E90Post

Bimmer Retrofit

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > New Exhaust again

04-30-2013, 04:20 PM   #1
magic77
Colonel

Drives: 320

Smile New Exhaust again

Well rare as it happens my back box developed a nasty rattle. This was rather annoying especially as I had only fitted it last year after finally deciding to get rid of the OEM. Would only happen once hot and only on idle which with a diesel is typical

Worried upon the impending cost of replacement I was pleasantly surprised when I contacted BCS. Sent them a few pictures and video of the issue and got a quick speedy reply no fuss no hassle they agreed to replace it.

Even better when I rang them and said I would be coming to Liverpool for a job they said they would swap and fit it at their garage

So the other day took a run up to Liverpool day earlier in order to drop the car off for a new box. The old box had the square tips but as they now offered rolled tips on my box I decided to go for these as it also gave the car less max power look imo. Got them to take a few pics for me not best quality but ok for this.

Old Tips

New Tips

End result as always brilliant. New box no rattles and stills ounds on my cylinder lacking 320D great. Just had its MOT and passed perfectly as well

Cant recommend BCS Automotive enough great service and a nice bunch of guys as well.

Titanium Silver E90 LCI 320D M Sport Saloon - FOR SALE SHORTLY -
- Logic 7/ USB Connectity and Bluetooth/ Visibility Pack (Xenons, Adaptive Lights,Auto Wipers Lights and Corner Lights) / Sun Protection Glass/Thermal Windscreen / M Spoiler / Brake Ducts / BMW Performance Pack
      07-01-2013, 05:55 AM   #2
Alex.J
Major

Drives: BMW E60 535d MSport

Looks good, did they cut and flare your standard pipe?

I assume you wont be able to put the standard backbox back on now?

Thanks
Alex.J is offline   United Kingdom
      07-01-2013, 09:10 AM   #3
magic77
Colonel

Drives: 320

No standard pipe left I'm afraid not on mine. Where the cat / dfp ends its all new. At the front the piece is a one piece stainless steel tube bent and unrestricted. The OEM has a mid box about there the mounting plate is and the tube is squashed down also to restrict the flow.

OEM pipe system (notice the squashed pipe past the mid box)

The new pipe is then widened to act as sleeve and the back box slots into it with clamp to allow for bit of heat expansion. Something a fitted originally did not do and caused original box to fail possibly. Hence went direct to BCS to get it done right

The entire OEM stock system was just cut in half so I could fit it in the car and so can be rejoined safely later and re bolted on. Currently hanging in my shed wrapped up. Gives me a chance to sell the system on if I part ex the car

Titanium Silver E90 LCI 320D M Sport Saloon - FOR SALE SHORTLY -
- Logic 7/ USB Connectity and Bluetooth/ Visibility Pack (Xenons, Adaptive Lights,Auto Wipers Lights and Corner Lights) / Sun Protection Glass/Thermal Windscreen / M Spoiler / Brake Ducts / BMW Performance Pack