E90Post

Horizon LED

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > Boston truth revealed. Please look.

04-23-2013, 11:44 AM   #23
Mr Tonka
Tonka.... Mr. Tonka
United_States
Rep

Drives: Exceptionally well :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
My guess is the other guys with the backpack are feds who are standard at large gatherings since 9-11. They walk around testing for radioactive contamination. His reaction of duck and cover in the doorway after the explosion supports that because you never see a firearm come out

just my guess.
I think that guy in the door way bending down with a back pack in front of him is a guy changing the lens on his camera. Looks like he's got a camera body hanging from his neck as he's opening the bag. But like you, that's just my guess.

"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." — Frédéric Bastiat
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 12:05 PM   #24
silvergray545
Skittles
Lebanon
Rep

Drives: E60 545i Sport

Garage List
2005 545i Sport  [0.00]
Well said, MP0WER.

Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not f*cking your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 12:36 PM   #25
Xios135
First Lieutenant
Bouvet Island
Rep

Drives: 2014 MB CLA Edition 1

Garage List
      04-23-2013, 01:42 PM   #26
JasonCSU
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: '08 135i, '03 WRX

Garage List
2003 Subaru WRX  [0.00]
1988 BMW 325is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
MP0WER does bring up a good point about those in power who have to make life and death decisions on the level of a mass population. The basic question being, do you sacrifice the lives of a few to save the lives of many? You don't have to look too far back in history to find a similar conspiracy theory. That theory is of the bombing of Coventry, England during WWII. Supposedly, Churchill knew the city was going to be targeted for bombing due to the Allies recently cracking the Enigma code. However, the city was sacrificed "for the greater good" so that Germany would not be alerted to the Enigma code being cracked, allowing more intel to be acquired without Germany's knowledge.
      04-23-2013, 01:46 PM   #27
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xios135 View Post
+1

It's just gonna keep getting better and better.
      04-23-2013, 01:58 PM   #28
Maestro
Captain
Rep

Drives: 2007 335i Sedan

I just love all the so call experts out there who claims to know better than everyone else.

The issue as pointed out, if the fix was in the only way it works is if everyone involved never says a things, how often does that happen. In this case I believe lots more information is forthcoming.

Face it we had "home grown" nut cases looking to make their mark in the world, not different that all the nut case shooters killing people, and look how many people came out and said those were government plots.

I have a neighbor who just loves these things and buys in there is some sort of bigger story then anyone believes. This guys also believes the white vapor tails behind planes is the government spraying chemicals on all of us.

When you talk to people behind all this theories you find out real fast these people have theories for everything.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 01:58 PM   #29
grimlock
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post

I want to believe in conspiracy theories too, but smart ppl keep pointing out how hard it is for 2 people to conspire a simple thing let alone who organisations - supposedly this would rule out the moon landing, 9/11 etc.
All it takes is one whistleblower, one changed conscience..

I tend to believe in the conspiracy of idiots; that is something is 'allowed' to happen, like terrorists acting on their own will are ALLOWED to do it even when they have been spotted, because someone accidently OR purposely messed up.
Like you know how they have files on politicians, but the current "powers that be" see no reason to use it, until someone who has a purpose for it comes across it, then you get a big figure prosecuted for corruption or whatever.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 01:58 PM   #30
abisson
Canada FTW.
Canada
Rep

Drives: 2010 GTI MKVI

I don't think putting the bomb at the departure lane could have been possible due to the security and witnesses. My simple guess as to why they did it randomly.

Also, I am sure they thought they were going to get away with it, which would have been almost impossible if it was at the departure lane.
      04-23-2013, 02:00 PM   #31
abisson
Canada FTW.
Canada
Rep

Drives: 2010 GTI MKVI

Is Columbine also a conspiracy? Are the conflicts in Iran/Iraq/Afghanistan all conspiracies from within?

Jesus Christ.
      04-23-2013, 02:08 PM   #32
Chris_506
From RWD to AWD
Costa Rica
Rep

Drives: 2009 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by abisson View Post
Is Columbine also a conspiracy? Are the conflicts in Iran/Iraq/Afghanistan all conspiracies from within?

Jesus Christ.

