved. I appreciate all your help ****

Attachment 850109
I put hid in my fog Lights and they turns off after 10 sec...
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2013, 12:17 PM   #19
WickedB
Second Lieutenant
2

 
WickedB's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 335i Convertible
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Detroit, MI


Posts: 275
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktav0360 View Post
I put hid in my fog Lights and they turns off after 10 sec...
I had the same issue, I had to get a decent HID/Ballast (canbus) unit AND solder a 10,000uF capacitor in-line. No more error, and no more lights shutting off.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2013, 01:12 PM   #20
DESI4life10
Banned
Canada
47

 
DESI4life10's Avatar
 
Drives: Coding: Desi4life10@gmail.com
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: West of Toronto, Canada


Posts: 3,365
iTrader: (18)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktav0360 View Post
I put hid in my fog Lights and they turns off after 10 sec...
Using nettodata, you can tinker around with the voltage to to have this set up correctly to not shut off or flicker.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:42 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST