E90Post
 


 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast > BMW talkers I mean drivers.



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-10-2007, 08:35 PM   #1
TheRusski
Private First Class
 
TheRusski's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 328i E92
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Miami, FL

Posts: 159
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 328i  [5.00]
Send a message via AIM to TheRusski
Thumbs down BMW talkers I mean drivers.

You know what kind of pisses me off since I became a member??? All these topics about meets here and there and everywhere....roll calls, confirmations, bunch of F*$(% bull. Cause at the end 3 cars show up, organizer shows up for 3 minutes then takes off, bunch of others get scared of the rain and/or football game on the TV and there goes your SUPER MEET. What happened to the real enthusiasts...pretty phony...for people who have such a strong car community online.....perhaps I just got a bad taste from a few meets I attended....anyhow.....now that it's off my chest would be interesting to see some of your responses and/or suggestions for us all... No hard feelings just a slight dissapointment....maybe I should of gotten a VW lol....ha ha ha. at least they have nice VDUB meetings, lol.
TheRusski is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-10-2007, 09:13 PM   #2
533ogetnom
Banned
 
Drives: 335coupe
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Florida

Posts: 1,760
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRusski View Post
You know what kind of pisses me off since I became a member??? All these topics about meets here and there and everywhere....roll calls, confirmations, bunch of F*$(% bull. Cause at the end 3 cars show up, organizer shows up for 3 minutes then takes off, bunch of others get scared of the rain and/or football game on the TV and there goes your SUPER MEET. What happened to the real enthusiasts...pretty phony...for people who have such a strong car community online.....perhaps I just got a bad taste from a few meets I attended....anyhow.....now that it's off my chest would be interesting to see some of your responses and/or suggestions for us all... No hard feelings just a slight dissapointment....maybe I should of gotten a VW lol....ha ha ha. at least they have nice VDUB meetings, lol.
your russian? do you have a sister, i bet shes real purdy


i know what you meen
533ogetnom is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-10-2007, 09:31 PM   #3
thegeneral101
Colonel
 
Drives: '13 M3 LRE,'13 750Li
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Miami/Michigan

Posts: 2,277
iTrader: (0)

I understand where you are coming from but tons of us down in the MIA meet all the time! This was the first meet I missed that I said I was going to attend, and even then I told "the organizer" that I may have to attend the democratic debate which is pretty important. I can tell you that all of the people I have met at the meets in Miami truly love all bimmers, so I think you should hold judgment on that.

I'm sorry that had to happen, and I'm sorry that it put a bad taste in your mouth. Most events will always be lower in attendance when it rains, especially when people (like me) spend hours detailing the car. I hope to see you at another meet in the future though!
__________________
thegeneral101 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-10-2007, 11:04 PM   #4
EHDEN
Brigadier General
 
EHDEN's Avatar
 
Drives: 435i
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Miami, FL

Posts: 3,864
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 BMW 435i  [0.00]
i hope you did not get a BMW just for the meets. that's an expense price to pay to be accepted in a group. All the Monthly meets have been great. we normally do a monthly meet and plan for that way in advance where we ALL try to show up to. All the in between meets are per schedule. Some of us do have jobs, family to attend to, or things to take care of, or a football season that you've been looking forward to since February. So don't get all teary and don't take it to the heart. There's always another meet.
__________________
EHDEN is offline   Lebanon
0
Reply With Quote
      09-10-2007, 11:54 PM   #5
nine4surfah
Captain
 
nine4surfah's Avatar
 
Drives: 325i Electric Red
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: San Diego

Posts: 790
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
__________________
nine4surfah is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-11-2007, 07:26 AM   #6
thegeneral101
Colonel
 
Drives: '13 M3 LRE,'13 750Li
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Miami/Michigan

Posts: 2,277
iTrader: (0)

__________________
thegeneral101 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-11-2007, 09:14 AM   #7
TheRusski
Private First Class
 
TheRusski's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 328i E92
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Miami, FL

Posts: 159
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 328i  [5.00]
Send a message via AIM to TheRusski
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 533ogetnom View Post
your russian? do you have a sister, i bet shes real purdy


i know what you meen
Ha ha, yes I have a sister......wanna meet her? her name is Ivanka she plays for the Chargers, lol.
TheRusski is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-11-2007, 09:16 AM   #8
TheRusski
Private First Class
 
TheRusski's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 328i E92
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Miami, FL

Posts: 159
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 328i  [5.00]
Send a message via AIM to TheRusski
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegeneral101 View Post
I understand where you are coming from but tons of us down in the MIA meet all the time! This was the first meet I missed that I said I was going to attend, and even then I told "the organizer" that I may have to attend the democratic debate which is pretty important. I can tell you that all of the people I have met at the meets in Miami truly love all bimmers, so I think you should hold judgment on that.