Honestly if you are going to reply Do so with something relevant and eloquent not just your sarcasm. No one here is talking about 9/11, afganisthan, sandy hook etc we are talking about the bostom bombings. The subject is open to discussion and everyone is entitled to voice their opinion theres no need to go around making people think they are stupid because they dont share your perspective.
      04-23-2013, 02:10 PM   #33
Chris_506
From RWD to AWD
Costa Rica
Rep

Drives: 2009 335xi

hats off to you. Very well stated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MP0WER View Post
Believe it or not, there are some people who look at all the information posted about these types of incidents and make their own decisions. Not everyone who disagrees with the "official" story wears a tinfoil hat.

Like i said before, it's stupid to think that the government is responsible for Boston. But then it's also stupid to be so naive to think that the government couldn't be responsible for Boston.

I certainly don't think 9/11 was an inside job. The logistics of that were impossible to pull off without someone confiding in someone that they were involved. I do think that may have been the point in time where the Govt realized that we the people would unite and back anything that would help retaliate and or protect us from that type of event in the future.

I'm NOT saying this is what happened, but follow this for a minute. An average person could have made MUCH larger bombs that would have killed hundreds of people from legally purchased materials. And the average person who wanted to kill lots of people would have done so by detonating just before the start of the race where destiny of the people would have yielded a much higher fatality rate. So maybe the 2 guys were stupid and didn't know what they were doing. Or maybe the govt wanted to see what type of tolerance the public would have for a martial law type situation. After all these 2 blasts were relatively small, detonated when the density of spectators was much lower than at the start or even when the first competitors crossed the finish line. And they were detonated near a medical tent.

Like i said, i'm NOT saying i believe that's what happened, but the possibility is there. As someone mentioned, there were armored personnel carriers with hundreds of full combat dressed operators combing public streets which were "locked down". There are pictures of these operators pointing weapons at the photographer as they stand in their home as ordered. All for 2 guys who were SUSPECTED of killing 4 people and injuring many more. Yes, they did rob some people, stole a car, shot a security officer in the name of fleeing. But if you were asked to be involved with an "exercise" during the Boston marathon, then there were explosions at that event, then you were named as suspect 1 or 2; well, turning yourself in to clear your name is an option that was just taken off of the table. This of course is all speculation and i hope that the reality of this situation, that we may never know, is nothing like this.

You and i may never be able to justify the deaths of even a few to find out how much control you may have over a city after a major event. But in the scope of the world, even our country, the powers at be have been making these types of decisions for decades; and that's not speculation and neither is the following. There are many contingency plans for attacks on our country. Many of those include plans to evaluate the injured and only tend to the ones with the highest probability of survival. In fact, in the event of a dirty bomb being detonated in one of our cities, the wind direction will play a major role with weather or not you'll be assisted by the first responders. To the people who are forced to think on this level, human life is just another commodity with a value attached to it. As a person in power you must think that way in certain circumstances. I don't have a problem with this because when populations get to our size you just can't save everyone in every circumstance. The problem is.... that power which forces some elected officials to think this way is the same power that often corrupts those same elected officials.

Take from that what you will, but just as we shouldn't blindly believe that the government is responsible for all these events; we also shouldn't blindly believe that the government isn't responsible for all these events.
      04-23-2013, 02:13 PM   #34
schoy
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: Melbourne Red E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSRe92 View Post
Honestly if you are going to reply Do so with something relevant and eloquent not just your sarcasm. No one here is talking about 9/11, afganisthan, sandy hook etc we are talking about the bostom bombings. The subject is open to discussion and everyone is entitled to voice their opinion theres no need to go around making people think they are stupid because they dont share your perspective.
Granted sarcasm doesn't help further discussion, but on the matter of topicality alone, 9/11 and sandy hook was, in fairness, brought up in post #9.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 02:34 PM   #35
schoy
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: Melbourne Red E90 M3

In re: MPower's post:
While it may be academically interesting to consider possibilities, shouldn't we spend our time and resources on what probably happened? Sure one could conjure up an infinite number of possibilities, even based on the bits of evidence here and there. I'm sure, with enough exhaustive research, one could even construct a narrative that ties one or both brothers to alien mind-control or Area 51 (such as via extensive degrees of separation), but that's probably not what happened. The best we can do is to do survey the evidence and come up with the most probable theory.

