E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Suspension/diff install question

04-22-2013, 12:10 AM   #1
nikitino25
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 E92 335i

Suspension/diff install question

I'm going to be installing a quaife LSD in the near future along with M3 subframe bushings at the same time probably and am getting some coilovers soon also. I was thinking about doing it in two steps though, first the LSD and rear subframe bushings and then later installing the coilovers (probably M3 camber arms also). My question is would there be and advantage to installing the coilovers and M3 camber arms at at the same time as the diff and subframe bushings since I would have the subframe dropped already or would it be just as easy to install the coilovers later on? Also, I might be installing the M3 rear sway so I should do that at the same time as the diff when the subframe is down right?
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2013, 10:32 AM   #2
MikeR1994
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 e90 325i, 05 325Ci (RIP)

Garage List
2006 BMW 325i  [0.00]
The coilovers won't be any easier with the subframe dropped and the camber arms will be easy either way. The subframe has to be dropped to change out the antiroll bar, and trust me you do not want to have to drop that sucker twice! Are you doing this yourself? I helped a friend drop his, but I was only there for a couple hours. I'm dreading the day that I realize it's time to suck it up and solid mount everything along with installing an M3 rear sway and an LSD. It's a time consuming process to say the least...
Active Autowerke Stage II | MMW CSv2 Exhaust | MMW Catless Headers | BC Racing BR Extreme Low Coilovers | custom adjustable rear suspension links | 19" Hyperblack CSL's | M3 style front | trim wrapped in brushed steel vinyl | Slightly smoked tail lights with clear reverse lights | factory xenons

Appreciate 0
      04-22-2013, 11:39 AM   #3
nikitino25
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 E92 335i

I actually have a mechanic that's going to be helping me (doing most of the work); he's not a bmw mechanic but with the bentley manual and DIY write ups I'm hoping to be able to do all this. I'm just not sure yet which coilovers i'm getting and thought it would be good also to break the job up into two sessions and go ahead and do the LSD and bushings first then later the coils and M3 front arms (my car will be in his garage so I can't really leave it there for an extended period)...
What diff bushings do you guys recommend?
Appreciate 0