I'm sorry that had to happen, and I'm sorry that it put a bad taste in your mouth. Most events will always be lower in attendance when it rains, especially when people (like me) spend hours detailing the car. I hope to see you at another meet in the future though!
Sounds great, I guess you have a point there, maybe it's because I don't spend hrs detailing it, he he he. From now on, only going down south, lol. (South of Davie that is) ha ha.
TheRusski is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-11-2007, 09:17 AM   #9
TheRusski
Private First Class
 
TheRusski's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 328i E92
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Miami, FL

Posts: 159
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 328i  [5.00]
Send a message via AIM to TheRusski
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by EHDEN View Post
i hope you did not get a BMW just for the meets. that's an expense price to pay to be accepted in a group. All the Monthly meets have been great. we normally do a monthly meet and plan for that way in advance where we ALL try to show up to. All the in between meets are per schedule. Some of us do have jobs, family to attend to, or things to take care of, or a football season that you've been looking forward to since February. So don't get all teary and don't take it to the heart. There's always another meet.
I guess I was a little frustrated, but you do have a point as well...I mean I don't have anything else to attend to i.e. family etc......anyone got a sister for me? lol......ha ha ha.
TheRusski is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-11-2007, 09:18 AM   #10
TheRusski
Private First Class
 
TheRusski's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 328i E92
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Miami, FL

Posts: 159
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 328i  [5.00]
Send a message via AIM to TheRusski
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by nine4surfah View Post
ha ha.
TheRusski is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-11-2007, 09:34 AM   #11
Miami Bimmer06
I got Twiinz
 
Miami Bimmer06's Avatar
 
Drives: The Ladies Wild
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Miami, Fl

Posts: 1,433
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to Miami Bimmer06
well we have a meet on the 22nd, hope you can make it.
__________________
Miami Bimmer06 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-11-2007, 11:43 AM   #12
TheRusski
Private First Class
 
TheRusski's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 328i E92
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Miami, FL

Posts: 159
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 328i  [5.00]
Send a message via AIM to TheRusski
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami Bimmer06 View Post
well we have a meet on the 22nd, hope you can make it.
I hope so too, awesome.....can't wait....just have to find another person to ride with me, for the picture part.
TheRusski is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-11-2007, 12:26 PM   #13
thegeneral101
Colonel
 
Drives: '13 M3 LRE,'13 750Li
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Miami/Michigan

Posts: 2,277
iTrader: (0)

im glad we got that worked out, i did feel bad for not going!
__________________
thegeneral101 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-11-2007, 03:10 PM   #14
rideelement247
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: 08 335i, 67 Camaro SS
Join Date: May 2007
Location: South Florida

Posts: 1,677
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to rideelement247
Sorry about not being able to stay for long, as I told you guys, I have problems with my downpipes. I couldn't accomplish much on the oxygen sensors that night, but notced that my downpipes dont fit right to the engine and they are ziptied about 3/4inches away from where they should be bracketed:mad:. I couldn't access them or the O2 sensors for that matter...too little space with oil changing ramps and too challenging at around 8pm.

Once agan, sorry for not being able to hang with you guys, seemed like an awesome crowd. I'm gunna try to get a professional to tackle the O2 sensor problem as well as check out the shitty install of the DP. Its just so frustrating/heart breaking when you fork out all that cash and the job isn't done right and you have problems
__________________
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(e90post.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
rideelement247 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-11-2007, 03:43 PM   #15
TheRusski
Private First Class
 
TheRusski's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 328i E92
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Miami, FL

Posts: 159
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 328i  [5.00]
Send a message via AIM to TheRusski
Quote:
Originally Posted by rideelement247 View Post
Sorry about not being able to stay for long, as I told you guys, I have problems with my downpipes. I couldn't accomplish much on the oxygen sensors that night, but notced that my downpipes dont fit right to the engine and they are ziptied about 3/4inches away from where they should be bracketed:mad:. I couldn't access them or the O2 sensors for that matter...too little space with oil changing ramps and too challenging at around 8pm.