So far, even based on the evidence presented by the "conspiracy theorists", nothing leads me to believe that this was a gov't-led or even a gov't-"permitted" job. Are there discrepancies in the evidence? Sure, but there are discrepancies in many high profile investigations. Rarely do high profile crimes have slam-dunk evidence.

What I always find amusing is conspiracy theorists picking apart a small % of evidence, blowing that small % up into a much bigger proportion that it really is to give it more weight, and then focusing on that counter-evidence to the disregard of all other evidence. Then, when they don't get official answers to their inquiries, they assume it's a cover-up, as if the gov't has the time and resources to answer every question that 300 million people might have.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 02:37 PM   #36
quagmire
I am Gundam
Rep

Drives: 2014 Cadillac ATS 3.6 AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSRe92 View Post
You want to talk about conspiracy theories?

How about every time there is a tragic event, there are always people who think there is a conspiracy theory.....

FDR knew about Pearl, moon landing was fake, 9/11 was an inside job, Sand Hook conspiracy, and now the Boston bombings. Why can't there be a tragic/major event without people thinking the government is behind it, knew about it, or faked it?
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 02:38 PM   #37
Mr Tonka
Tonka.... Mr. Tonka
United_States
Rep

Again, i'm not saying that's how it went down. Just saying the possibility of it is not so far fetched.

Someone said that it's impossible to keep under wraps. Sometimes you don't have to keep it under wraps. Bostonians have some of the most vigilant attitudes in the country. And while a person isn't easily manipulated, masses of people are. If you convince the majority of people that this is what happened, there is no need for officials to investigate what the minority allege. Meaning after a certain point in time, no one in Boston would have believed him no matter the circumstances. Give a certain amount of time for the media to do what it does and 85% of the people watching viewed the suspects as guilty.

Why were hundreds of combat ready personnel roaming the streets with armored vehicles looking for 2 suspects?

Quote:
suspect verb |səˈspekt |
1 have an idea or impression of the existence, presence, or truth of (something) without certain proof: (as adj. suspected)
2 doubt the genuineness or truth of:
noun |ˈsəsˌpekt |
a person thought to be guilty of a crime or offense:
Was that type of excessive force used to influence the publics thought process? A number of people told me that day that the city was on lock down cause they're looking for the guys set the bombs. What they were doing in reality was looking for the guys who were suspected of setting the bombs. But within hours of media doing what they do, they went from being suspects to being guilty.

That said, every comment on this subject from anyone is all speculation. When people ask my opinion on weather or not the govt is involved with these events i typically say that i don't think they are, but should some type of proof come to light, i wouldn't be surprised if they were.

"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." — Frédéric Bastiat
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 02:48 PM   #38
Mr Tonka
Tonka.... Mr. Tonka
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoy View Post
In re: MPower's post:
While it may be academically interesting to consider possibilities, shouldn't we spend our time and resources on what probably happened? Sure one could conjure up an infinite number of possibilities, even based on the bits of evidence here and there. I'm sure, with enough exhaustive research, one could even construct a narrative that ties one or both brothers to alien mind-control or Area 51 (such as via extensive degrees of separation), but that's probably not what happened. The best we can do is to do survey the evidence and come up with the most probable theory.

So far, even based on the evidence presented by the "conspiracy theorists", nothing leads me to believe that this was a gov't-led or even a gov't-"permitted" job. Are there discrepancies in the evidence? Sure, but there are discrepancies in many high profile investigations. Rarely do high profile crimes have slam-dunk evidence.

What I always find amusing is conspiracy theorists picking apart a small % of evidence, blowing that small % up into a much bigger proportion that it really is to give it more weight, and then focusing on that counter-evidence to the disregard of all other evidence. Then, when they don't get official answers to their inquiries, they assume it's a cover-up, as if the gov't has the time and resources to answer every question that 300 million people might have.
Hard to argue with this. I fully agree that there are people out there that just want to see the world burn. Some others just want to see america burn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
You want to talk about conspiracy theories?

How about every time there is a tragic event, there are always people who think there is a conspiracy theory.....

FDR knew about Pearl, moon landing was fake, 9/11 was an inside job, Sand Hook conspiracy, and now the Boston bombings. Why can't there be a tragic/major event without people thinking the government is behind it, knew about it, or faked it?
I guess i don't peg myself a wearing a foil hat because i don't think the govt had anything to do with any of those events. However, from what i've seen and read, Boston has the highest probability of having govt involvement of any tragic event that has taken place in this country.

Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 02:55 PM   #39
Endless619
DHS
Spain
Rep

Drives: 2014 Range Rover Black Edition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
As previously mentioned... The government would go through all of the trouble of setting up this massive scheme but have the guys where their national guard uniforms to the crime? Give me a break. I see guys dressed EXACTLY like that every single day in Grand Central. They are national guardsmen between shifts. Also, that picture of the black backpack that all of the not-real-or-substantiated-sources keep showing was never said to be the bag in which the device was detonated by any real source. It's just a picture of a torn black backpack. People who were injured also pointed out the suspect as the one who placed the bag next to them having looked him right in the eye.

Also, Sandy Hook a conspiracy? You guys are really losing it. I personally know eyewitnesses and current teachers at the school. My coworker went on a date with Vicki Soto a week prior to the event. You are a clown if you think that was a conspiracy. Get your head out of your ass. You really can't sleep at night knowing that the will of one person can change so many lives without it being a part of a larger machine?
If you are correct about Sandy Hook then what was the huge deal about several of the reported children that died popping up in the midwest? It was on the news and then it was silenced and erased from the net within 48 hours.

I believe what I saw on the news at Sandy Hook but it makes me wonder what the heck was going on with these found children, then all erased. Just like that sunken ship off the coast of Norway that popped up last year right after Thanksgiving. It was a ship as big as 4 US aircraft carriers and poof within 12 hours it was wiped clean from the net and news. I was copying the images and sonar and the last thing it said was Norway requested help from the US in recovery. Call that weird. But whatever.

There are a lot of things we don't see because our government does not want the population to panic when they do not need to know. That's reality.

Last edited by Endless619; 04-23-2013 at 03:07 PM.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 02:59 PM   #40
silvergray545
Skittles
Lebanon
Rep

Garage List
2005 545i Sport  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by schoy View Post
Not to mention, none of their evidence is first hand. If it's based off of what the media puts out, I think it's safe to say that it may not be 100% reliable either.

Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not f*cking your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 03:03 PM   #41
silvergray545
Skittles
Lebanon
Rep

Garage List
2005 545i Sport  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MP0WER View Post
That said, every comment on this subject from anyone is all speculation. When people ask my opinion on weather or not the govt is involved with these events i typically say that i don't think they are, but should some type of proof come to light, i wouldn't be surprised if they were.
This is exactly how I feel.

Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 03:13 PM   #42
Maestro
Captain
Rep

Drives: 2007 335i Sedan

oh so the conspiracy theory guys miss something in their alternate theory. They show other guys with backpacks and such who could have been the real bombers, but in their own pictures they show those same guys still wearing the back packs after the bombs had already gone off. I guess they ignored that piece of information since it did not fit nicely into their theory of what happen.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 03:50 PM   #43
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by abisson View Post

Jesus Christ.
+1

I can tell you, I've been to Iraq, multiple times, and that shit was not fake.

At least what happened to those that were there, that stuff was not a conspiracy at all.
      04-23-2013, 03:59 PM   #44
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [2.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless619 View Post
If you are correct about Sandy Hook then what was the huge deal about several of the reported children that died popping up in the midwest? It was on the news and then it was silenced and erased from the net within 48 hours.

I believe what I saw on the news at Sandy Hook but it makes me wonder what the heck was going on with these found children, then all erased. Just like that sunken ship off the coast of Norway that popped up last year right after Thanksgiving. It was a ship as big as 4 US aircraft carriers and poof within 12 hours it was wiped clean from the net and news. I was copying the images and sonar and the last thing it said was Norway requested help from the US in recovery. Call that weird. But whatever.

There are a lot of things we don't see because our government does not want the population to panic when they do not need to know. That's reality.
I followed the Sandy Hook story very closely and your post was the first I have ever heard of "found children." This is the type of crap that gets these conspiracy theories going. What was the source of that story? Anything even remotely credible? The truth is that a very troubled and weaponized kid acted on his own and committed a terrible crime that actually affected people I know personally. These were actual people and it actually happened. End of story.

2010 S4 Current | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Retired
Appreciate 0