Once agan, sorry for not being able to hang with you guys, seemed like an awesome crowd. I'm gunna try to get a professional to tackle the O2 sensor problem as well as check out the shitty install of the DP. Its just so frustrating/heart breaking when you fork out all that cash and the job isn't done right and you have problems
NO problem dude....it was just a weird first impression, hope you get your thing fixed....nice car dude...I am obviously doing something wrong...lol ha ha could only afford 328 lol.
TheRusski is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-11-2007, 04:46 PM   #16
rideelement247
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: 08 335i, 67 Camaro SS
Join Date: May 2007
Location: South Florida

Posts: 1,677
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to rideelement247
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRusski View Post
NO problem dude....it was just a weird first impression, hope you get your thing fixed....nice car dude...I am obviously doing something wrong...lol ha ha could only afford 328 lol.
Think of it this way, you spent less money to mod with less problems

But I don't take back what I did, the mods I have are great...just gotta deal with the sh*t that comes with them.
__________________
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(e90post.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
rideelement247 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-14-2007, 11:24 PM   #17
Year's_End
Local Jabroni
 
Year's_End's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 E92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: St. Pete, FL

Posts: 12,030
iTrader: (0)

lol e-tissue
__________________
E92 335i: Space Grey|Coral Red|Aluminum Trim

Hold out for the BRZ STI or... Rocket Bunny FRS. Update: Scratch that. I've got a 2015 5.0/6MT with my name on it.
Year's_End is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-21-2007, 07:51 PM   #18
TheRusski
Private First Class
 
TheRusski's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 328i E92
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Miami, FL

Posts: 159
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 328i  [5.00]
Send a message via AIM to TheRusski
Once again same turn out, glad I didn't delete this post, lol....I can keep bringing it up, ha ha...
TheRusski is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-21-2007, 08:04 PM   #19
urnone
Major
 
urnone's Avatar
 
Drives: Black Sapphire 335i E92
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Miami, Floriduhhh

Posts: 1,015
iTrader: (2)

Usually the monthly meets have good turnouts... give one a try
__________________
Mods: Painted Reflectors, GP Thunder Angels, Rear Fogs, 20% Tints, Front Aero Lip, Alarm, Black Layovers, Pearlescent Brake Handle, Debadge, ACS Roofspoiler, LED license plate, 6000k HID & HID Fogs, LED footwell mod
Click to see my BMW plate collection

urnone is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-21-2007, 08:19 PM   #20
TheRusski
Private First Class
 
TheRusski's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 328i E92
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Miami, FL

Posts: 159
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 328i  [5.00]
Send a message via AIM to TheRusski
Quote:
Originally Posted by urnone View Post
Usually the monthly meets have good turnouts... give one a try
Man I have been to 3 this month......when is the monthly meets? lol.....is it every 6th Friday of every month? lol....ha ha.
TheRusski is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-21-2007, 08:20 PM   #21
urnone
Major
 
urnone's Avatar
 
Drives: Black Sapphire 335i E92
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Miami, Floriduhhh

Posts: 1,015
iTrader: (2)

its whenever someone plans it.... but its tomorrow.... come and stop by!! I will be there with a lady friend ;-) well thats a maybe on the lady friend
__________________
Mods: Painted Reflectors, GP Thunder Angels, Rear Fogs, 20% Tints, Front Aero Lip, Alarm, Black Layovers, Pearlescent Brake Handle, Debadge, ACS Roofspoiler, LED license plate, 6000k HID & HID Fogs, LED footwell mod
Click to see my BMW plate collection

urnone is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-21-2007, 08:25 PM   #22
TheRusski
Private First Class
 
TheRusski's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 328i E92
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Miami, FL

Posts: 159
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 328i  [5.00]
Send a message via AIM to TheRusski
Quote:
Originally Posted by urnone View Post
its whenever someone plans it.... but its tomorrow.... come and stop by!! I will be there with a lady friend ;-) well thats a maybe on the lady friend
I wish I could, I have some previous arrangements though...plus no BS my lady friend doesn't want EVER to go again....since I dragged her to all these "NON MONTHLY" meets, lol... Hope all goes well tomorrow for you guys....proove me all wrong....:rocks:
TheRusski is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:24 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST